Design and Typography in Alien

Started by Bughunter S. Thomson, Jun 26, 2016, 09:48:47 PM

Author
Design and Typography in Alien (Read 1,618 times)

Bughunter S. Thomson

This won't be to the tastes of most but here is a semi-interesting look at the Typography of Alien.

https://typesetinthefuture.com/2014/12/01/alien/

Local Trouble

When I was a kid, I always wondered why the Nostromo had the Purina logo all over the place.

SiL

SiL

Because Ron Cobb was joking that the crew was Alien chow. For reals.

whiterabbit

Oh and all this time I thought it was just emergency cat food dispensers. Although... maybe Purina is the true conspirators in the alien universe? The alien seemed uneasy around the cat. Maybe Aliens make the perfect cat food?

Jango1201

Jango1201

mind=Blown

Mr. Clemens

I always felt that Purina joke from Cobb was a wee bit too on-the-nose. I remember my brother saying, "Haha! Purina dog chow!" And me saying, "shut UP! You're killing the mood!"  :D

Bughunter S. Thomson

Purina isn't a company that's well known in the uk... We never got a mention of the brand to the point where the logo is that familair. Only in about the last ten years on british tv has there been an advert for Bonio, a known brand to us, and at the end of it, it cuts to white with the red logo and a little jingle with the words 'A Product Of The Purina Family'. I thought the logo appeared in Alien first. Like seeing the triforce in legend of zelda and then seeing the same shape in hieroglyphs thousands of years old.
Same with Unilever. All these cleaning products I use are made by the same folk. They've only told us in the uk in the last 5 years or so. And Asda have slowly introduced 'Part of the Walmart family' on their shopping bags. Then you've got PepsiCo....

And eventually you get Weyland Yutani. Wake up sheepz.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed