What bit of knowledge of Alien or Predator do you know…

Started by GreybackElder, Dec 28, 2022, 01:52:02 AM

Author
What bit of knowledge of Alien or Predator do you know… (Read 3,041 times)

Kradan

I actually knew that lol

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Dec 29, 2022, 05:13:03 PMThat the Alien prequels are just Ridley Scott using the Alien franchise to tell a pitch that was denied cuz they would only give him a budget if he made an Alien movie

Also the fact Ridley Scott was chosen to direct Alien, yet takes credit for everything in the movie, including the script and designs, so much so he even rips off art from Giger in his prequels.

The fact Scott blames the Alien for people not liking the prequels, instead of his own faults.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 29, 2022, 04:58:27 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 29, 2022, 04:22:10 PMThat you can see the jockeybuster from Alien fossilized in rock.

Wait, what ?

SM always had the picture, but there is a still photo of dallas and crew walking in front of a structure that had the fossilized jockey alien in it.  I used to think the dna reflex idea came from Alien 3 but it was actually Alien. 

I'm sure it is out there, the phrasing on google to not bring up the space jockey is the issue though. 

SiL

It's not visible in the film.

Kradan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 29, 2022, 11:04:04 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 29, 2022, 04:58:27 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 29, 2022, 04:22:10 PMThat you can see the jockeybuster from Alien fossilized in rock.

Wait, what ?

SM always had the picture, but there is a still photo of dallas and crew walking in front of a structure that had the fossilized jockey alien in it.  I used to think the dna reflex idea came from Alien 3 but it was actually Alien. 

I'm sure it is out there, the phrasing on google to not bring up the space jockey is the issue though. 

This is actually an amazing piece of trivia

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It might be because I haven't seen the picture in awhile but I would've bet money that the old picture used to have the three little headlights representing the crew showing in front of the jockey burster bust.

SiL

That's the image.

In the script that's where they find the jockey (well , walk past) as they didn't want to spend the money on the setpiece, but Scott, Shusette and OBannon fought for it.

Local Trouble

I don't see it. :-\

Kradan

SiL

Top right of the painted backdrop you can see a skull-like shape.

Whether that's actually the landscape skeleton or not is, I think, up for debate -- it was labelled as such in a trading card I think.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: GreybackElder on Dec 28, 2022, 01:52:02 AMThere's a popular saying that in any online community there is a specific bit of lore, that once learned about you are officially in too deep and you can no longer reverse the massive psychic damage you have inflicted onto yourself. In the Alien and Predator universe what is that tidbit of knowledge?

How the egg got on board the Sulaco.

Also: the last act of the original movie was pointless because the shuttle had a third cryotube all along.

SiL

Literally could've just got off the ship together at the same time SMH.

Local Trouble

If only they'd checked the blueprints.

Immortan Jonesy

...smoking is bad for health...also love this 👆😍

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed