Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 412,717 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 29, 2022, 03:31:23 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 26, 2022, 07:01:35 PMDillon fighting the alien is such a great way for him to go. One of my favorite characters in all the saga.

That pic looks like the Parker & Alien fight photos. Looks like it's also got him up against the wall.

Yeah it totally does. Probably got cut in the editing room.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Sep 29, 2022, 04:04:54 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 23, 2022, 09:12:07 PMhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdUGgjMUYAAIFuc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anyone else notice. It looks like Ridley has some residual  blood on his face from a possible previous take. It's just above his beard on the side of his face. I don't ever recall seeing Ridley in flight suit. 8)

Thanks for posting this.

Good catch.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 30, 2022, 03:00:04 PMYeah it totally does. Probably got cut in the editing room.

Would've been good to see more of the fight. Perhaps the behind-the-scenes footage of the actor getting a head cast was for this? He copped a head-bite just before the molten lead was pored onto the two of them?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 30, 2022, 03:00:04 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 26, 2022, 07:01:35 PMDillon fighting the alien is such a great way for him to go. One of my favorite characters in all the saga.

That pic looks like the Parker & Alien fight photos. Looks like it's also got him up against the wall.

It does look like the Parker & Alien fight photos.  However, the photo isn't correctly shown in the right position, etc.  Below is how the photo should actually look:

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 01, 2022, 01:19:03 AMWould've been good to see more of the fight. Perhaps the behind-the-scenes footage of the actor getting a head cast was for this? He copped a head-bite just before the molten lead was pored onto the two of them?

Yes, he was head-bitten before the lead was poured you just don't see it, unfortunately, as the scene was trimmed in editing.  Below are the head casts of Dillon.  The red head cast is the one used for the head-bite:

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 01, 2022, 08:00:56 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 30, 2022, 03:00:04 PM

It does look like the Parker & Alien fight photos.  However, the photo isn't correctly shown in the right position, etc.  Below is how the photo should actually look:

Silly me !  ;D

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 01, 2022, 01:19:03 AMWould've been good to see more of the fight. Perhaps the behind-the-scenes footage of the actor getting a head cast was for this? He copped a head-bite just before the molten lead was pored onto the two of them?

Yes, he was head-bitten before the lead was poured you just don't see it, unfortunately, as the scene was trimmed in editing.  Below are the head casts of Dillon.  The red head cast is the one used for the head-bite:

That's a huge f**king hole.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 01, 2022, 10:35:37 AMThat's a huge f**king hole.

:laugh:

Yeah, need a good bit of space for the gore pieces and a compressed air hose for those juicy explosive head bites!

Rains and Clemens had quite a large hole in their heads after a head-bite also.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I had no idea about Dillon getting a head bite, thank you for posting!!!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I always thought that Rains got his head munched on more after the head bite. Looks like a split open boiled egg  :laugh:

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 01, 2022, 02:11:18 PMI always thought that Rains got his head munched on more after the head bite. Looks like a split open boiled egg  :laugh:

:laugh:

That is a possibility and it sure does look like it.  Fincher originally wanted Alien 3 to be more graphically violent, etc, but was cut or trimmed due to censoring.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

All this graphic head-bite goodness NEEDS to be released someday by Disney. I want to see the unused Parker head-bite that was considered too graphic for the final edit for ALIEN.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 01, 2022, 10:35:37 AMThat's a huge f**king hole.

I'd imagine an Alien's head-bite as equivalent to a double-barrelled shotgun pressed point-blank to a person's forehead, and someone pulling the trigger ... BAM! ... an explosion of brains, blood, bone fragments, and hair (or not).

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 01, 2022, 03:25:29 PMAll this graphic head-bite goodness NEEDS to be released someday by Disney. I want to see the unused Parker head-bite that was considered too graphic for the final edit for ALIEN.

Agreed 100%!  I would love to see the original gory 'x-rated' cut before it was decided to tone down the graphic gore, etc.  Especially from, as you mentioned, Parker's death and Brett's death scenes as well as various other stuff. I was reading an old interview with Yaphet Kotto recently who was asked about the first time he saw Alien.  Yaphet said he was shocked on how much stuff was cut or not included and would often pester Ridley saying "When are you going to cut the movie properly?"

Good old Yaphet  :laugh:

I won't be home till Tuesday so I will have to find that interview again then.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 01, 2022, 04:15:08 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 01, 2022, 03:25:29 PMAll this graphic head-bite goodness NEEDS to be released someday by Disney. I want to see the unused Parker head-bite that was considered too graphic for the final edit for ALIEN.

Agreed 100%!  I would love to see the original gory 'x-rated' cut before it was decided to tone down the graphic gore, etc.  Especially from, as you mentioned, Parker's death and Brett's death scenes as well as various other stuff. I was reading an old interview with Yaphet Kotto recently who was asked about the first time he saw Alien.  Yaphet said he was shocked on how much stuff was cut or not included and would often pester Ridley saying "When are you going to cut the movie properly?"

Good old Yaphet  :laugh:

I won't be home till Tuesday so I will have to find that interview again then.

As much as I love the film as is, I would badly want to see the strongest cut possible. I wish that extended cut (with EVERYTHING thrown back in) was released, instead of, the Ridley Scott 2003 DC re-edit.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 01, 2022, 04:29:53 PMAs much as I love the film as is, I would badly want to see the strongest cut possible. I wish that extended cut (with EVERYTHING thrown back in) was released, instead of, the Ridley Scott 2003 DC re-edit.

Same.  The director's cut was definitely a missed opportunity with some questionable edits.  The release of the x-rated cut was teased a handful of times in various magazines which always got my hopes up.  The director's cut could have been much much more.  I never thought they could release an extended version of Alien 3 but they did many years later.  So, maybe one day Alien will get the same treatment...fingers crossed.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 01, 2022, 04:45:17 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 01, 2022, 04:29:53 PMAs much as I love the film as is, I would badly want to see the strongest cut possible. I wish that extended cut (with EVERYTHING thrown back in) was released, instead of, the Ridley Scott 2003 DC re-edit.

Same.  The director's cut was definitely a missed opportunity with some questionable edits.  The release of the x-rated cut was teased a handful of times in various magazines which always got my hopes up.  The director's cut could have been much much more.  I never thought they could release an extended version of Alien 3 but they did many years later.  So, maybe one day Alien will get the same treatment...fingers crossed.

I saw the DC twice at the time, and enjoyed the additional material - but was hoping for (much) more. The amount of previously-unseen material in the later released 2003 Quadrilogy set only confirmed how much more material could've been used. Definitely a missed opportunity.

It's a long way off, but, I'm hoping something very special happens for 2029

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 01, 2022, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 01, 2022, 04:45:17 PM

I saw the DC twice at the time, and enjoyed the additional material - but was hoping for (much) more. The amount of previously-unseen material in the later released 2003 Quadrilogy set only confirmed how much more material could've been used. Definitely a missed opportunity.

It's a long way off, but, I'm hoping something very special happens for 2029

The director's cut was released while I was living and working in Northern Ireland.  Unfortunately I never got to watch the DC cut in the cinema due to work.  When I eventually got time off it was no longer showing so as you can imagine I wasn't impressed.  I pre-ordered the Alien Quadrilogy set and I was lucky enough to get my copy a day early  ;D  so that's how I got to watch it.  I couldn't wait to see it and I enjoyed it but I couldn't help but feel disappointment on top of my happiness.  I was expecting more from the Brett death scene and more.  But instead what I was expecting wasn't in it.  I was still happy don't get me wrong but I had so many hopes of seeing the x-rated cut.  I do like Alien as it is but I'm also obsessed with what was cut from the film.  The Alien 3 Assembly Cut was everything I wanted and more.  I have so many fond memories of the Quadrilogy's release  :)

*EDIT*

And let's not forgot those extra Alien deleted scenes!  Man I was happy as a pig in sh*t  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

I have a feeling that what was considered too explicit for 1979 might end up looking real disappointing after 43 years of hype :laugh:

Still want to see it though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed