Recent posts

AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by Prez - Today at 07:23:18 AM
I've always felt some things like the speed at which a facehugger can or cannot implant should be variable... much like any species there are always variances and adaptations. So for me those things can sort of bend canon per se and still be respectful to the whole series that has come before - I think also it needs to be taken into context in relation to the story. It's when we start introducing major variables such as the whole was he or wasn't he issue with David being the sole creator of the xeno. That for me is a canon deal-breaker as it (IMO) compromises all that preceded it.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Highland - Today at 07:01:26 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 01:05:11 AM• Dallas and Lambert insisting on bringing Kane back inside the Nostromo knowing they'd break quarantine guidelines
• The horror trope of splitting up
• Ripley going back for the cat
• The marines not listening to Apone or Gorman and firing their weapons in the area where they rupture the cooling system of the primary heat exchangers
• Ferro and Spunkmeyer keeping the dropship's cargo door open even after knowing several of their platoon just got annihilated by the Aliens
• Not keeping someone on Watch Burke Duty after they they find out he "made a bad call"

There's many an example where dumb decisions are made by characters within these films we love so much. We've just learned to deal with them because nostalgia while Prometheus and Covenant continue to get a bad rap. :P

Watched Aliens on the big screen this week and I realised how kinda dumb the sentry scene plays out. First they get in the roof, then they coulda just came through the vents? Ripley's plan was kinda ass ha ha
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Neila - Today at 06:41:39 AM
Quote from: Prez on Today at 04:55:26 AMStarted watching Godzilla x Kong but got pulled away with other commitments.

The tone in those first 5 minutes though - oh boy - they've really gone full circle crazy and so far removed from the serious tone of 2014 Godzilla.

Spoiler
Kong having a shower???
[close]
I liked Godzilla (2014) and King of Monsters.
Godzilla vs. Kong was a bit too Marvel-like for me.
When I saw the trailer for Godzilla X Kong I knew it wasn't my movie.
This is like a badass rock and roll band
becomes more commercial and ends up as children's entertainment.
General Discussion / Re: Religion
Last post by SM - Today at 06:39:18 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 05:50:42 AMYou're all my creations.  That's what solipsism means.  Nothing outside of my mind is real.

And nothing to get hung about.
Last post by SM - Today at 06:37:11 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 06:06:19 AMSM writing the Creative Bible:

Accurate.
As a harsh critic of Illfonic and this game Im glad its getting a revive and adding Xbox family to the hunt. Now if we could get more legacy characters and preds instead of the weird made up preds we got which happened to be released in time with other major games (looking at you samuari pred when ghosts of t and viking pred when assassins creed valhalla) was realeased that be great.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Neila - Today at 06:15:30 AM
I wasn't completely up to date on the matter.
I thought all along that you could pre-order it for the prices listed if you wanted to be mentioned in the credits, etc.

I assumed that at some point it would be available for everyone to purchase without being credited and at a normal price.
General Discussion / Re: Religion
Last post by Kradan - Today at 06:15:04 AM
Last post by Kradan - Today at 06:12:45 AM
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 06:06:19 AM
SM writing the Creative Bible:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed