the dead Series

Started by MrLee, May 04, 2007, 09:25:56 PM

Author
the dead Series (Read 3,849 times)

MrLee

MrLee

ive not seen any of these (other than the 2004 remake of dawn) however ive seen multiple trailers on youtube for the day of the dead (original) and it looks f**king badass, i also saw trailers for land of the dead, that looks ok too, minus the whole "zombie can work out how to use guns" cheese.

i saw a bit of the night of the living dead 1990 remake, was enjoying it....till the link i was streaming it off, had no more to stream.

But yeah, oppinions on these, worth buying on DVD?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

they are all worth buying.
i like em all.

Cromartie

Cromartie

Thank you so much for making this thread!!

i am a total follower of the dead films!!

Ps. Day of the Dead is probably one of the most realistic zombie movie ever!!

fluxcap

fluxcap

These films are great, I even liked the Dawn remake. Avoid the Day of the Dead remake as if its the plague, word is the movie is complete trash. Shaun of the Dead is worth a look if you like Romero's zombie flicks.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Only the first one makes zombies believable, after that the zombies just look knid of stupid and i don't know if i should take the movies seriously or if i should find them funny.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Eh I'm a huge Dead fan but, ignore the night of the dead remake and Dawn of the dead remake(sry fluxcap). Dawn of the dead the remake was a failure simply because it was confusing and changed Romero's legacy too much. The rate at which each human turned into a zombie was changed, zombies somehow could run, and the movie was lacking pretty much any actual zombies eating people. The original dawn of the dead is the best of the series, and Shaun of the Dead is an excellent comedy spinoff ;)

Cromartie

Cromartie

yes exactly how can a necrotizing corpse run with rigor mortis?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Wait a minute.

How could a corpse move at all with rigor mortis?  Thats overanalyzation to the upteenth degree if you start worrying about the credibility of zombies movie.  Their very existance defies the law of nature.

I liked the original NOTLD and the Dawn remake.  I thought the rest were only okay.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I stand by the Dawn remake simply cause its entertaining as f*ck. The whole social commentary on consumer culture at the time in Romero's classic is eviscerated from the story, but if you want a movie were zombie's just get pwnd by people with big guns, you can walk away from the film happy.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Ehh the dawn remake is completely unlike Romeros in nearly everyway. The original was not just made as a zombie creature feature but, to speak out against drugs, abortion, and racisim. The remake was just a typical american film "blow sh**t up explodez zee zombies, splatter organs and bloodzee everywhere". The dead films had meaning, the one thing the remake lacked.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The problem with satire is that its always hit or miss.  Some people like that a zombie movie masquerades as a piece poking fun at american society.  Others think its a waste of time.  Why watch a zombie satire when you can turn on the interweb and see the same information displayed on the front page?

I can understand not liking the dead series.  After the first movie which actually felt like a horror movie with shades of a societal message, the rest felt like societal movies with shades of horror.  I don't think if you make a satire it should actually detract from the movie itself.  I feel that the sequels did that.  Your looking for what Romero is making fun of, instead of the film as a zombie movie.

Thus unless the message is somewhat hidden in the story, I don't like satiric pieces.  Thus I do not like the rest of the dead series after the original.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Good points, despite the dead series's polititical areas they're still some of the best apacolyptic "what would happen if?" zombie movies of all time.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Just my opinion.

I do like Romero's choice of lead characters though.  He gave black men and females to play major parts in his movies at a time when it wasn't the norm.

I respect his work, I just can't say that I love it.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

If I had to choose the 2nd weakest in the series I'd choose Land of the Dead. Despite it's almost "mad max" feel it's just decent not spectacular like I expected it to be.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I liked the cosmetic features for the zombies at least.  They actually looked like zombies, and not people with painted grey faces like in dawn.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed