AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,866 times)

The Old One

The Old One

10+ Years ago, Requiem's the worst film, the first place.
Resurrection, the second place, AVP the third place.

The Predator usurped the title of worst legitimate film, Requiem's barely a film.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 17, 2019, 11:47:25 PM
10+ Years ago, Requiem's the worst film, the first place.
Resurrection, the second place, AVP the third place.

The Predator usurped the title of worst legitimate film, Requiem's barely a film.

Sez you!

SiL

SiL

I dunno, that's kind of an interesting way to look at it.

Requiem was a cheap, rushed cash-grab. The Predator had significant time, money and talent poured into it, and wasn't rushed off the coattails of another film. Requiem is still terrible, but has more reasons to be terrible than The Predator.

Although I still go with "they're both so bad I don't see the point in trying to figure out which is worse".

Local Trouble

Did you buy a copy of AvPR?

[cancerblack]

AvP is the worst. Requiem has the sheer spectacle of its faults, as does The Predator, and both have a kind of buck-toothed, inbred charm to them if you can however briefly look past the lore destruction and incoherent nonsense. AvP commits the deadliest sin of all, just being completely dull in both story and creature effects. It's not even worth a good cringe, it just happens and i don't really care.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 17, 2019, 11:22:23 PMAccording to this poll, the next turd in line is Alien Resurrection. ;D

Dafuq does the poll know :P

In fairness, I guess the poll is asking least favourite movie, not worst. Resurrection is fundamentally a far superior movie to the leading runners-up in every way, but I can see why a lot of people hate it because tonally it's seriously out of whack with the rest.

Quote from: SiL on Mar 18, 2019, 01:01:25 AMRequiem was a cheap, rushed cash-grab. The Predator had significant time, money and talent poured into it, and wasn't rushed off the coattails of another film. Requiem is still terrible, but has more reasons to be terrible than The Predator.

I still feel like most of The Predator's biggest flaws were the result of it being messed with in post. Requiem was just always that shit.

LastSonofKrypton

Covenant is worse than Resurrection

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 18, 2019, 10:48:59 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 17, 2019, 11:22:23 PMAccording to this poll, the next turd in line is Alien Resurrection. ;D

Dafuq does the poll know :P

Don't ya mean DaFuk?  I knew you were going to respond. ;D

QuoteIn fairness, I guess the poll is asking least favourite movie, not worst. Resurrection is fundamentally a far superior movie to the leading runners-up in every way, but I can see why a lot of people hate it because tonally it's seriously out of whack with the rest.

I was watching Leprechaun yesterday saying to myself "boy this is really stupid", but I have to admit it was stupid fun. Light-hearted stupid fun. But to many, including me, there's nothing less entertaining than a stupid movie that tries to take itself seriously. And that to me is what Resurrection is, where The Predator never takes itself seriously and therefore is less insulting. That's the best way I can describe it.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 18, 2019, 07:10:15 AM
AvP is the worst. Requiem has the sheer spectacle of its faults, as does The Predator, and both have a kind of buck-toothed, inbred charm to them if you can however briefly look past the lore destruction and incoherent nonsense. AvP commits the deadliest sin of all, just being completely dull in both story and creature effects. It's not even worth a good cringe, it just happens and i don't really care.

You have just explained a great deal why AvP is my second least favorite A & P film! Kudos!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2019, 12:06:49 PMDon't ya mean DaFuk?  I knew you were going to respond. ;D

:P

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2019, 12:06:49 PMBut to many, including me, there's nothing less entertaining than a stupid movie that tries to take itself seriously. And that to me is what Resurrection is, where The Predator never takes itself seriously and therefore is less insulting.

I wouldn't say Resurrection is necessarily taking itself seriously - bits of it are very clearly meant to be comedy - but it definitely has a strange mix of comedy and darkness going on and I get why that wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. It's very French in that regard.

I've said it myself, I don't think it's a very good Alien film. But I think it's more competent (at what it's trying to be) and I'd far sooner rewatch it than any of the movies they've made since, with the possible exception of Predators.

The Cruentus

Plus if you take Resurrection as a parody/satire, it works. As a serious entry into the series it doesn't because its too wacky.
The Predator had done the same, though it is worse because Resurrection is at least coherent whereas The Predator had to be reshot a few times and it shows.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 18, 2019, 11:52:18 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/a5w6teQ3RcdKo/giphy.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Prepare your anus
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2019, 06:23:00 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Prepare your anus
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

You need to stop hanging around me and Voodoo and Huggs. :laugh:

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2019, 06:23:00 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Prepare your anus
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Spread your cheeks and fly.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Looks like its time to nuke.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed