uMod (AVP Classic 2000 Mod)

Started by Olde, Sep 06, 2015, 07:49:21 PM

Author
uMod (AVP Classic 2000 Mod) (Read 6,275 times)

Olde

Olde

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 27, 2015, 02:15:39 PM
Are you re-skinning the models?
Nah, we just wanted to make gameplay changes. I do have tons of reskins, though. There's a complete hi-res skin overhaul of the game here:

System Apollo

System Apollo

Those levels look fantastic! As for gameplay changes, are we to expect new weaponry or anything of the sort?

Olde

Olde

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 28, 2015, 03:06:42 AM
As for gameplay changes, are we to expect new weaponry or anything of the sort?
Believe me, we'd like to. Unfortunately it's terribly difficult to do something like that without the SDK. We were looking into adding a shotgun and molotovs, since both are used by NPCs but unavailable to players. Unfortunately stuff of that order is too difficult to add. Plus it would pose a problem for multiplayer games that had people using the mod as well as those not using the mod. If you weren't using the mod and you were hit by one of our newly created weapons, your game would likely crash. At the end of the day, we could do a million times more than we're able to if we had the source code, but unfortunately that's not the case.

However, we've changed some weapon facets. For the marine, the pulse rifle, smartgun, flamethrower, and pistol all do more damage. The smartgun tracks slightly more quickly. Proximity mines have been removed from the grenade launcher. Minigun ammo has been reduced from 800 to 450. For the predator, we increased wristblade primary fire damage and allow the player to keep the blade charged indefinitely. The pred pistol now costs twice as much energy and has about a two second cooldown period. Also, the disc's tracking system has been removed. No alien damage/weapons have been changed.

System Apollo

System Apollo

I understand what you mean. Regardless, the effort your putting in to enhance the experience is amazing. And good work with the Minigun ammo... ugh... That damn minigun...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed