Alien Prequel to knock the AvP movies out of Canon?

Started by shakermakerman, Nov 02, 2009, 10:57:16 PM

Author
Alien Prequel to knock the AvP movies out of Canon? (Read 31,860 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Spaghetti on Nov 03, 2009, 09:26:31 PM
AVP movies? What AVP movies?

They're seeing things, I guess. Maybe they'll adapt the games/comics into a *cough* GREAT *cough* movie one day?

RoaryUK

Quote from: shakermakerman on Nov 02, 2009, 10:57:16 PM
Just wondering if this could knock the AvP movies out of canon and make sure that the AvP movies was a stand alone franchise?

It could, unfortunately the AvP lovers of this world will always point to the one movie that started it all, even an Alien movie has veered slightly towards the term of humans as a form of "predator"...and while that stands FOX I fear will eventually try bringing the whole thing together.

Brother

They are separate cannon

Aliens don't belong on Earth
Aliens don't belong in a high school swimming pool
Aliens don't go with stupid teens
List goes on...

If they want aliens on Earth I always thought that the best scenario would be -
they spread all over the planet and turn it into a hive. But I don't know if that would sell and if aliens fans would like it.

SM

QuoteThey are separate cannon

What about canon though?

And as much as I wish they weren't. your reasons are kinda weak...

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Brother on Nov 10, 2009, 10:53:47 PM
They are separate cannon

I love how 'because they're different' has suddenly become a valid excuse for AVP to 'not be canon' for so many.

Has everyone forgotten how different Aliens was than Alien?
Let's try this whole 'its not canon' thing with that comparison:

They are separate canon

There shouldn't be more than one alien
They messed up the aliens reproductive cycle
Aliens don't go with stupid Colonists
List goes on...

Aliens is, quite obviously, not canon.

Brother

If you put it that way...
As I said the list is long. Why aren't they separate canon then?

SM

Because, that's what the company wants to happen.

Highland

or you could ask yourself, does it really matter?

No

Only thing linking the movies in my opinion is the Super dooper Special edition box they all come in once a year

O.W.L.F.

as long as i dont like AvP movies (especially the sequel) i admit that they are definitely a canon......and not only that.... they actually brought Alien a Predator into one franchise.......it's a fact....what we thinks about it doesn' matter......

Rabies

some part of me wants the avp franchise to make a third movie that just ignores the second one entirely so cannon can be rewritten through superposition, because the first one was not terrible there weref flaws but not nearly as bad as the second

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2009, 11:12:45 PM
Because, that's what the company wants to happen.

You are going to put Fox's opinion before what the entire fan base wants. Honestly what fan WANTS AvP and AvP:R to be ALIEN and PREDATOR canon. There is no official canon from what I care. But if I were ever to make an ALIEN movie I would some how make it perfectly clear that AvP and AvP:R and PREDATOR 1/2 have NOTHING to do with the ALIEN movies other than names. The Xenos in AvP and AvP:R are barely like ALIEN/ALIENS any more.

SM

QuoteYou are going to put Fox's opinion before what the entire fan base wants.

What I put where doesn't really have much affect on the reality.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on Nov 17, 2009, 05:36:10 AM
QuoteYou are going to put Fox's opinion before what the entire fan base wants.

What I put where doesn't really have much affect on the reality.

What? If the fan base as a whole wants it I am pretty sure Fox would do it.

SM

See above re: "reality".

Chris!(($$))!

I know and know we all feel that Fox has absolutely no care for the franchise other than money but if they ever looked around and saw that a HUGE portion of fans wanted this then they would see that it would make money and do it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed