Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 112,082 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 15, 2024, 12:00:05 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2024, 02:48:52 AMTristan's Aliens are too Stompy for me.

Regardless, his work is fantastic.

https://i.imgur.com/PLUWpVH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jAwmyII.jpg
Regarding Stompy, even if the design doesn't match Gigers original work, its still be best Alien design since the 3rd movie and better than anything seen in any other video game. There is a lot to appreciate about stompy's design.
Spoiler
I believe it is the single best design in this franchise, but I don't wanna start a flame war again so I'll just shut the f**k up about it.
[close]

SiL

SiL

There was no flame war. Nothing is so serious.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2024, 08:17:10 PMThere was no flame war. Nothing is so serious.
I hope you're right bubby. The only person taking it seriously is probably me. I said this over and over again, but I just take things so seriously

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2024, 03:38:25 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 15, 2024, 03:32:19 AMOn Romulus I can not wait to finally see an Alien being a threat after all this time and being the focus.

Even as far back as Resurrection they ended up taking a backseat to the Newborn by the end,
Spoiler
No, there's a new mutant big bad at the end.
[close]

I did not know this truthfully, but I anticipated something like it because of the title-
Spoiler
but I reckon in terms of visuals it will just be a new Alien design, considering all the history on it, an amalgamation of the successful others from the franchise history. (Particularly Alien/s/³)
[close]
If so I am not bothered, I still consider that, a proper regular Alien.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 15, 2024, 08:38:53 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 15, 2024, 03:32:19 AMOn Romulus I can not wait to finally see an Alien being a threat after all this time and being the focus.

Even as far back as Resurrection they ended up taking a backseat to the Newborn by the end,
Spoiler
[close]

I did not know this truthfully, but I anticipated something like it because of the title-
Spoiler
but I reckon in terms of visuals it will just be a new Alien design, considering all the history on it, an amalgamation of the successful others from the franchise history. (Particularly Alien/s/³)
[close]
Spoiler
It's a fleshy hybrid with a more human face, according to leaks.
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Oh great. I really should not have read that then.

Spoiler
Newborn 2.0
[close]

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 15, 2024, 08:48:46 PMOh great. I really should not have read that then.

Spoiler
Newborn 2.0
[close]
Spoiler
Maybe it'll be better than it sounds ...  :(
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2024, 09:01:14 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 15, 2024, 08:48:46 PMOh great. I really should not have read that then.

Spoiler
Newborn 2.0
[close]
Spoiler
Maybe it'll be better than it sounds ...  :(
[close]

Spoiler
Blue is huffing copium right now but made a good point I'm taking heart from - relating to the fact that only "face", not "eyes" have been mentioned. We've seen that somewhere before...
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Spoiler
It's like Fede is trying to combine all 4 films with the ultimate goal of doing AR justice lol.
[close]

Positive waves, crossing fingers my stupid story alarms are malfunctioning.

BigDaddyJohn

I have the bad habit of clicking on spoilers stuff and read the first words. I kinda wanna punch myself, but doing boxing for a decade I would probably regret that.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 15, 2024, 10:16:44 PMI have the bad habit of clicking on spoilers stuff and read the first words. I kinda wanna punch myself, but doing boxing for a decade I would probably regret that.
same but I've been doing better by trying to not clicking on it.

Cosmic Incubation

Thank you all for hiding your spoilers tho. Genuinely appreciate it.

Sometimes I get tempted to click lol, but I'm holding strong until the movie comes out

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 15, 2024, 10:59:35 PMThank you all for hiding your spoilers tho. Genuinely appreciate it.

Sometimes I get tempted to click lol, but I'm holding strong until the movie comes out
Continue to be strong, brother

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2024, 08:40:04 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 15, 2024, 08:38:53 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
It's a fleshy hybrid with a more human face, according to leaks.
[close]

They never learn..

DaveT937

DaveT937

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 15, 2024, 10:59:35 PMThank you all for hiding your spoilers tho. Genuinely appreciate it.

Amen to all of this. I think I have an idea on some of the broad strokes and set up, which I'm ok with as it's kind of impossible to avoid if you exist in fandom, but have managed to stay largely unspoiled on everything else.

I certainly won't be seeking out this Comic Com footage either if it's released on Alien Day. The backburster scene released on it in 2017 well and truly screwed Covenant's pooch / neomorph for me!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed