Alien Prequel to knock the AvP movies out of Canon?

Started by shakermakerman, Nov 02, 2009, 10:57:16 PM

Author
Alien Prequel to knock the AvP movies out of Canon? (Read 31,730 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 17, 2009, 05:26:52 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2009, 11:12:45 PM
Because, that's what the company wants to happen.

You are going to put Fox's opinion before what the entire fan base wants. Honestly what fan WANTS AvP and AvP:R to be ALIEN and PREDATOR canon. There is no official canon from what I care. But if I were ever to make an ALIEN movie I would some how make it perfectly clear that AvP and AvP:R and PREDATOR 1/2 have NOTHING to do with the ALIEN movies other than names. The Xenos in AvP and AvP:R are barely like ALIEN/ALIENS any more.

What the fans want is irrelevant. Fox has officially declared that everything (movies, novels, comics, etc...) is canon. While we as fans can disregard w/e we want, like SM said, it doesn't change the reality.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 17, 2009, 06:06:28 AM
I know and know we all feel that Fox has absolutely no care for the franchise other than money but if they ever looked around and saw that a HUGE portion of fans wanted this then they would see that it would make money and do it.

And you're assuming that a 'HUGE' portion of fans is anything more than a minor blip on Fox's radar.

How many registered users are there on this forum? 10,564. If every single person on this forum went to see Predators or the Alien prequel twice, that would mean 21,128 tickets sold. Do you have any idea how many tickets have to be sold to make a movie even break even? Much less be considered a success?

The fans don't really matter all that much. Yes, we're here, we love the movies, and every so often the people in charge will take that into consideration, but you have to accept the fact that Fox already has our money. We go to the theater and see the movie, we buy it on video, even when they hand us shite like AVPR. I own two copies (one on DVD and one on Blu-ray) of AVPR, even though I've only made it all the way through the movie once, and I know from reading these forums that there are quite a few others that bought it, if only for 'completisms' sake amongst the fans.

Fox is going to do what they think will attract non-fans into the theater, because the unwashed masses of the world is where they make their money.

Brother

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 17, 2009, 04:06:44 PM
The fans don't really matter all that much.
Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 17, 2009, 04:06:44 PM
We go to the theater and see the movie, we buy it on video
Nice twist isn't it? I can see how our opinion doesn't matter to them but like you said, they already have our money.

SpaceMarines

They don't have mine!

dallevalle

alien movies is alien movies predator is predator movies and avp is avp movies they are all for themself lol 3 groups hehe

SM

Johnny Handsome

What he meant was that they are 3 separate franchises.

dallevalle

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 17, 2009, 11:31:14 PM
What he meant was that they are 3 separate franchises.

yeps glad someone got it xD phew !!

SM

Alright, your dubious grasp on English is forgiven this time.

Especially as my Danish is non-existant.

RidgeTop

Canon is whatever the fans make of it in the end.  Everything made by the studio and released in theaters is considered canon by them, even if the stories break each others canon.  Just look what they did with Star Trek, terrible idea, I really hope Alien does not try anything along the lines of "re-imagining"

Necronomicon IV

Necronomicon IV

They may be all canon, but they are indeed three separate franchises as I've mentioned a multitude of times on AvP Spectrum, AVP.Net, and Alien Experience (while I was still there.)

Thing is, Alien 0 doesn't have to knock them into their own divisions, they're already there.

SpaceMarines

That's exactly what I think too.

jordan

Hopefully.  The AVP movies are bad, but what makes them worse is their high and mighty opinion of themselves vis-a-vis the Alien timeline. 

Mr. Domino

Quote from: jordan on Dec 15, 2009, 10:46:11 PM
Hopefully.  The AVP movies are bad, but what makes them worse is their high and mighty opinion of themselves vis-a-vis the Alien timeline. 

Yeah, I know. Its almost as bad as the fanbase's high-and-mighty opinion that they own the franchise, and not Fox.

Oh wait, did I type that out loud? Oops...

MadassAlex

Why should we respect Fox when all they've done lately is made poor decisions about both franchises?

Giger, Scott, Cameron et al. are the people that have more of a place claiming ownership.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed