The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,911 times)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Eva on Jan 25, 2013, 02:02:38 PM
Quote from: Gates on Jan 24, 2013, 11:41:58 PM
I've always liked Purefoy (Solomon Kane is crazy underrated), but his reasoning is friggen retarded...

Yep. Rome had some things going for it, but it dried out story wise when Ceasar (Cieran Hinds) was assassinated. GOT is playing on a much larger canvas - we are 2 seasons in and it feels like the fireworks is only just now about to begin.

My dilemma is whether I should continue with book 3 now that Season 3 will air in 2 months.

I loved Rome's first season...the second was rushed because (if memory serves) they already knew they were canceled so they just wrapped up all the arcs in horrible fashion...I'm a huge history buff (specifically military history), and I feel there was plenty for them to mine...particularly, Marc Anthony and Cleopatra, and the rise of Octavian Augustus (and the Second Triumviarte); all of which I was really looking forward to...too bad it all went to hell...

And you're worried about reading book 3..? I haven't even finished 2 yet..! lulz...

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 25, 2013, 04:29:29 PM
(Solomon Kane is crazy underrated)

...finally.

Another fan..? Sometimes I feel I'm the only one... 8)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Gates on Jan 25, 2013, 11:45:57 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jan 25, 2013, 02:02:38 PM
I've always liked Purefoy (Solomon Kane is crazy underrated), but his reasoning is friggen retarded...

Yep. Rome had some things going for it, but it dried out story wise when Ceasar (Cieran Hinds) was assassinated. GOT is playing on a much larger canvas - we are 2 seasons in and it feels like the fireworks is only just now about to begin.

My dilemma is whether I should continue with book 3 now that Season 3 will air in 2 months.

I loved Rome's first season...the second was rushed because (if memory serves) they already knew they were canceled so they just wrapped up all the arcs in horrible fashion...I'm a huge history buff (specifically military history), and I feel there was plenty for them to mine...particularly, Marc Anthony and Cleopatra, and the rise of Octavian Augustus (and the Second Triumviarte); all of which I was really looking forward to...too bad it all went to hell...

And you're worried about reading book 3..? I haven't even finished 2 yet..! lulz...

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 25, 2013, 04:29:29 PM
(Solomon Kane is crazy underrated)

...finally.

I was very sad when they cancelled Rome. And I agree the second season was very rushed and felt it was missing a lot. I heard they might make a movie but it seems that might have fallen through. Ray Stevenson mentioned that at comic con when he was being interviewed during the Punisher: Warzone press junket.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Gates on Jan 25, 2013, 11:45:57 PM

Whoa whoa whoa, lets not get overly cozy, Crooklyn.

Gates

Gates

Oh...right...

Spoiler

:-X

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Gates on Jan 28, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
Oh...right...

Spoiler

:-X

1st: I'd beat that chumps jaw off if he was ranting at me, just like any Bostonian would. We are made of sterner stuff - in particular then people from Crooklyn.

2nd: I don't have an accent really. I like to pronounce my Rs.

3rd: I do say wader... instead of water :(

4th:
Spoiler
Thats all I got :(
[close]

Gates

Gates

1. P-A: I heard that...only a real thug would rant on people across the friggen counrty...
    P-B: Nigga plz... ::)

2. You have been living away from home, sooo...

3. Don't feel bad, I say wadah, lulz...

Spoiler
Yeah, I'm done (enough derailing threads for one day)... :P
[close]

ace3g

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 31, 2013, 06:29:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Q8NCsj7Cs#ws

Spoiler
Cannot wait to see the Wall climbing scene! It's going to be awesome!
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 31, 2013, 06:29:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Q8NCsj7Cs#ws
Hey, it's the Jonas guy from The Thing. And he still have those crazy eyes. :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Oh, Rose...  :-*

ace3g

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

f**k, that voiceover was thematically perfect. ;D

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Is this on HuluPlus or Netflix? I don't have HBO and I really wanna watch the show.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Don't know about Hulu, but there's no HBO shows on Netflix.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed