AvP recreated in CryEngine 3

Started by XxecutionerxX, Nov 08, 2012, 01:49:36 AM

Author
AvP recreated in CryEngine 3 (Read 12,565 times)

piff

piff

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 30, 2012, 11:07:06 PM
To be fair, the Aliens on Marines action in the original AvP was Alien and Marine action done right.  If you didn't rely on your tech you were mincemeat. 

It seems like ACM is kind of going for this in the MP of the game, but the SP looks more along the standard AvP2 onward fare.  Heavy scripted sequences where the Aliens are dangerous in a swarm as oppossed to being able to rip you limb from limb as a lone creature.

I'm getting it regardless. But I'm also going to download AVM and beat off to it for nostalgia sake.

AVP games use to be SUSPENSEFUL.

For example, avp2, the sound settings are amazing. You can hear the alien or what ever around you as it crawls, or moves. The way they did it there, I would hire them again how ever they did it.

Will ACM be able to be MODDED?

If not, it will die a slow death like avp2010, with no mods, the game sucks

ThuNd3R

ThuNd3R

With ACM being a complete disaster[I'm not gonna elaborate and really express my feelings beause it's like dying from inside-out  :'(] , I have so much hope in this mod.It really looks and feels like an Alien game.I was trying to find some news about it- wthout success  and the the only gameplay preview on youtube is private now.Does it mean that this mod is dead - the guy has been blocked by you know who?  >:( Does anybody know something?

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

The first 10 minutes of this game is scarier than anything in the recent Aliens games.

I absolutely loved the old AvP, it was so bloody scary (I was also quite a lot younger back then), why can't modern games learn the lessons from these. I remember being blown away by how good the lighting was.

I used to play with a friend 1v1, I'd the be alien and take out all the lights, hide in the darkness and wait... awesome times.

spinksy

spinksy

lots of good memories from the first AvP game, I remember playing it and litterally making me jump in my seat (big time).

lots of memories of walking around corridor corners and aliens jumping at me or hearing something - turning around to see an alien in my face and jumping in my seat lol.

as said, good times..

Predator Lord

Predator Lord

It's a damn shame what happened to A:CM. On a lighter note, this mod seems promising. I loved AvP 1999 TO DEATH and seeing this just made me void my bowels in excitement.

WinterActual

WinterActual

As I said in other topics - DO NOT expect this mod to come out. FOX has shut down the development. You can either expect some miracle but don't count on that.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 16, 2013, 09:23:47 AM
As I said in other topics - DO NOT expect this mod to come out. FOX has shut down the development. You can either expect some miracle but don't count on that.

F***** you FOX.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The funny thing is that they never bothered to hassle AKF ^^

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 16, 2013, 09:23:47 AM

Has this been confirmed?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Not officially.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 16, 2013, 07:17:11 PM
The funny thing is that they never bothered to hassle AKF ^^

Just like the rest of these boards lol.  ::)

Too many Console-gamers to spark interest prob.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yeah AvPG is console oriented forum (sadly).

TheRaven

TheRaven

Seeing as one video was took down and the other one is made private ill just post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m5cRX3q2M#ws

Not sure if its anything new to you guys who saw the other videos, I hope this mod makes it to the Internet before FOX takes it away :|

szkoki

szkoki

well this means fox should be ashamed to trust in sega and gbx, even 1 guy can come up with something 1000 times better...this is just like the case of the Elder Scroll's  LOTR mod wich really bothers Warner Bros.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed