Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,135 times)

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 06, 2013, 12:50:17 AM
Let's say belief systems were a TV: "To believe in Protestantism, turn to Channel 1. For Catholicism, Channel 2.", and so on. Atheism is simply not switching the TV on.

This. That, and asking why that TV is so gersh dern irmperntent when all it does is either nothing or blow out other peoples fuses.

saintssinphony

saintssinphony

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 06, 2013, 12:50:17 AM
Quote from: BANE on Sep 05, 2013, 04:29:41 PMHow can you honestly disregard our Lord with the full knowledge that he made you in His own image? It's BEAUTIFUL, and I cry and pray for you each night.
Knowing that every night, next to your bed, you are on your knees talking to yourself with Sabby on your mind is pretty f**king creepy.

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 05, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
Hmmm, it sounds like Humanism with Spiritualist elements. I like it.
It sounds like a watered down version of Thelema:
QuoteThe Nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

-Anton Szandor LaVey

Liber LXXVII

"the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world." —AL. II. 21

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." —AL. I. 40

"thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that, and no other shall say nay." —AL. I. 42–3

"Every man and every woman is a star." —AL. I. 3

There is no god but man.
1. Man has the right to live by his own law— to live in the way that he wills to do:
to work as he will:
to play as he will:
to rest as he will:
to die when and how he will.

2. Man has the right to eat what he will: to drink what he will:
to dwell where he will:
to move as he will on the face of the earth.

3. Man has the right to think what he will: to speak what he will:
to write what he will:
to draw, paint, carve, etch, mould, build as he will:
to dress as he will.

4. Man has the right to love as he will:— "take your fill and will of love as ye will,
when, where, and with whom ye will." —AL. I. 51 5. Man has the right to kill those who would thwart these rights.
"the slaves shall serve." —AL. II. 58

"Love is the law, love under will." —AL. I. 57

- Aleister Crowley

93!!!!
The Thelemic law and other similar practices are carried on in some ways with many people I know in the Church.  I believe Satanism though is a retooling of those ideas and streamlined for the 21st century.  The "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" hasn't really changed much, also Ritual Magick is still heavily used today.  I'm sure you know that.  In fact I'd say without the teaching and rituals from The Golden Dawn there wouldn't be Thelema or Satanism today.   93 93/93

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: saintssinphony on Sep 06, 2013, 02:56:39 AMThe Thelemic law and other similar practices are carried on in some ways with many people I know in the Church.  I believe Satanism though is a retooling of those ideas and streamlined for the 21st century.  The "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" hasn't really changed much, also Ritual Magick is still heavily used today.  I'm sure you know that.  In fact I'd say without the teaching and rituals from The Golden Dawn there wouldn't be Thelema or Satanism today.   93 93/93
I wouldn't call the CoS "21st Century". A lot of people left them and formed the Temple of Set because of LaVey's ideas, especially on whom to recruit. Plus, based on the ritual materials I have examined, the ToS keeps a more traditional connection to the LHP than the CoS.

You are right about how the Luciferian current owes a lot to Thelema. So does Wicca. Wiccans hate it when I point out that most of what they think is "ancient wisdom" came from Gerald Gardner who cribbed a lot of his "teachings" from Freemasonry and Aleister Crowley, when Gardner was a member of the Ordo Templi Orientis.

saintssinphony

saintssinphony

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 06, 2013, 12:11:20 PM
Quote from: saintssinphony on Sep 06, 2013, 02:56:39 AMThe Thelemic law and other similar practices are carried on in some ways with many people I know in the Church.  I believe Satanism though is a retooling of those ideas and streamlined for the 21st century.  The "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" hasn't really changed much, also Ritual Magick is still heavily used today.  I'm sure you know that.  In fact I'd say without the teaching and rituals from The Golden Dawn there wouldn't be Thelema or Satanism today.   93 93/93
I wouldn't call the CoS "21st Century". A lot of people left them and formed the Temple of Set because of LaVey's ideas, especially on whom to recruit. Plus, based on the ritual materials I have examined, the ToS keeps a more traditional connection to the LHP than the CoS.

You are right about how the Luciferian current owes a lot to Thelema. So does Wicca. Wiccans hate it when I point out that most of what they think is "ancient wisdom" came from Gerald Gardner who cribbed a lot of his "teachings" from Freemasonry and Aleister Crowley, when Gardner was a member of the Ordo Templi Orientis.

Yes many wiccans are very confused when you show them some old knowledge.  I seemed to attract wiccans and when I show them some older stuff I'm met with the same venom.  Only those with serious dispositions into learning will listen to reason.  Gardner, to me, was just in it for the young naked girls and some money from books.  I'm sure he started to believe his stuff as truth but that's another conversation. 
I find it is funny when you get a wiccan in a room who hasn't heard of Gardner and you get a group of Gardner followers together.  It can be exciting.  You can just see the ideas on the lone non-Gardner follower get knocked out of contention and crumble before his eyes !!!  Or get some Gardner followers in the same room as Dianic wiccans and you might get a bloodbath. 

I meant CoS being made for the 21st century as in it isn't a theistic belief system.
Theistic Satanist are like Diane Vera and as you mentioned the ToS and to me they are crazy people.  In this age of godlessness it is important to have some personal responsibility which the CoS tries to teach.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: saintssinphony on Sep 06, 2013, 02:25:57 PMGardner, to me, was just in it for the young naked girls and some money from books.  I'm sure he started to believe his stuff as truth but that's another conversation.
That's pretty much how it is with ceremonial magickians: sex and drugs.

You know the old song...

Greedo

Greedo

People get to delusional about "Satan" and "Satanism" tbh.

Its just one big mind trick and the people who worship "it" and believe in "it" have been brain washed by messed up preists.

Theories going around is saying Satan once excisted but it was an Alien who was once on this earth and did nasty things to people and tried take over the world (Coincidence ? sounds like government stuff to me), and they called that being "Satan" because they couldnt think of a actual name.

People think Satan could have been mistaken for the likes off..

Annunaki

Reptilians

and other alien race.

Guess we will never know the truth.

But the whole thing about worshiping Satan right now its a load of rubbish.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Haha yeah, rubbish. No one worships Satan.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Sep 06, 2013, 04:36:33 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/232c423f75b2b2b7397762328ff4690e/tumblr_mskxypabRL1spbtxxo1_500.gif

The ones who "think" they do have been fooled and brain washed.

They ask him for "this and that" but does he give them anything ? no.

Load of crap.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 06, 2013, 04:38:15 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/232c423f75b2b2b7397762328ff4690e/tumblr_mskxypabRL1spbtxxo1_500.gif

Load of crap.

I've never asked Satan for anything!

Definitely never sacrificed a virgin in his name either!

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Sep 06, 2013, 04:41:16 PM

Load of crap.

http://media.tumblr.com/0b6c05177b3fc74e6f6683d2a3d17248/tumblr_inline_mnugqlLdBp1qz4rgp.gif

If you are for real?

Tell me , how did you get into Satanism ?

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 06, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

Load of crap.

http://media.tumblr.com/0b6c05177b3fc74e6f6683d2a3d17248/tumblr_inline_mnugqlLdBp1qz4rgp.gif

If you are for real?

Well I started dating a Satan. A female one.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Sep 06, 2013, 04:47:47 PM
Quote from: Commander Keras on Sep 06, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

Load of crap.

If you are for real?

Well I started dating a Satan. A female one.

You been brain washed by her then.

Congrats.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Not really doe ;D

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Sep 06, 2013, 04:38:15 PM

Load of crap.

You're pretty much describing prayer in general.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Yeah really, replace "Satan" with "God" in the last few posts and it makes no difference.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed