Recent posts

AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by Samhain13 - Today at 06:39:00 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 13, 2024, 06:37:58 PMSame thing until the RPG made the distinction and even then, bar room canon, camp fire tales.

Also cold forge huggers were meant to be the "normal" ones and still injected instantly.

So my comment still stands.
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 13, 2024, 06:14:00 PM"52:39"

Bishop says.

"Surgically removed before embryo implantation."

Facehuggers die after what they do, the reason why those two huggers are still alive in those tubes is because they were removed before implantation can happen. So its previously established they don't instantly inject stuff.....

However....Cold forge and covenant have it that the black goo is injected instantly......

Sounds like a contradiction to me.

Kane's xray?

I blame Ridley for this, guy just doesnt give a shit and dick slaps any canon on his way into extinction.

They needed another alien on the movie, easier to just add the insta implantation crap. So since people wanted to fit in with his retcon they tried to follow on it.
Ser Riddles out hobnobbing with the King of the United Kingdom today:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/king-ridley-scott-london-camilla-st-pauls-cathedral-b1157956.html

QuoteSir Ridley, who has directed Hollywood blockbusters including Gladiator and Alien, said he was "incredibly honoured" to have been invited.

When asked if Charles was a fan of his films, he said: "No idea. But they've to watch something at night don't they?"
Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by Master Chief - Today at 04:12:28 PM
Was able to buy this before it was sold out.

General Film/TV Discussion / Never Let Go
Last post by ace3g - Today at 04:05:23 PM
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: Neila on Today at 06:15:30 AMI wasn't completely up to date on the matter.
I thought all along that you could pre-order it for the prices listed if you wanted to be mentioned in the credits, etc.

I assumed that at some point it would be available for everyone to purchase without being credited and at a normal price.
That's how their other documentaries played out, I know because I own several.

According to the CEO that's not the case with this one. Unless he's a liar preying on false FOMO, of course.
Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 02:48:00 PM
I'm not familiar with this cartoon. I enjoyed your review of it. I will see if I can get it from the library.

When you mentioned the art on the back of the box. It made me smile. :) I always appreciate clever.

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 02:24:36 PM

OK, so I've watched this trailer a few times over now. I will say, what we are seeing does look better than I expected it to, given all of the production trouble this thing had (and the fact that Denis Villeneuve was pretty explicitly distancing himself and his films from this series during Part Two's marketing; there was a time VERY early on in production when Jon Spaihts was going to be showrunner of this and Denis was going to direct the pilot, but that obviously changed big time), but it also feels really weird to see what's clearly a riff on Denis' style/aesthetic kind of squashed down for television and interpreted by other people. That being said, I do like the various locales we're seeing (I wonder if the show is ever even gonna go to Arrakis?), the wedding looks cool, and there's some interesting architecture. The Bene Gesserit in general are fascinating and the point in the timeline here puts it pretty much right after the Butlerian Jihad, so the early days of the "modern" universe, post-Butlerian Jihad, as everything becomes what it will stagnate into for the next 10,000 years could be neat to explore.

I really hope this dares to be at least a fraction as weird/interesting as Raised By Wolves was, since it seems like that show was more or less killed off so they could make room for the "brand name" space opera series that we're getting here.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1790741423148372288
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed