How tall and heavy can Predators get?

Started by xenoguy12, Jul 01, 2007, 01:46:45 AM

Author
How tall and heavy can Predators get? (Read 12,798 times)

xenoguy12

xenoguy12

Anyone know how tall and heavy they can get because i dont know?.

Meathead320

the ones in the movies looks about 7'6" and 400 pounds. The ones in AVP looked about 500 pounds, I will assume that was for some odd reason, but for general I would say they tend to be an adult at 7'6" and 400.

That is the size I tend to think o them.

There may be some outstanding sized ones who are around 9ft and 700 pounds.

That would be about the Pred equivelent of Conan Stevens.

Danger Close

400 lbs. is a bit much. The hight is a bit more realistic, but I would say 250 lbs. is more likely.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Fawdrey on Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:02 AM
400 lbs. is a bit much. The hight is a bit more realistic, but I would say 250 lbs. is more likely.

No way, for this you have to use the ponderal index for the math.

That assuming they are not more dense than we are.

You can use this on your computers scientific calculator to figure out.

It is for scaling one object of on height, and making it taller in all directions by an equal amount. Basically scaling up an object of known density and volume to a new volume with the same proportional shape.

First get the cubed root of the known objects weight (works both English and Metric), then divide the root by the height (also works both English and Metric), now multiply by the new height and cube the result to get the new weight.

At 7'6" 250 pounds would be the same as 112 pounds at 5'9". That is SCRAWNY. I will say that Pred should not look like Pro bodybuilders the way they did in AVP, but keep in mind that there are build in-between a bodybuilder and scrawny. You do not have to make them look like a stick figure either.

Chances are a Pred is still powerfull looking in build compared to a human if they were equal in height.

I would say a 250 pound human at 6'5" would be about the build of a Pred, and that is strong looking and muscular, but not even close to a bodybuilder in silhouette, but still looks like a big guy wo is strong. So if I scale up the bodyshape of my 6'5" friend, and he has about the thickness of the P1 and P2 Pred, and if I scale him up to 7'6" my result is exactly 399.20443867146515147864447915047 pounds. So I rounded up just under 1 pound to get 400 pounds. That is how I got that weight, and I still stand by it.

It just sounds thick as hell, but at 7'6" 400 pounds even is really not that thick. My 250 pound 6'5" (197cm) friend was very agile. He was the hand to hand combat instructor for my company too.

The ones in AVP would have been over 450 pounds with their bodyshape, and that is getting too thick looking for an agile Pred. That is like 282 pounds at 6'5", and that is 7 pounds heavier than Lou ferrigno was in Pumping Iron. So I can see why the ones in AVP looked non-agile.

ShadowPred

8 ft. since the head gave peter hall and Ian Whyte an extra foot in height...more likely about 350-400 lbs. And well i think the preds can be as heavy as the predators in AVP you all saw how slow they were in that movie.

Danger Close

The wieght is a big issue, a 400 lbs. creature moving through the trees in Predator would be difficult.

Kimarhi

No.  Not if your body was evolved to carry the weight.  We only see the predator climbing the base of trees, not on any small branches.  He's fine.

KPH was 7'2".  The suit gave him four inches so as the first predator he was 7'6".

I agree with meats hypothesis. 

The majority of our 7' athletes approach 300 lbs themselves.  And they aren't nearly as thick as the pred counterparts are.

Pvt. Hicks

8ft., 250-300lbs.

Kimarhi

Yall crazy.

SMJ

SMJ

I gotta agree with the 400 lbs rough estimate. As someone who has watched plenty of wrestling, you kinda get an idea of weight/ hieght ratios. And I've seen plenty of big and somewhat fat guys move very quickly, an athletic Predator who has evolved for these things could easily be very agile. Plus muscle weighs more than fat.  ;)

Danger Close

Predators are not humans and those hight to wieght ratio's may not apply. I agree that it should wieght 400 lbs, but I just don't think it does. Birds are a great example, they're weight is much lighter than it should be, due to hollow bones. This enables them to fly. I have no evidence to suggest that the Pred has hollow bones but it does move quite easily through the trees. Maby they are just used to a different gravity... who knows.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Guys,

Keep in mind that many wild Lion and Tigers weigh over 500 and 600 pounds respectively, and they are among the best jumping and agile creatures on earth. Captive ones can be even heavier, and are still agile.

Preds may even be structured with stronger muscle and bone cells. Perhaps their bones are made of entirely different elements than our own.

I was simply saying that with a given density of a human (and I find it unlikely that a being that strong would be less dense), then at a height of 7'6" and a muscular build (the P1 and P2 Preds were muscular, even if not as thick as in AVP), then they would have to have been in the 400 pound range.

250-300 at 7'6"-8'0" is absurd. They would be built like a broomstick.

Do the Math. "Ponderal Index" the stats of a human that has the build you would expect a Pred to have, put in their weight, and height, then scale the height up to 7'6", and you will likely come out around 375-425 pounds. 400 is a good estimate. The Weight of a small male tiger, or large female tiger.

At 400 pounds they can be plenty agile. 

Predator Queen

2.20 to 2.70 meters tall and mabey 200-300 pounds

Meathead320

Quote from: White Ookami on Jul 03, 2007, 10:20:06 PM
2.20 to 2.70 meters tall and mabey 200-300 pounds

the height sounds correct, but the weight is absurdly low.

Kimarhi

I'd argu for heavy bone structure.  Point blank shotty blast, surviving long enough to activate self destruct.  Something has to be stopping the blunt trauma.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed