Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 14, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

Author
Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!) (Read 57,372 times)

Cvalda

Contents are a straight reprint of the original, I believe.

ShadowPred

Yeah, I asked Darkness if anything was added or removed or whatnot.

Quote from: Darkness on May 29, 2012, 02:29:00 PM
Afraid not, they're just straight forward reprints.

predxeno

I'm still waiting for my Original Art Edition that comes out at the end of October, I'm still a bit ticked that it won't be coming with a signed plate. >:(

Cvalda

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 05, 2012, 06:38:43 PM
For those who feel all nostalgic for the original cover, though, Titan is releasing another version with the remastered art in a 'facsimile edition' with the original cover... in a few weeks.

Why they couldn't release all the different editions together at the same time--on the original release date--shall remain a mystery, I guess.
So there are four different new editions now? Weird.

Hi-res:

Cvalda

Okay, guys, here is an actual preorder for the SIGNED Artist's Edition stateside:
https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/product.php?productid=34726

I even emailed them asking if it was indeed going to be the signed version, and they sent me this reply back:
"yes the version going to comic shops is the signed version. "

So if you want to get a signed copy, this seems a pretty good bet at a decent price. Normally I wouldn't tell you bastids til after I had already preordered mine (their stock is going to be strictly limited), but I decided I don't wanna pay $71 upfront with tax & shipping for a preorder that's over a month away. So by all means, go for it :laugh:

predxeno

It's $60 technically and I don't think I want to pay that much for 1 book, either.

Corporal Hicks

I'm still waiting for my signed copy from Amazon. They keep putting the dates back :/

predxeno

I don't think amazon is giving away the signed copy anymore, apparently popularity for the Original Art Edition is so big that they are now making 2 versions (one signed and one not); the signed versions are pretty mucy at $70 while the nonsigned versions are like $40.

Mr. Domino

So, I've had my OAE for a little over a week now, but just now had a chance to go through it - interesting to note, in the interview with Walt Simonson and John Workman in the back, it's mentioned that the infamous "Alien Box" scene was based on something from a script draft that was shot, but later cut. I find this more than a little hard to believe, and is likely just a factual error, as the validity of that scene being in the book has been brought up before. I'd be interested to know, though, if anyone knows of a script draft that includes this - I've never seen one, but it seems like there's always something new to discover with this film.

SM

I've always figured it was imply their take on the scene (which I can't find in any of the drafts I have).  It's mentioned in the Book of Alien too from memory.

predxeno

What's this Alien Box scene? ???

SM

Alien folds itself up to mimic a box.

Hudson

There's an unshot scene along those lines in The Thing as well I think.

Corporal Hicks

Amazon has finally shipped my OAE. Can't wait to see it. I've never read the Illustrated Story in any form before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed