Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 967,990 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Ah that sucks! I am pretty sure its not working with the retail version. Reb did some enhancements over the Steam version.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Red Dead Redemption - Multiplayer

Undead Overrun is way better than CoD's Zombie mode.

Made it to wave 26 in Tumbleweed then when time ran out for the round we went into sudden death mode and all 4 of us were using whatever ammunition have left on the roof tops, chilling on the roofs just like in the movie Tremors. When we ran out of all ammo from our revolvers, shotguns and rifles, we jumped and went out in style by attacking the zombie hordes with are torches, one went out with a TNT bang.

"You may have died, but you died heroes".

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Had a marathon-session last night. Goddamn, I love this game so much. Can't believe I've never played it before. The characters are amazing, the story is compelling, the scenery is beautiful, the gameplay is fun as hell.

Biggest complaint I'd have is the morality is almost comically black and white.

One of the greatest games ever made. Hands-down.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I would love to see a new KOTOR game instead of new Battlefront  :'(

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Aye, that would be good. Though, I suppose TOR sorta fills that role.

Might try that out sometime, now that it's free-to-play. Heard very good things.

But a KotOR would be best.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I had a hard time with the combat system in Kotor. Never finished it, TBH.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 01, 2013, 11:45:59 AM
Ah that sucks! I am pretty sure its not working with the retail version. Reb did some enhancements over the Steam version.

Just found the AvP redux mod thanks to you (what a massive download holy cow), and I've also just installed Stalker - Complete mod and started a new game! Hows the Misery mod?? Stalker is just incredible.

WinterActual

WinterActual

As part of the Misery team I can't talk bad about it  :laugh: But if you like realistic and challenging experience you will love it. Almost everything is made in house - textures, sounds, models, etc. And the weapons' statistic and handling are sweet! Thats because we have team members who are former or active operatives from the US Marines, UK Special Forces and other elite branches from around the world so all feedback is based on real life experience with the weapon that you will find in the zone. Just try the mod man, but don't think you will make it out alive so easy  :laugh: Its nothing like the Complete mod because it overhauls the whole gameplay - economy, AI, A-Life, everything ;) Just check this list out http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/features/features-version-20  :)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I loved everything they managed to pull of in Stalker, besides the grating '50 rounds to kill someone' if you don't headshot them and the god-awful weapon accuracy.

I understand it's trying to portray a sort of progression, that what you have in the beginning sucks, but I've fired weapons that were in terrible condition irl, and most of them shoot better than the shit we get with early Stalker weapons. Iron sights also seem less effective than hip-firing, which just baffles me.

Misery mod looks great. I love challenging games, survival aspects, all of it, but I want the mechanics to feel natural and not forced i.e. the terrible weapons. You should still be able to basically shoot straight, and hit someone in the damned head if you aim and they aren't even moving. It breaks the immersion in an otherwise fantastically immersive game.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel

Project X Zone

Far Cry 3

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: RagingDragon on Aug 01, 2013, 06:44:31 PM
I loved everything they managed to pull of in Stalker, besides the grating '50 rounds to kill someone' if you don't headshot them and the god-awful weapon accuracy.

I understand it's trying to portray a sort of progression, that what you have in the beginning sucks, but I've fired weapons that were in terrible condition irl, and most of them shoot better than the shit we get with early Stalker weapons. Iron sights also seem less effective than hip-firing, which just baffles me.

Misery mod looks great. I love challenging games, survival aspects, all of it, but I want the mechanics to feel natural and not forced i.e. the terrible weapons. You should still be able to basically shoot straight, and hit someone in the damned head if you aim and they aren't even moving. It breaks the immersion in an otherwise fantastically immersive game.
No, in Misery the weapons are deadly for the both sides. There was a discussion in the team about that actually. That the unique weapons had just a personal satisfaction when you find them, because basically in Misery every weapon is deadly. It doesn't matter if its an old AK found lying on the road or some unique sniper rifle - both of them will kill whatever gets in your way. The ammo have more important role this time. How deadly and effective is your weapon depends HIGHLY on your ammo type, while the weapon is just a launcher  :) Well, ofc there are better weapons but dmg wise every human can die easily from every weapon. Besides the guys with heavy and exoskeleton armor, but still their head is vulnerable  ;) But you will find out quickly that your problem are not the humans but the mutants. The human encounters are fairly easy because they are more realistic than the vanilla, but the mutants can be real pain in the ass.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 01, 2013, 05:39:31 PM
Aye, that would be good. Though, I suppose TOR sorta fills that role.

Might try that out sometime, now that it's free-to-play. Heard very good things.

But a KotOR would be best.

I need to jump back into that.

And Bioshock.

I just need to turn my XBox on more than once a month :-[

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2013, 07:25:49 PM
I need to jump back into that.

And Bioshock.

I just need to turn my XBox on more than once a month :-[

Same here. :( After joining the master race, my Box is only used so my wife can watch HBOGo. :laugh: I miss it sometimes...

Lie

Lie

Naruto NUNS3

1583 Matches Played; 1017 Wins, 566 Loses

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 01, 2013, 05:22:34 PM
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Had a marathon-session last night. Goddamn, I love this game so much. Can't believe I've never played it before. The characters are amazing, the story is compelling, the scenery is beautiful, the gameplay is fun as hell.

Biggest complaint I'd have is the morality is almost comically black and white.

One of the greatest games ever made. Hands-down.

KOTOR2's more mature writing and varied morality puts it a cut above for me, especially with the restored content mod. 1's Unknown Planet is beautiful though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed