No clear shot of Feral Predator unmasked face in the movie.

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 19, 2022, 06:00:47 AM

Author
No clear shot of Feral Predator unmasked face in the movie. (Read 4,251 times)

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

There has always been a clear shot of the unmasked predator faces in other movies, but this movie always cuts away quick instead of giving us a good look at his face. The BTS scenes with the unmasked predator face was cool, wonder why they wanted to cut away so quick and instead added CGI replacements.

frasermaxx

It needed a shot something like this where you can marvel at the artistry of the people involved bringing it to life.

Darkness

We did get a clear shot of him unmasked in the Taabe fight but yeah, I think the intention was to keep it as hidden as possible. I don't think any Predator design is going to compare to the original really but I get it, that it's a primitive Predator so it would look quite different.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 22, 2022, 03:04:52 PMWe did get a clear shot of him unmasked in the Taabe fight but yeah, I think the intention was to keep it as hidden as possible. I don't think any Predator design is going to compare to the original really but I get it, that it's a primitive Predator so it would look quite different.
A dynamic shot, not a second of rest in the reveal or the final confrontation really. During my commute today I realised that's my biggest issue with the film really.

nanison

The prey predator is too advanced, they didn't evolve in the 200 years till Predator in fact their technology got worse. The net weapon was a lot stronger, the cloaking device was a lot better, everything else seemed the same bar missing the plasma caster

nanison

Good otherwise we would have gotten that line "you're one ugly muthaf**ka"

happypred

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

Quote from: happypred on Aug 24, 2022, 01:56:30 PMhttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/v85x4Mkh0zo/hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCK4FEIIDSEfyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLD-fzvRq1Fo7sKbf681iNnEbrrgBw

I don't know if its just me but this shot was not frightening like the original. Its lacking the menacing look. He's looking more bird like almost like a Parrot with a beak in front, the eyes are just too high and wide apart. Had they used the practical head with just minor CGI would've been much better.

Prey is a good movie by it self, the predator didn't need a major redesign and justification that he's from a different hemisphere of the planet. The premise here is he needs to hunt don't matter where he comes from. Stan Winston already established a brilliant design template, I don't understand why filmmakers take things too far off in design that it ends up looking disproportionate. So many fans/artists have done such great concept art of what the predator design variations could be but it all goes under the radar.

SiL

The wide set eyes make him look more like, we'll, prey than predator.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

This film proved to me no matter the circumstances or mandate ADI just can not or will not do a classic Predator, Scar looked off, Wolf looked off, the Fugitive looked off, and this despite being even more far removed also looks completely off. 

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 25, 2022, 11:46:16 AMThis film proved to me no matter the circumstances or mandate ADI just can not or will not do a classic Predator, Scar looked off, Wolf looked off, the Fugitive looked off, and this despite being even more far removed also looks completely off. 
The beauty of the Stan Winston classic Predator design is that everything just tied in together so well and so balanced and proportionate, nothing was off and felt like a living creature. It didn't also have that bobble head effect either that other designs soon followed after. It baffles me that they pulled this off way back in the 80's on a tight schedule and with so much advancement in servo motors etc. now they can't replicate that same magic.

happypred

Miss the days when Dark Horse gave us predators like they were straight from the original movie

I'm curious if Marvel will try to draw a Feral predator

Corporal Hicks

Unfortunately, probably. The expanded universe tends to stick to the current look.

happypred

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed