Sound Design: AFTE is it that bad?

Started by acrediblesource, Aug 09, 2021, 07:12:45 PM

Author
Sound Design: AFTE is it that bad? (Read 3,451 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Guys who have played the game, is it that bad?
When a lurker runs at you, do you actually here it?
I was actually looking into this because it is the one thing you hear before anything else, does the xenos have audible footsteps?
Do they have any weight to them as they go by?

I was recalling my time spent on Alien Isolation and that was ALL THAT YOU HEARD in the game. The one thing you needed to anticipate was the alien's footsteps.

In the videos of AFTE, i really didn't here anything at all. I really didn't feel like the xenos weighed any more than the weigh of a little dog if not a cat. That was VERY CONCERNING. Even xenos falling to the ground made no noise whatsoever. The soundtrack basically took over and if other games could be used as reference people are going to turn the music soundtrack  as low as f**king  possible to increase the intensity of the sfx.

I undestand that it was an ALpha Build, but there was MUCH to be desired in terms of polish. What ELSE could they focus their resources on except for these things? MARKETING? I'm on Cold Iron's Twitter and all they keep pushing are these video 2d/3d montages that look like student work.
Do they literally have work being done as we speak? and if so, are they promising anything or is this yet another gamble?

Its like ACM all over again.

Attack.no1

Most videos I have seen people have been talking over the gameplay.

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about they know how important the sounds are to this universe.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Attack.no1 on Aug 09, 2021, 08:04:46 PM
Most videos I have seen people have been talking over the gameplay.

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about they know how important the sounds are to this universe.

PC GAMER has a 20 minute non-commentary video. View it and be concerned. Got a subwoofer? Turn it up! Now unless we got a strange 7.1 mix with only the rear speakers then maybe there is hope.

https://youtu.be/eehPYgkBUKc?t=685

I have the video cued up. You can here yourself running no problem. You can't here xenos coming to the ground. You can here the motion tracker beeping loud as anything else. but no walking sounds whatsoever.

PAS Spinelli

Sound design is great, footsteps could be a bit louder, but it's really good imo

acrediblesource

Sometimes these little things can be a blessing and a curse. Should i be saying "who needs it?" and half of you will be shaking your heads or face palming.

PAS Spinelli

Runners not making movement sounds is far imo, so is Drone since it's meant to be a sneaky enemy

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 10, 2021, 01:14:06 AM
Runners not making movement sounds is far imo, so is Drone since it's meant to be a sneaky enemy
oh why not put the whole shit on mute and not give a damn!

https://youtu.be/wBgSV3x5zxE?t=38
Put it on mute.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 10, 2021, 01:34:19 AM

Put it on mute.
When on the Dragon's POV I don't hear no steps so...  :P

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I dont believe you! 100 + views of this post and not single shit of a member bothers to give a f**k?
Need  i remind you?

https://youtu.be/zlnL-tk2Fk8?t=23

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 10, 2021, 02:10:21 AM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 10, 2021, 01:34:19 AM

Put it on mute.
When on the Dragon's POV I don't hear no steps so...  :P

PAS Spinelli

Dragon's POV meant from the Aliens view :laugh:

acrediblesource

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 10, 2021, 02:44:06 AM
Dragon's POV meant from the Aliens view :laugh:
iknow, Nobody replying except you.....and its 2 weeks to release.

Im just waiting for Lt. I Know or Lt. I don't Want to know, or Lt. I know but i dont want to reply....to reply.

PAS Spinelli

Yeah I'm just goofing for the moment, but I do think it's not that big of a deal, but if you want, I can notify the devs in their feedback section on their discord, they take alot of the things said there to heart

Kradan

Kradan

OMG,  is it gonna be another "Aliens are HUGE" argument.?  ::)

Drukathi

Drukathi

tbh, I never much liked these aspects of Alien: Isolation's xenomorph. He stomps like an elephant (this is why he called Stompy?!) and he screams like a hysterical pig.

AI is a masterpiece and Stompy is a deathmachine how any alien must be. But sounds execution was a way off from ideal. In this regard, Stomy is more like AR alienosaur, no the classic one.

Alien should be quiet and inconspicuous. You should not know about his presence until he attacks.

Kradan

Kradan

On one hand, I agree

On another, I thankful they added these noises 'cause I would've had heart attacks from a completely silent Xenomorph

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed