Playing with real people can be more frustrating than bots sometimes

Started by synapticflow, Sep 05, 2021, 02:34:09 AM

Author
Playing with real people can be more frustrating than bots sometimes (Read 632 times)

synapticflow

I've had a reoccurring problem when I play with people.  They just take off and try to speed run the darn game.  They will run off and leave you in another room.
Does anyone else have this happen a lot?  On the day of launch and the day after, I played with some very cool and patient people.  But later on I kept getting into games with people that want to move as fast as possible.  Where's the fun in that?  I'll get in a game and the other two players just take off at full speed.  I haven't even completed the second mission yet.  I want to enjoy the newness of the game, not just go madly racing from point A to B.

I have come to enjoy playing with bots because I can take my time and explore every corner of the map locations.  Also the bots don't get in my way as much as people.  This helps me practice my aiming skills more.

I will say that to me it is utterly foolish that this game is lacking local co-op.  It would be wonderful to play with friends and family at home.  And with all of these darn connection issues, local co-op makes even more sense.  If you were playing with someone sitting right next to you you'd have the ability to take your time and not play a game of "chase the people that left you."

ClockworkHorror

Quote from: synapticflow on Sep 05, 2021, 02:34:09 AM
I've had a reoccurring problem when I play with people.  They just take off and try to speed run the darn game.  They will run off and leave you in another room.
Does anyone else have this happen a lot?  On the day of launch and the day after, I played with some very cool and patient people.  But later on I kept getting into games with people that want to move as fast as possible.  Where's the fun in that?  I'll get in a game and the other two players just take off at full speed.  I haven't even completed the second mission yet.  I want to enjoy the newness of the game, not just go madly racing from point A to B.

I have come to enjoy playing with bots because I can take my time and explore every corner of the map locations.  Also the bots don't get in my way as much as people.  This helps me practice my aiming skills more.

I will say that to me it is utterly foolish that this game is lacking local co-op.  It would be wonderful to play with friends and family at home.  And with all of these darn connection issues, local co-op makes even more sense.  If you were playing with someone sitting right next to you you'd have the ability to take your time and not play a game of "chase the people that left you."

The people out there make the experience less than amazing sometimes. Yeah, everyone seems to just rush towards the next objective. I've been left behind more than once while trying to rearm and heal up. On the PC it's pretty bad because of the lack of voice chat, so you can't even tell someone you want to slow down and enjoy the experience.
Even worse, when you get pounced on by something and your team mates are miles away.

The Discord server has helped find better players to play with. They have LFG threads for the different platforms, where you can put in what you're looking for, and avoid the riff-raff.
Alpha and Beta are pretty good for Casual and Standard, but when you get to Intense and above they start doing stupid things like walking through a stream of bullets that you're pouring out at charging runners. Unfortunately, that makes them less than ideal at that point - but human players even moreso.

Protomorph

I only play alone anyway as I don't enjoy online multiplayer generally. I really don't mind the bots I find them good to work alongside. I do play this on casual though as i'm not someone who plays games that much.

I've seen reviews and comments on social media saying the game really needs to be played with other people. I just don't agree with that, surely it's subjective and for me, it's the opposite.

I have really enjoyed this game for whats its worth and really appreciate the love thats been put into it. I hope we can get more levels in the future with hopefully some Neomorphs, fingers crossed.

Jonjamess

Quote from: Protomorph on Sep 06, 2021, 10:31:36 AM
I only play alone anyway as I don't enjoy online multiplayer generally. I really don't mind the bots I find them good to work alongside. I do play this on casual though as i'm not someone who plays games that much.

I've seen reviews and comments on social media saying the game really needs to be played with other people. I just don't agree with that, surely it's subjective and for me, it's the opposite.

I have really enjoyed this game for whats its worth and really appreciate the love thats been put into it. I hope we can get more levels in the future with hopefully some Neomorphs, fingers crossed.

The game DOES need to be played with other real people though. It doesn't matter whether you agree with that or not.

You will only get as far as casual and most of standard difficulty with bots. You wanna do the other difficulty modes the game has to offer you will need to play with real people.

Also horde mode, even on standard with bots, you can forget about even denting it.

Protomorph

Quote from: Jonjamess on Sep 06, 2021, 11:54:54 AM

The game DOES need to be played with other real people though. It doesn't matter whether you agree with that or not.

You will only get as far as casual and most of standard difficulty with bots. You wanna do the other difficulty modes the game has to offer you will need to play with real people.

Also horde mode, even on standard with bots, you can forget about even denting it.

It doesn't though, I don't think you've understood what I've typed. It's subjective, I don't want to play higher than standard as that's my personal limit for playing and enjoying the game.

Horde mode, I don't care for these kind of modes so that's no interest to me. Like I said subjective.

acrediblesource

I dont think people are disagreeing with you, its just that the reality is people enjoy these games by increasing the challenge. Granted,  the easiest difficulty level is the bare minimum of playbility.  game devs have sought to make this the bare minimum. By increasing the difficulty level....yadayada its a whole lot of semantics on game development.

Quote from: Protomorph on Sep 06, 2021, 07:59:50 PM
Quote from: Jonjamess on Sep 06, 2021, 11:54:54 AM

It doesn't though, I don't think you've understood what I've typed. It's subjective, I don't want to play higher than standard as that's my personal limit for playing and enjoying the game.

Horde mode, I don't care for these kind of modes so that's no interest to me. Like I said subjective.

synapticflow

So far I am playing only on standard with people and bots.  Either way I've never made it through a hole mission on the first try but I definitely see where people are much more of a help than the bots.  I just don't like the racing and being left behind.

The game is still lots of fun.  I just need to find the right people.  I've made a few PSN friends but it's very unpredictable for us to be online playing at the same time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed