Just what the franchise needed

Started by Midnightskater72, Aug 26, 2011, 08:12:51 PM

Author
Just what the franchise needed (Read 10,700 times)

The Xenoborg

Did it leave a Scar? ;)

RagingDragon

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2011, 11:43:37 PM
I bought AvPR on DVD.

I still have not bought this.

Predators is every bad mistake both AvP movies made wrapped up in so much fanservice some people get blinded to the fact it's an atrociously written half-assed rehash of everything we've already had, favouring homages and references over bothering to come up with a single decent idea and executing it properly.

I'm with this crowd.  Bought AvP:R, don't seem to give a crap about Predators.

Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 30, 2011, 04:19:55 AM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 29, 2011, 08:35:43 PM
Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 29, 2011, 06:35:10 PM
Predators will easily be forgotten by the masses in a few years. Hell, it won't even be mentioned as much on this forum as Predator 2

Predators had a budget of 40 mil and made 127,234,389 mil and counting.

I'm pretty sure AVP:R did just as well, & without the critical praise that you're claiming Predators received. What are throwing box office numbers around supposed to prove? Yes it was a financial success. But financial success does not make a good film.

I do applaud Robert for creating a decent film that could spawn sequels. I mean, he did say Predators was just a "test movie", & that's pretty obvious considering the film we got. Hopefully the next sequel will be something to be proud of.

A "test movie?"  How could any legitimate filmmaker say that with a straight face?  Well you got a freaking F on the test, son.

Predator 2 was a great Predator movie... because the Predator was perfect, the story flowed in a reasonable manner at a good pace, the action scenes were interesting, and they tried new things!

The new predators in Predators ( :-\) were great, but why make up these interesting new creatures and have them do little to nothing to showcase their individual personalities?  Same with Laurence Fishburne, what a waste of an interesting character.

The worst aspect of Predators, I mean the one that makes me want to scream, are the homages.  I really liked the idea, the set-up, the characters seemed like they had some great potential, and the first part of the movie actually had me interested.  Danny Trejo scene was great, perfect Predator, credits should've rolled after that.

But no, in come the homages.  My god I've never been so embarrassed in my life.  AvP:R is spared my boiling ire in this department, because the Strauses are SFX nerds who direct music videos and commercials, but Rodgriguez directed Sin City?  One of my all-time favorite movies?  WTF??  Plus, AvP:R made new and different mistakes, for the most part.  Predators tried to hump the original movie so much that it completely eroded everything new it had accomplished.

It built up a huge tower only to take a poop on it and kick it all over the audience with the stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, 12 year old ending.  God so stupid.

Stupid.

In the end, all I can do is agree with poor Royce, as I echoed his passionate statements while leaving the theater:

"Kill me, I'm here!  Kill me now!"

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

myself again.

RagingDragon

Gee, Phantom, speaking of logic somehow not penetrating, it looks like it applies to your comprehension of what just happened.

I wasn't responding, or even talking, to you.  You aren't the OP, I didn't read your replies, so please stop acting like you're the only one in the thread with opinions.  If I directed the post towards you, your response might make some sense.  I didn't, so it doesn't.

AlexVelez

AlexVelez

Quote from: RagingDragon on Dec 30, 2011, 08:10:05 PM
Gee, Phantom, speaking of logic somehow not penetrating, it looks like it applies to your comprehension of what just happened.

I wasn't responding, or even talking, to you.  You aren't the OP, I didn't read your replies, so please stop acting like you're the only one in the thread with opinions.  If I directed the post towards you, your response might make some sense.  I didn't, so it doesn't.

My thoughts exactly. You'd think he was being forced to reply to anyone with a different opinion than his.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed