Author
Another New Picture (Read 59,422 times)

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Yes, was mentioned.

AnthonyWC70788

AnthonyWC70788

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 15, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already (haven't read through the entire thread)...but does anyone else think there might be another Space Jockey statue/figure along the right side of the corridor, behind Noomi (look above her head):

Yeah it was mentioned buddy. But the way you lightened it or whatever it looks creepy as hell now lol. Almost looks like there is a ghost face behind her lol... Anthony

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I didn't see that originally, that's creepy!

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

So what we have is 1. expectation....for years many fans have 'expected' that the Space Jockeys are actually creatures. 2. Ridley returns and does something unexpected...the SJs are actually humanoid. I like the second option because I don't want what I've always expected, I want something hat turns expectations on their heads a bit so that when I'm returned to a familiar world it won't be a series of 'oh, yeah, I thought so' as opposed to a 'omg, what the fu€k is going on?'

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm almost glad that what we saw in Alien wasn't just a decayed skeleton of something that looked like an elephant... Thinking about it, how would flesh decay on a planet presumably without microorganisms? It would have been perfectly preserved, if maybe a little dusty.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Epic boot fail.

So take one amazing Giger design slap some human legs on it, downsize the whole thing, and wear it as a suit. Nice.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Shame they didn't took the time to make the legs/boots more giger like. My biggest concern with the spacejockey where the legs tbh. You've never seen them before so it could've gone a lot of ways.

orchidal

orchidal

Yeah. I really want something more gigeresque, out of the ordinary, and alien rather than this. I was hoping for lovecraft in concept, giger in design. What I'm seeing here is (to give a macross reference) something I can only describe as zentrandi.
I'm still down for whatever for entertainments sakes, though.

hardcorps54

hardcorps54

to be fair , giger isnt known for his excellent foot drawings , the original alien's feet were pretty normal except for maybe some poor grooming in the toe nail department.

orchidal

orchidal

Not to bring this into a giger debate but the artist has many "foot drawings" where womens high heels are fused to the foot in biomechanical fashion. I'm fine with the suits design in this case, its just doesn't wow me or send my imagonation spiraling like I think it could have.

hardcorps54

hardcorps54

Quote from: orchidal on Jan 16, 2012, 12:13:09 AM
Not to bring this into a giger debate but the artist has many "foot drawings" where womens high heels are fused to the foot in biomechanical fashion. I'm fine with the suits design in this case, its just doesn't wow me or send my imagonation spiraling like I think it could have.

i totally agree with the giger comment but you dont see the design and instanly think , hmmm dont like those shoes (well thats what i thought) also i dont think the jockey would look good in heels !

Kol

Kol

Quote from: dembones on Jan 15, 2012, 09:02:37 AM

who ever did this, knows now that he is very close! even the boots fit!  :o

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Quote from: AnthonyWC70788 on Jan 15, 2012, 09:34:39 PM
I think the picture looks great. And like I said once before in another post, these are statues and nothing else. Like guards you would see at an ancient Roman type atmosphere. The pictures look great.

Well, you "think" they are statues.

As far as the size difference, that is just a small thing to be honest. In the original Alien, they used children to potray the astronauts, in the open view of the room, to make the room and everything look bigger, to give that perspective as awe. Then when in close up it was adults, and the head and SJ indeed looked way closer in size to the humans. Lighten up people, they are larger than us no matter what, I would say at least 8 foot tall or so.

That's all well and good but you don't actually know what the SJs are. There may be more than one type.

And as to why so many people are aggravated about it being a suit and underneath it is humanoid. I am with some others that have posted in this topic. I think the idea is great. Think of it like this, you are trying to bring in more fans, to sell tickets, and keep the story going with hopefully future movies or such, and to keep people talking. You think that would have been very interesting with some creature walking around that doesnt resemble us even slightly and cant speak English and that whole thing. And to top it off you are tying it in with the Ancient Astronaut theory. We were created in gods image. Take it how you want it, but most people read that statement in that we were made to look like god. And they are trying to entertain as many people as possible to keep this going.

Just because it lloks like a suit does not mean that it is a suit.

Plus people, this is all fiction, fake, make believe, not real, for heavens sake it is a damn movie. Hopefully a pretty good one. That is why they call is Science FICTION lol. At no time did they say it was based on a true story or true events. It is being made to entertain, hence entertainment. If you dont like how it is going, dont go see it. From what I am seeing I am pretty sure there will be plenty of other people to take your places. Not to mention, you can always throw your hats in the ring and could possibly make a sequel to this movie, because it seems like they always screw up the sequels when it comes to this universe lol... Anthony

Yes, it is a fantasy. A fantasy that we have only got a fraction of so far, there seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions and stating them as facts already.

r888

r888

I hope we get something like this

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: r888 on Jan 16, 2012, 01:29:48 AM
I hope we get something like this

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z379/sarahsatire/Space_Jockey.jpg

lolz i hope not :-\ leave comic book stuff in the comics please. there are a few exeptions but mostly you have to keep the comic book stuff in the comics themselves. purely speaking for the alien/predator movies ofcourse

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed