The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,965 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Well it was a pretty strong start to season three. Suffice it to say, I loved it. I was glad to see Davos again, as well as Stannis. Tywin is a f**king prick. Gonna be fun to see where this all goes.

And dat ending!

Spoiler
Barristan Selmy  ;D
[close]

m41guy

m41guy

It WAS!!

Can't wait for next week!

Spoiler
Should get to see Sam the Slayer next episode.  Maybe that's how they will end it. 
I was surprised that Barristan Selmy was just put out there like that.  I was hoping to see Belwas the Strong with him first...though as soon as I saw the cloaked figure, I knew it had to be him.
[close]

ETA:

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot! 

Did anyone else try reading the letter that Tywin was writing....I wonder who that was to
Spoiler
Roose Bolton maybe?
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Just finished the episode. This season's off to a great start, so far. Can't wait to see what's to come.

That last scene left me fist-pumping.

Shasvre

Shasvre

An excellent start to this new season. I was hoping to see Sam the Slayer in this episode, but I suppose that can wait. Daenerys in Slaver Bay was great. And I'm glad they waited to catch up with some of the characters (such as Arya), avoiding the rushed feeling of last year's season opening.

My only complaint would be that I don't think Ciarán Hinds is the right actor for Mance Ryder at all.

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 01, 2013, 02:03:58 AMAnd dat ending!

Spoiler
Barristan Selmy  ;D
[close]
Quote from: m41guy on Apr 01, 2013, 03:20:27 AM
Spoiler
  I was surprised that Barristan Selmy was just put out there like that.  I was hoping to see Belwas the Strong with him first...though as soon as I saw the cloaked figure, I knew it had to be him.
[close]
Spoiler
Aye, nice to see him back. I really hope we can get some display of his incredible skills later on this season. :)

It would be a mistake for him to go by another name in the show, since the audience would recognize him right away, even if Dany doesn't.
[close]

Also...

Spoiler
How f**king awesome was the giant? 8)
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s01ly_pb6n8#ws

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 01, 2013, 06:36:45 AM
My only complaint would be that I don't think Ciarán Hinds is the right actor for Mance Ryder at all.

I thought that when I first heard the casting, but now that I've seen him, I think he's great.

'Course, he hasn't done much yet. Bit too early to judge, one way or the other.

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 01, 2013, 06:36:45 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 01, 2013, 02:03:58 AMAnd dat ending!

Spoiler
Barristan Selmy  ;D
[close]
Quote from: m41guy on Apr 01, 2013, 03:20:27 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Aye, nice to see him back. I really hope we can get some display of his incredible skills later on this season. :)

It would be a mistake for him to go by another name in the show, since the audience would recognize him right away, even if Dany doesn't.
[close]

Spoiler
We just better still get Belwas.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 01, 2013, 06:39:14 AMI thought that when I first heard the casting, but now that I've seen him, I think he's great.

'Course, he hasn't done much yet. Bit too early to judge, one way or the other.

He isn't a terrible actor or anything. I just pictured someone like Henry Ian Cusick in the role and what we got was far from that. But I suppose I will get used to it.

By the way, does anyone have any idea what happened to Greatjon Umber? He hasn't been around since Season 1, has he? Seems like the only northern lords we see are Bolton and Karstark. :-\

Samayel

Samayel

Clive Mantle had part of his ear bitten off in Newcastle a few days ago.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: Samayel on Apr 01, 2013, 10:50:54 AM
Clive Mantle had part of his ear bitten off in Newcastle a few days ago.

I heard about that. He loses his fingers in the show and then loses his ear in real life. LOL

P.S. You'll probably want to change your avatar there. There is only one quint here.

m41guy

m41guy

Spoiler
the Giant was awesome, I can't wait for the battle at the Wall! Hopefully we get to see some mammoths too.
[close]

Looks like the rest of the Tyrell Family will be showing up next week, or at least the Queen of Thorns, I hope she still has Left and Right, :laugh: .

Shasvre

Shasvre

The season 3 premiere is the most watched episode so far.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/01/game-of-thrones-premiere-ratings-3/

Game of Thrones have been renewed for a fourth season.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/hbos-game-of-thrones-renewed-for-fourth-season/

Effectz

Effectz

Excellent news,loved the new episode of season three.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 01, 2013, 06:42:20 AM
By the way, does anyone have any idea what happened to Greatjon Umber? He hasn't been around since Season 1, has he? Seems like the only northern lords we see are Bolton and Karstark. :-\
Scheduling conflict for season 2, and wasn't asked back for season 3. Read it at WiC a while ago.

m41guy

m41guy

REALLY?!  :-[

Book spoiler
Spoiler
That sucks, I was looking forward to seeing the Greatjon in the RW....and drinking the Freys under the table beforehand.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Watched this over the weekend with some friends... mind you, I'd had a few, so I'll be watching this again. Either way, awesome start to the season. Seeing Ser Barristan again made me cheer! Loved him in Season 1.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Dayum, dayum, DAYUM!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed