Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,783 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 22, 2010, 07:52:09 PM
You've said this before but I've heard no complaining from ADI about budget, ever. Source?
They had two months to do the Aliens, and very low part of the budget was put into the actual aliens. Most was used in either miniatures or casting, or actual props of the Pyramid (which were the big block). Think there was an interview  anyway. Maybe I used the wrong word, yeah.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 22, 2010, 07:52:09 PM
All I hear them talking about is how technology has improved, how Tom is the new Lon Chaney (or whomever), and how they are 'custodians' to Giger's design despite honouring it in basic shape only, that is, an anthropomorphic being with an elongated head.
You certainly ain't gonna hear them criticize their own technology.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 22, 2010, 07:56:48 PM
They had two months to do the Aliens, and very low part of the budget was put into the actual aliens. Most was used in either miniatures or casting, or actual props of the Pyramid (which were the big block). Think there was an interview  anyway. Maybe I used the wrong word, yeah.

Just remember, that AVP wasn't the only Alien movie plagued by budget and production problems/cuts.

QuoteYou certainly ain't gonna hear them criticize their own technology.

Maybe, though both Scott and Cameron have been critical of where they failed. ADI have a constant EPK attitude, from my perspective.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 22, 2010, 08:02:22 PM
Just remember, that AVP wasn't the only Alien movie plagued by budget and production problems/cuts.
Just see it like this: Moulding A:R's would have saved time+money. With 2 months for the making that's a big deal.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 22, 2010, 08:02:22 PM
Maybe, though both Scott and Cameron have been critical of where they failed.
May agree with Scott.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 22, 2010, 08:09:16 PM
Just see it like this: Moulding A:R's would have saved time+money. With 2 months for the making that's a big deal.
I detest AR's entire existence, so what can I say?

May agree with Scott.
Cameron has stated before that if any shots of the Alien were to last a single frame longer, then they would have looked terrible. He's spoken of the limitations of the film before.

King Lordi

King Lordi

I say AvP:R because it seemed like they were trying to add something to the overall mythology of the Alien universe by showing how Predator technology affected Humans and formed Weylund-Yutani

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 22, 2010, 08:51:09 PM
Like I don't know to this point? ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: King Lordi on Jun 23, 2010, 06:16:22 AM
I say AvP:R because it seemed like they were trying to add something to the overall mythology of the Alien universe by showing how Predator technology affected Humans and formed Weylund-Yutani
And a shitty continuity-shredding new reproduction cycle.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 23, 2010, 09:58:20 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 22, 2010, 08:51:09 PM
Like I don't know to this point? ;D ;D ;D

Haha, it might have been said here or there  :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: King Lordi on Jun 23, 2010, 06:16:22 AM

That part was stupid and cliche. Cinched for me AvP:R as one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Ogata881

Ogata881

I find both movies funny,but not on purpose funny.The first AvP i thought was slightly better as far as a complete movie goes.It's still a weak film,but there are good shots and scenes in it.
Anyway some of the funniest moments in both movies for me:
1.Lex and Sebastian laughing with no reason behind it,after the "hunter's moon" line.Probably they realized that their careers had just died.
2.Sebastian seeming to know every single thing about the pyramid and more.The bottle cap bit was an awful characterization.
3.Lex and her sexual tensions with Sebastian.Although not obvious right away,they are kinda there.Then Scar somehow takes Sebastian's place.
4.The first Alien/Predator battle was good,but the huge tail bit was a mistake.At first i thought it was the Queen doing it.Nothing like it has ever been in an Alien movie before.
5.The Scar predator and Alexa running from the impending explosion in slow motion near the end.
AvP R is an unintentional comedy in general:
1.The silly mother/daughter angle in tribute to the Ripley/Newt one from Aliens.
2.Teeny love dramas and the pool scene were horrific,but also laughable in the same time.
3.Wolf's behavior kicking doors and roaring just to show coolness.They had the camera on him for most of the film and they still blew it.
4.The dialogue and acting could make your day.
That's not all really.There is too much stuff here to be written.So,you see,you can always laugh while watching these movies.I guess that's their only positive.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

When you're laughing at them, that's not a good thing. Ever.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Nah, he's got a point. I mean, the only way I can get through Requiem is if I view it as a parody.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 23, 2010, 06:07:55 PM
Nah, he's got a point. I mean, the only way I can get through Requiem is if I view it as a parody.
I tried to do that, watched it with my brother and did a Mystery Theater 3000 thing. Lasted 40 minutes, then we went and washed dishes instead.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That wouldn't even get me through AvP because film thinks it's being serious.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 23, 2010, 06:09:06 PM
I tried to do that, watched it with my brother and did a Mystery Theater 3000 thing. Lasted 40 minutes, then we went and washed dishes instead.

Good man.  :D

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 23, 2010, 06:13:57 PM
That wouldn't even get me through AvP because film thinks it's being serious.

It is when the humans are on-screen. And then it's only serious in a B-movie kinda way.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 23, 2010, 06:09:06 PM

I did that with my brother when it was on TV. We went the distance. It was fun. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed