Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 75,477 times)

Local Trouble

I think it's time to give up on David 3.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 17, 2020, 11:06:24 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 17, 2020, 10:43:49 PM
Prometheus is definitely the worst of the six Alien films

Nope

If it wasn't for that godawful editing, I would put it above Resurrection, but man... the editing is grating. Otherwise, despite the messy script, I find Prometheus to be very interesting conceptually (even though it goes against the grain of the original film) and it is a gorgeous looking film.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm not going to lie, I enjoy both the prequels.

I rate AC along side A3, prommy just ahead of AR.

I've learned to let go of my hate, and it turns out I'm entertained by all the films except AvPR and The Predator.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 17, 2020, 11:13:06 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 17, 2020, 11:06:24 PM
Prometheus is definitely the worst of the six Alien films

Nope

If it wasn't for that godawful editing, I would put it above Resurrection, but man... the editing is grating. Otherwise, despite the messy script, I find Prometheus to be very interesting conceptually (even though it goes against the grain of the original film) and it is a gorgeous looking film.

Maybe its just my poor taste but I personally haven't seen many of Prometheus issues untill it was pointed for me by somebody else. Same goes for editing. Even if execution of that movie was flawed in many ways it at least treated its ideas and concepts more seriously and didn't try to be that over-the-top summer blockbuster dark comedy and I'm saying that as someone who genuinely enjoys Resurrection

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 17, 2020, 11:11:43 PM
I think it's time to give up on David 3.

I'll wait a bit more. if you don't mind

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 17, 2020, 11:17:19 PM
I rate AC along side A3, prommy just ahead of AR.

Yep

ChopperXGill

ChopperXGill

Remember those images could also be for promotion & alternate covers. Sometimes marvel has alternate covers with images that don't relate to the story. I remember one cover had wolverine as venom during a past Venom #1 launch. It wasn't in the issue or the story but it just brings more attention to the comics by using the popular marvel characters.

Nukiemorph

*hand-waves Local Trouble away and continues to wait under Ridley's butt with mouth wide open*

Kimarhi

I've learned to grade films on how much I actually watch them.

First three Alien films, a quadrillion times.

Alien Res, maybe thirty total.

The rest, a handful.

Despite feeling that Covenant is probably better than Alien res and anything before it up until Alien 3.............there has to be something wrong with it if I've only watched it twice right?

I've said this for a long time.  The more answers you answer in a universe, the more mystique you kill, and the smaller and more closed off your universe has become. 

David creating the Aliens killed decades worth of conversation with revealing it was some malfunctioning robot.  Same with revealing the SJ identity, etc.

You don't need to answer EVERY question in a universe.  SW has the same problem, but there is more going on in SW than in the Alienverse. 

I think my overall dislike of the new shit is simply the need to continually turn over an old stone.  Progress to something else.  Having some grand reveal before THE SERIES EVEN STARTS is just f**king stupid.

If Marvel tries to at least tell a serial story about something that has no relation to Ripley, the Nostromo, Hadley's Hope, Acheron, etc I'll consider it a win. 

lightsyder

I think I saw some where (maybe Twitter?) that Hunters 3 and the Alien screenplay adaptation are coming as trades only and the Predator screenplay isn't happening at all.  Didn't see anything about the AvP series though.  Any rumors on release dates I may have missed?  Just read Hunters 1 and 2 so I'm very anxious to read the 3rd one

Nevermind!  Just saw the thread specifically for that topic!  My mistake

Voodoo Magic

Prometheus is definitely the worst of the six Alien films, but Covenant, in my opinion of course, is almost up there with Aliens and Alien 3 and I'd be very upset to not see it followed up on by Riddlez himself.

Me thinks this is a tough pill to swallow!  :)

Kradan

Quote from: David's Creation on Jul 18, 2020, 12:49:25 AM
*hand-waves Local Trouble away and continues to wait under Ridley's butt with mouth wide open*

:-\

Drukathi

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 17, 2020, 11:13:06 PM
Otherwise, despite the messy script, I find Prometheus to be very interesting conceptually (even though it goes against the grain of the original film) and it is a gorgeous looking film.

Agree. I've always wondered how xeno would look in the style and "light" palette of Prometheus. Something like Deacon, but with a xeno shape? I think a blue palette would be a very interesting solution.

EJA

No original Predator screenplay adaptation? That's terrible news....

Voodoo Magic

426Buddy

Not as excited as the guy in the podcast (sorry i'm terrible with names and it's been 24 hours since I listened.).

One thing that sucks is that Marvel doesn't have a relationship with TJones, so I think we all need to start sending messages to Marvel that we want to see more work from him in these franchises. Maybe there is a small chance it could help?

Good podcast fellas, even though this is a bitter pill to swallow. I hope Marvel will start strong right out of the gate and show fans they get it.

Kailem

It's a good point you guys made about Marvel being able to potentially shine a much bigger light on their new Alien and Predator comics than Dark Horse were often able to with theirs as far as marketing and publicity goes, and the potential resources they could put behind them as an industry juggernaut. I could totally see Jonathan Hickman on an Alien title, though I'd imagine he's way too busy with X-Men at the moment to take time off to do something that, no matter what the quality of the finished product turns out to be, is always going to be a side thing at Marvel rather than their focus.

But either way, the possibilities are exciting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed