Alien Universe Website

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 06:42:45 AM

Author
Alien Universe Website (Read 37,764 times)

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: DorkiDori on Jan 27, 2017, 04:33:17 PM
i think theyve started adding to the database because i tried "permission to terminate xenomoprh" back when the first went live and it didnt work.
I hope you are right. It would be a serious shame for them to go to the trouble of creating this site if they didn't even bother to update it.

Enoch

Enoch

Oho... definitely updated.

I see some interesting clues regarding the difference of Engineers and original Space Jockey.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: robbritton on Dec 26, 2016, 06:01:05 PM
I can't work it on my phone. Has anyone tried Atmosphere Processor, Gateway or Terraformer?

Only Acheron comes up

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 27, 2017, 06:51:14 PM

I see some interesting clues regarding the difference of Engineers and original Space Jockey.
What do you mean? I put in "Space Jockey" and it said the same thing it did when the site first launched.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 30, 2017, 04:20:07 AM
Quote from: Enoch on Jan 27, 2017, 06:51:14 PM

What do you mean? I put in "Space Jockey" and it said the same thing it did when the site first launched.

second that emotion. what you mean? what clues?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Talk to us, Enoch. Are these things moving? Cause I got the same movement all over the place.

What boggles the mind is how can mu\th\ur know about the engineer drinking the goo before mankind even existed. It's madness I tell you. :P

Just noticed that racist terms get certain characters. I'm seriously starting to wonder about this things algorithm.  :laugh:

fiveways

fiveways

When before this was it announced that LV-223 and LV-426 were moons orbiting the same planet?  Last I read everyone thought they weren't in the same section of space (this was just after Prometheus was released).  What beyond this website confirmed that?

EDIT:  Oh, was it confirmed in the f**king Comic?  Ugh.  UGH. 

EDIT:  Or was it.  I am confused,  are the modern comics canon or not?  Mostly I am just wondering when this was 100% confirmed before this site showed up.  I always thought it was speculation that LV-223 and LV-426 were next to each other.  More importantly, doesn't that confirm that the derelict isn't there during Prometheus's time as they would have picked up the warning/distress signal from LV-426 upon approach to the solar system?

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i remember some pictures passing by that the planet lv-223 is a moon orbiting a gigantic saturnus-like planet, and moon lv-426 is orbiting a exactly similar gigantic planet, which theorizes it's in the same system and orbiting the same planet, actually. i never liked that or thought much of that, but it became general consensus somehow.

and i dont concider comics canon, ever. the movies are canon, they came first. the rest is fanboyism, even if its 'official comics'.

SM

SM

QuoteWhen before this was it announced that LV-223 and LV-426 were moons orbiting the same planet?

On the Blu-ray.

Yes the current comics are canon - but they take their lead from Fox who dictated 426 and 223 both orbit the same ringed gas giant.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2017, 09:09:56 AM
QuoteWhen before this was it announced that LV-223 and LV-426 were moons orbiting the same planet?

On the Blu-ray.

Yes the current comics are canon - but they take their lead from Fox who dictated 426 and 223 both orbit the same ringed gas giant.

Yeah I figured that out last night went i did a lot more digging.  I really need to pick up that blu-ray. 
Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 31, 2017, 08:31:40 AM
i remember some pictures passing by that the planet lv-223 is a moon orbiting a gigantic saturnus-like planet, and moon lv-426 is orbiting a exactly similar gigantic planet, which theorizes it's in the same system and orbiting the same planet, actually. i never liked that or thought much of that, but it became general consensus somehow.

and i dont concider comics canon, ever. the movies are canon, they came first. the rest is fanboyism, even if its 'official comics'.

When the first stills came out that LV-223 was orbiting a saturn-like planet i thought i was gonna be a neighbour of LV-426.  Then Ridley in press came out and openly said they aren't in the same solar system.  Then went back on it during the Blu-Ray.  Which opens up a lot of other interesting plot holes.  They were probably best just leaving that entire mess alone.  Still, there are interesting scripting ideas that could come from it.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

yes, i vividly remember ridleys words and therefore i indeed assumed it was not the same system. i also remember there was much confusion regarding whether LV-223 and LV-426 were actually the same planet or not.

i also vividly remember ridley jumping up and down that this was not an 'alien' prequel. oh boy.

SM

SM

While it's set in the same universe before the events of Alien, it's not a prequel in the sense that it leads into Alien.

CainsSon

CainsSon

You guys. We can see the Gas Giant, Calapamos in Prometheus. That planet is in the film.

426Buddy

426Buddy

They look a bit different, I don't know much about astronomy and gas giants but would there be an explanation for the color difference?

edit*-ahhh maybe sunlight is the difference lol

Pvt. Himmel

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed