Predator 3 Homelands

Started by Predator Queen, May 08, 2007, 11:35:32 AM

Author
Predator 3 Homelands (Read 12,123 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

It's very rare to find a complex lifeform without females.  In fact I can't think of any.  I know of an all female species and hermaphrodites, but no all-male species that I am aware of.

But would predators lay eggs, carry their young in a pouch like marsupials or gestate them inside their bodies? 

Well, I still don't know about the Pred female idea, but if there were no males and females then the preds must be asexual (which is unlikely). So all the Preds could be female but then Scar would be lesbian which would be weird.  :P

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

yea probly there are females but there most likly really manly haha

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Jungle Hunter on May 11, 2007, 02:13:14 PM
look heres a site that says about the females

What the Comics and Books tell us:
It is a common belief that Female Yautja are similar in appearance to males, but are overall larger and in many cases, stronger. Presumably all newborn and infant Yautja, or pups, would begin life at the same size - and with age would grow into their gender's size and shape. However, very little information is obtainable on the females actual appearance.
It is assumed that Yautja would be attracted to each other enough to initiate sexual relations. All senses are connected to sexual attraction, but the primitive sense of smell is most likely. Yautja can smell the musks of other Yautja, and particularly the "child-bearers musk", which would suggest that females are sexually motivated only during a specific time in their hormonal cycle. Although, human females are permanently in heat, which means they can be sexually motivated at any time - and with the Yautja lifestyle, a male could die on any hunt, so females might need to be able to breed at any moment also.
Not much is known about the actual breeding period. It is assumed only one female in a pack becomes pregnant, usually the dominant female, but sometimes two or more females may breed. In other mammals, including humans, copulation occcurs in a stereotypical way, with one set of female postures and movements and a different set for the males - the only limit is imagination. Considering how ritualistic the Yautja are, this could be how they copulate.
After conception and birth, daughters would stay with their mothers in the protected environment, to raise their own children and maintain dominance over their clan's territory. Mothers during this time would teach their pups to fight and survive. They are vicious and relentless in the protection of their children, who they keep safe and hunt for.
Females can also hunt for trophies, but it is most likely for different reasons than the males. Dominance may certainly be a factor - but perhaps it is to show their ability to protect their territory, and their own and their sisters children, from enemy female clans.
A female clan would be made of many generations of daughters, mothers, and grandmothers. It would be easy to presume that such a clan would be led by a single matriarch. Since females rule over their territory and generally run clan affairs, the Yautja would most likely have a matriarchal society.

this info is from http://members.iinet.com.au/~jaherne/thehunted/index.php

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

wow thats pretty good i kinda figured they would be the same as the males with all the hunting and what not but there pretty much animals in away cause they will do anything to protect there children sorta reminds me of bears but either way thanks for clearing that up for us.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Jungle Hunter on May 12, 2007, 02:27:09 AM
wow thats pretty good i kinda figured they would be the same as the males with all the hunting and what not but there pretty much animals in away cause they will do anything to protect there children sorta reminds me of bears but either way thanks for clearing that up for us.
welcome {smiles} ow forgot the rubber bands are there  >:(

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Yes, that's what the comics and books tell us, therefore that info doesen't count as canon.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Dekapitator on May 12, 2007, 10:15:00 AM
Yes, that's what the comics and books tell us, therefore that info doesen't count as canon.
wow someones positive anyways its all we got to work with

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ya i saw that website, i used to go there evryday when this site was no more back in 04.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

I'm curious why exactly did the site shut down back then?

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: White Okami on May 12, 2007, 02:17:56 AM

It is a common belief that Female Yautja are similar in appearance to males, but are overall larger and in many cases, stronger. Presumably all newborn and infant Yautja, or pups, would begin life at the same size - and with age would grow into their gender's size and shape. However, very little information is obtainable on the females actual appearance.
It is assumed that Yautja would be attracted to each other enough to initiate sexual relations. All senses are connected to sexual attraction, but the primitive sense of smell is most likely. Yautja can smell the musks of other Yautja, and particularly the "child-bearers musk", which would suggest that females are sexually motivated only during a specific time in their hormonal cycle. Although, human females are permanently in heat, which means they can be sexually motivated at any time - and with the Yautja lifestyle, a male could die on any hunt, so females might need to be able to breed at any moment also.
Not much is known about the actual breeding period. It is assumed only one female in a pack becomes pregnant, usually the dominant female, but sometimes two or more females may breed. In other mammals, including humans, copulation occcurs in a stereotypical way, with one set of female postures and movements and a different set for the males - the only limit is imagination. Considering how ritualistic the Yautja are, this could be how they copulate.
After conception and birth, daughters would stay with their mothers in the protected environment, to raise their own children and maintain dominance over their clan's territory. Mothers during this time would teach their pups to fight and survive. They are vicious and relentless in the protection of their children, who they keep safe and hunt for.
Females can also hunt for trophies, but it is most likely for different reasons than the males. Dominance may certainly be a factor - but perhaps it is to show their ability to protect their territory, and their own and their sisters children, from enemy female clans.
A female clan would be made of many generations of daughters, mothers, and grandmothers. It would be easy to presume that such a clan would be led by a single matriarch. Since females rule over their territory and generally run clan affairs, the Yautja would most likely have a matriarchal society.

Just adding that the females also have some form of breasts and use them to nurse their young.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on May 13, 2007, 06:09:18 AM
Quote from: White Okami on May 12, 2007, 02:17:56 AM

Just adding that the females also have some form of breasts and use them to nurse their young.
of corce

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: ~Jarrecko~ on May 13, 2007, 04:54:57 AM

I heard because Darkness hated the AVP movie. I'm not sure if that was the real reason.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 14, 2007, 08:24:13 PM
I heard because Darkness hated the AVP movie. I'm not sure if that was the real reason.

Read the Relaunch Announcement

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

lets just say he has no good taste....

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Darkness on May 14, 2007, 08:46:24 PM

Read the Relaunch Announcement
[/quote

I see now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed