'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com

Started by The Rogue, Apr 27, 2010, 11:13:26 PM

Author
'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com (Read 20,454 times)

Politikon

Quote from: XenoVC on Apr 29, 2010, 11:22:11 PM
Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 29, 2010, 04:28:37 PM
I have heard stories of the one you call gameoverman. He sounds like an interesting fellow.

Legendary, even.

He was a mod here.  :P

Sounds like that GAMEOVERMAN was a Paranoid Schizophrenic!

Pvt. Hicks

Completely forgot about that guy. What happened?

Mus

Didn't he post here fairly not so long ago? I think I've seen post here, and I joined like fairly not so long ago.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Politikon on Apr 30, 2010, 06:04:40 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 30, 2010, 05:51:58 AM
...now look what you've done...

?

But your kind of proving my point, yes they fit in the script, because they came first, not after. Scotts idea about wiping the Planet was from the Commentary wasn't it? and the redesign is a no Brainer, of course it's going to be redesigned, it's a new movie, that's how it goes.

If it were the other way round, i could see your logic, like if he called them "growers" now AFTER we know about the script, that's a big indication that it's the real deal. ( not to my knowledge did he ever call them that, could be wrong but you see my point?)

Or if the name Arrow Head (or whatever that ship was called) comes up or another crew etc etc.

You could take what Scott's said now and put it in almost any fan fic and it'll fit, its that vague.

(sorry SM!! :D)

Edit - The Harvest script had 2 things going for it which reeled me in - The timing was perfect and the quality was a step ahead.

Valaquen

An article talking about Giger's Alien, and they have a screenshot of the Newborn? ...

Politikon

Quote from: Highland on May 01, 2010, 08:50:58 AM
Quote from: Politikon on Apr 30, 2010, 06:04:40 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 30, 2010, 05:51:58 AM
...now look what you've done...

?

But your kind of proving my point, yes they fit in the script, because they came first, not after. Scotts idea about wiping the Planet was from the Commentary wasn't it? and the redesign is a no Brainer, of course it's going to be redesigned, it's a new movie, that's how it goes.

If it were the other way round, i could see your logic, like if he called them "growers" now AFTER we know about the script, that's a big indication that it's the real deal. ( not to my knowledge did he ever call them that, could be wrong but you see my point?)

Or if the name Arrow Head (or whatever that ship was called) comes up or another crew etc etc.

You could take what Scott's said now and put it in almost any fan fic and it'll fit, its that vague.

(sorry SM!! :D)

Edit - The Harvest script had 2 things going for it which reeled me in - The timing was perfect and the quality was a step ahead.

Yes, and no.

You are being too doubtful and you're still operating under the assumption that I have MADE UP MY MIND.

You also keep telling me how this story should have come up in ANY OLD FAN FIC, and yet I have yet to ever hear of any fan-fic (unless the script proves to be such) that fit this description in any way....and I've seen and heard lots of ALIEN fan fiction.

The title of the thing is a possibility though....'HARVEST' WAS a book...

Aside from that, I just think you're being a little to savy with the coincidences, ESPECIALLY the way SCOTT describes they BIO ENGINEERING but really they are wiping out....As I've mentioned, this is almost nerve-rackingly coincidental. It doesn't matter that he had previously mentioned those details separately.... It's too fishy.... Think about it some.

SiL

There are so few Alien fan scripts, though - and of them, Harvest is one of (if not the) only prequels.

Fan stories have used Scott's ideas for ages - Bio-engineered Aliens to clear out planets, etc.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I like the script for ALIN: TH RTURN the best of them all, SiL.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Really hope the alien redesign is similar to the unused ones Giger had done for Alien3... those were badass 8)

SM

QuoteI like the script for ALIN: TH RTURN the best of them all, SM.

Easily.

SiL

I think it is easily the best written, the most intelligent, the best plotted, with deeply rooted themes and undertones, sympathetic, well-rounded characters and equal mixes humour, horror, action, and implied rape.

I give it twenty stars.

Out of five.

SpaceMarines

You'll get an Oscar for sure.

SiL

I'm following it up with the slightly disappointing sequel, Alien 6: Return Hard.

Politikon

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2010, 02:03:26 AM
I'm following it up with the slightly disappointing sequel, Alien 6: Return Hard.

After reading this script, I have shamefully but wholeheartedly changed my mind. THIS is most certainly the REAL script for the ALIEN PREQUEL.

Politikon

Politikon

Quote from: SiL on May 02, 2010, 12:31:05 AM
There are so few Alien fan scripts, though - and of them, Harvest is one of (if not the) only prequels.

Fan stories have used Scott's ideas for ages - Bio-engineered Aliens to clear out planets, etc.

As for these fan stories,

Are they really on the same par with the HARVEST author. If so please show me some of these sophisticated stories.

You have to just be logical about it.
In Detective work, rule #1 is always '99% of the time, the most obvious solution is usually THE answer.' The Butler did it, the boyfriend stole the wedding ring, your wife is cheating on you, 95% of 'fans' don't like the script with homosexuals, ant-sized aliens and SJ BBQ's, so there is only a 5% chance that it was actually written by a fan.

That may seem abrasive at first, but please take those odds into consideration for a moment. When I haven't liked a fan script it's almost always been because it lacked a certain sophistication and professionalism, that this script simply does not lack. Even when fan fiction is riddled with cool, good ideas...(IE: Someone mentioned a Female Synth Villianess should run Weyland Yutani on Earth...Good idea but NOT on the same scale as tying the ALIEN's biology to the way the SJ's don't understand the mating habits of humans and thus naively force human slaves into homo-sexual relations for purposes of procreation, all the while to make a larger political statement about Capitalism and enslavement within the Company..? = Not FAN FICTION).

Consider when you think about this that it's possible some of those things in the H script most didn't like, have changed by production BECAUSE fans won't like them.

So,

Here we have one of the only scripts for a Prequel to ALIEN that has ever popped up on the internet and fits in with everything Ridley has said about the Prequel, before AND after the script was commissioned. It is not some H.S. fanboy jargon but rather a sophisticated SCI-FI tale with a depth uncommon in fan-fiction. It is very well written and somewhat philosophical. It appears right around the time that would be logical if we were to believe we are now on the 4th draft. There were C+D letters. Ridley's interviews and details underscore the scripts content so far.

Yet, you are all citing these disjointed history of info as explanations to show how anyone could have randomly picked the necessary particular ingredients and come up with the same soup. To show how easily someone can gel all the right elements together at the right time, because there was demand, and all just to shed doubt upon the content and suggest that it is POSSIBLE that the script is NOT a draft, when the OBVIOUS assumption to make at this point is that the script is legit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed