Destiny - The Next Game from Bungie Studios

Started by Space Sweeper, Nov 28, 2012, 02:48:57 AM

Author
Destiny - The Next Game from Bungie Studios (Read 100,161 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Ahhh...that is actually really cool. Now I can't help but agree with you!

I gotta get the Marathon games on my new laptop...Maybe this summer I'll finally play through them.

SpaceMarines

I got stuck at one part on ∞ and never moved past it.

I may have to resort to cheats.

Nightmare Asylum

I played some of the first one, but that was on my old computer :-\

SpaceMarines

Shame. Weren't too far, I hope?

Nightmare Asylum

I don't even remember, to be honest. I doubt I was even halfway through.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah, that's good.

You really should give them a try. It's wonderful seeing all the similarities between it and Halo. The Terminals are absolutely fascinating, as well. There's a small novel's worth of text in each game, I'm sure, and it's all incredibly interesting. The slow world building is fantastic, and you really get the sense that you're a pawn in a much larger game. Some of them are really bizarre and cryptic, too. Others are chilling. Some seem completely irreverent, but they all tie together in some way or another.

http://marathon.bungie.org/story/

That website has transcripts of all the Terminals (though I'd recommend trying to find as many as you can in-game first), as well as analysis of various different plot points, characters, and mysteries. I'd really recommend going through some of those pages as you go through the game.

Nightmare Asylum

Yup, I remember really enjoying the terminals. I have to get back into thee games, definitely.

I actually bought the second one on XBox before I learned that the trilogy was free online. Actually, I noticed yesterday that Bungie reformatted their website. I hope the games are still there to download...

SpaceMarines

Doesn't look like they're on the Bungie site anymore, BUT...

...that link should do the job.

Nightmare Asylum

Thank you. Maybe once I finish this paper that I've been procrastinating on for the last, oh, five or so hours I'll download them :)

Cal427eb

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 14, 2013, 03:12:26 AM
Doesn't look like they're on the Bungie site anymore, BUT...

...that link should do the job.
You think those work on Windows 8?

SpaceMarines

Dunno; only tried 'em on Vista.

Check around on the website, there. Can probably find out.

Rick Grimes

Leaked concept art.

Looks epic.

Rick Grimes

Nightmare Asylum

That one with the knight with the sword and shield looks very out of place, too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed