How tall and heavy can Predators get?

Started by xenoguy12, Jul 01, 2007, 01:46:45 AM

Author
How tall and heavy can Predators get? (Read 12,728 times)

Predator Queen

Quote from: Meathead320 on Jul 04, 2007, 01:41:58 AM
Quote from: White Ookami on Jul 03, 2007, 10:20:06 PM
2.20 to 2.70 meters tall and mabey 200-300 pounds

the height sounds correct, but the weight is absurdly low.
well if they get any heavier the will make a car flip over if one jumps in the air

Predboy

Predboy

I would say they are from 300 to 400 pounds. No way they would be down to 200. Thats the weight of a grown man, and we know that predators are a lot more heavier than humans.

Quote from: White Ookami on Jul 04, 2007, 02:35:57 AM

well if they get any heavier the will make a car flip over if one jumps in the air

So if a pred jumps in the air, a car would flip over, interesting.

Meathead320

Quote from: White Ookami on Jul 04, 2007, 02:35:57 AM

NO, 500 or more pounds can easily land on a car without flippig it over. It will damage the car, but not flip it.

That is again absurd.

Kimarhi

Car's are pretty heavy. Even at 500, the standard car is like double that isn't it?

Predator Queen

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 04, 2007, 03:13:43 AM
Car's are pretty heavy. Even at 500, the standard car is like double that isn't it?
a tiny car like a vw

Kimarhi

Still a car's center of balance is so close to the ground it'd take alot more than five hundred to tip it over.

Meathead320

Especially considering the creature in Question has good balance.

That would be like a Tiger flipping over a car by jumping on it, and that just does not happen.

Objects far heavier than 500 pounds have landed on cars and not flipped them.

200-300 pounds for an adult Pred is way to low. I have no idea what math is being used to get that, and it looks like a guess, one that does not take into account the size of humans around 7ft, and over, nor takes into account that most Pred actors have been in suits that enhance their muscles. Even the P1 and P2 Preds suits made the actor look far more built, even if those suits were padded less than the AVP suits.

That is why I put the P1 and P2 Pred at 400 pounds, and the AVP ones around 450-500.

Again both are Normal weight for a Tiger, so there is really no physics problems here either. Actually if you look at P2, I got the impression that the Pred is a similar sized animal to a lion or tiger. 

400 pounds sounds heavy to a 5'10" human who weighs 185 pounds. Keep in mind that same guy would weigh 393 pounds if he was 7'6" with the same build.

The math is not hard to do at all, that is why it is silly to suggest 200-300 pounds. That would look anorexic.

Predator Queen

they do look a bit slim compared to the preds in avp

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: White Ookami on Jul 04, 2007, 07:44:45 PM
they do look a bit slim compared to the preds in avp

Re-read what I wrote above.

Do you just "skim over" posts?

I mentioned several times they (P1 and P2 Preds) were not as thick as the one in AVP, but that the P1 and P2 Preds still had powerful builds by human standards.

I made it very clear I meant 400 pounds for the Preds in P1 and P2 however.

The ones in AVP were even thicker and would have been likely in the 450-475 pound range.

On their own the P1 and P2 creatures were far more powerfully built than most humans that have ever lived, excluding bodybuilders. This is why I peg them at 400 pounds for their given height of roughly 7'6".

The AVP Preds were even thicker and built like bodybuilders.

Just because the P1 and P2 preds were not as thick as the ones in AVP, does not make the P1 and P2 preds skinny. None of the Preds have been skinny. The AVP ones were extra-thick, but the P1 and P2 preds were still powerful looking none-the-less. I do not know how many different ways I can say it, but I am sure I will get a reply like:

"Meethed YUO aRE STupid Dumazz cuz the others Predaters ar not az big az thu AVP ons so THey Ar skinnee and thin. 250 punds an 8 feet tall. "

There is no way the P1 or P2 Preds weighed only 200-300 pounds, not unless they are far less dense than a human, and that is highly unlikely given their durability. For them to be built like a human who lifts weights (again I do not mean a bodybuilder look, just a strong looking humanoid frame, not every one who lifts weights is a bodybuilder) they would need to be around 400 pounds, at 7'6" just to look strong at all.

Try doing the math. Even the P1 Pred would have been 185 pounds at 5'10", and that is FAR from being as thick as an AVP Pred. 185 pounds at 5'10" scaled up to 7'6" is 400 pounds.

There are in-between bodytypes.

Not just Bodybuilder or thin. Think of a 1-10 muscularity scale. 1 being scrawny build, and 10 being bodybuilder. The AVP Preds would be a 10 on the scale, and the P1 and P2 Preds would have been a 6 or 7. Far from being skinny.

300 pounds at 7'6" is the same as 141 pounds at 5'10", that build would be PUNY.

There seems to be an idea going around that because the P1 and P2 Preds were not as bulky as the AVP ones that now all of the sudden the P1 and P2 creatures are now classed with puny, even though they themselves looked powerful.

There is such thing as powerfully built, while still being agile and non-cumsy. It is a strong athletic physique, and at 400 pounds at 7'6" would fit that billl, 300 pounds at the height would look far more thin than any Pred we have seen on film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed