What is your LEAST favorite controversial Alien or Predator creature?

Started by Voodoo Magic, Oct 19, 2018, 08:52:40 PM

There has been some controversial Aliens and Predators introduced in their respective cinematic universes over the years.  Which, below all, is your LEAST FAVORITE?

Newborn (Alien Resurrection)
11 (26.8%)
Neomorph (Alien Covenant)
5 (12.2%)
Predalien (AvP Requiem)
13 (31.7%)
Super Predator (Predators)
3 (7.3%)
Upgrade Predator (The Predator)
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
What is your LEAST favorite controversial Alien or Predator creature? (Read 6,209 times)

[cancerblack]

Tell you what, i'll watch another longplay. Close enough?

Monster Man

I'm a little mixed on the Super Predators, one-half their design looks pretty cool, not bad work, last half they never lived up to the 'Super' part of their name. They were killed in some of the dumbest ways, and never really felt impressive enough to begin with. Unless you count beating the crap out of some dude who has been malnourished for weeks anything to balk about.

That being said the Predalien was some missed potential.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Monster Man on Apr 14, 2019, 11:55:15 PM
I'm a little mixed on the Super Predators, one-half their design looks pretty cool, not bad work, last half they never lived up to the 'Super' part of their name. They were killed in some of the dumbest ways, and never really felt impressive enough to begin with. Unless you count beating the crap out of some dude who has been malnourished for weeks anything to balk about.

That's because the Super Predator concept was dropped before filming. As much as I do love Predators, I really wished they'd have only had the one Berserker and not 3 of them. Having the one go through being blown up and slashed up and making it to the end would have been more badass IMHO.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 15, 2019, 08:14:30 AM
Quote from: Monster Man on Apr 14, 2019, 11:55:15 PM

That's because the Super Predator concept was dropped before filming. As much as I do love Predators, I really wished they'd have only had the one Berserker and not 3 of them. Having the one go through being blown up and slashed up and making it to the end would have been more badass IMHO.

Indeed. Much agreed with this!

Samhain13

It would have solved some issues I had with the last half of the movie.

Russ

I liked the Super Predators - I thought they worked well and it was a surprise to see a different "tribe" vs the classic.

The upgradePredator was horrid, though - as someone said earlier, it really was just a "see, even badder than Super Predators AND classic Predator."

NewBorn runs upgrade close, though.

Drukathi

Newborn. AR is a very good film... before the appearance of jelly.

judge death

I hate the newborn with a passion so I vote on that, nothing else comes near its level of bad.

[cancerblack]

Voted SuperPreds (let the angry replies commence).

They're the least unnecessary out of all of the above, since the rest range from acceptable through to offensively stupid, while a clan of slightly larger Predators who are even bigger jerks makes total sense, but their design does absolutely nothing for me, while I can appreciate the others except Chet - but getting a Predalien right seems to be an issue for basically everyone, getting a trio of Predators right has been done a dozen times or more but the movie shits the bed in that regard.

The Old One

The Old One

The PredAlien's such trash. I hate it so much.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 16, 2019, 10:50:34 AM
The PredAlien's such trash. I hate it so much.

Good. Good.

It only makes the Predalien stronger!

TheSailingRabbit

I just noticed the PredAlien's mandibles look like crab claws.

Crabators confirmed?

Voodoo Magic

Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events, but the Predalien did burst from a Crabator!

Drukathi

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2019, 12:38:56 PM
Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events, but the Predalien did burst from a Crabator!

Always wanted to ask - I understood the crabators, but what mean "snaliens"? :)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 16, 2019, 01:33:34 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2019, 12:38:56 PM

Always wanted to ask - I understood the crabators, but what mean "snaliens"? :)

I only created Crabators™.

It was The Old One who coined the term "Snailens". I assume it was to combine Snail + Aliens, but only she can truly explain what was in her head at the time.

Old One... you're up!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed