Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,852 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I think he knows that already.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2010, 08:14:34 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 21, 2010, 06:37:30 PM
Regardless of the future of this franchise we can at least look forward to good standalones...prehaps in the future someone will make AVP Redemption :P

Someone did. His name is Alex Popov.

That was the joke...haha I watched that and really enjoyed it. It was also a Red Dead Repemption reference. That's not the point though the point is any franchise can get turned around.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 21, 2010, 09:04:35 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2010, 08:14:34 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 21, 2010, 06:37:30 PM
Regardless of the future of this franchise we can at least look forward to good standalones...prehaps in the future someone will make AVP Redemption :P

Someone did. His name is Alex Popov.

That was the joke...haha I watched that and really enjoyed it. It was also a Red Dead Repemption reference since that game completely turned around the Red Dead franchise. That's not the point though the point is any franchise can get turned around.

cmc

cmc

I thought the story for AvP was so bad it made me angry, the whole ancient pyrimid thing and the predators teching humans to build them and "sacrifice" themselves as hosts.................f**kin' ridiculous, cheesy shite that completly wrecked the aliens back story and makes the nostromo inccident less important if AvP is to be takin seriously, "oh some spaceship ran into one alien? so what there was thousands of them running about some f**king pyrimids on earth thousands of years before" eugh!
Now alot of people seem to hate AvP(R) more for some reason, why? it was alot more interesting, alot less cheesy, and far more gory, I know the Predalien looked a bit silly but did no one else feel really creeped out when it inpregnated the woman in the hospital? like how people were creeped out seeing the facehugger on kanes face for the first time? I'm not saying AvP was a great film or anywere near as good as A L I E N, but it was ALOT better than the tripe that was the first AvP.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

You know, I had a thought recently. You know what the least forgivable aspect of the Requiem Alien design is? The fact that it uses the Newborn's stomach. Newborn designs should not be incorporated into regular Aliens. Ever.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: cmc on Jun 22, 2010, 02:57:48 PM
Now alot of people seem to hate AvP(R) more for some reason, why?
It is a mundane, idiot, pointless slasher flick.

it was alot more interesting,
Teen Drama and a damn corny town are more interesting than a group of researchers and an ancient Pyramid?

alot less cheesy,
Less? With an arm straight detaching from one's body like in the worst B-Movies, the almighty Octopus Man and oversized bugs.. No.

did no one else feel really creeped out when it inpregnated the woman in the hospital?
I'll describe you my reaction.
I pressed the "Stop" Button of my Remote.
I went to the bathroom, and something that was in my stomach before, exited from the mouth and went into the flusher.

like how people were creeped out seeing the facehugger on kanes face for the first time?
The two aren't comparable by any means.

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jun 22, 2010, 04:12:33 PM
The fact that it uses the Newborn's stomach.
What?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jun 22, 2010, 04:12:33 PM
You know, I had a thought recently. You know what the least forgivable aspect of the Requiem Alien design is? The fact that it uses the Newborn's stomach. Newborn designs should not be incorporated into regular Aliens. Ever.
The body design was the same as AVP's and A:R's

See?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Now that I see it, A:R has a more pronounced ribcage.
Plus it isn't really the same as there are little differences.
Not seeing again the "Newborn Stomach".

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 22, 2010, 04:29:20 PM
Now that I see it, A:R has a more pronounced ribcage.
Plus it isn't really the same as there are little differences.
For all intents and purposes, it's the same design

QuoteNot seeing again the "Newborn Stomach".

Same  ???

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

I know that A:R-Requiem Aliens have it, but it's easily the most pronounced and fleshy in Requiem. In AVP, it looks recessed and almost solid; Requiem Aliens look squishy.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I agree that it is fleshier than the others, but I still can't see how it remotely resembles the newborn.
Could you be more specific about this? I am interested.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Huh. My memory was skewed. When I went to go find pictures for comparison, I found that the Newborn didn't have the stomach I was thinking of. My mistake, I apologize.

Still, the stomach on Requiem looks pretty ridiculous.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Same as the AvP and Resurrection stomachs. If the head wasn't so bad, the whole creature could have looked better.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Only fleshier.
That picture doesn't do it right, but in other pictures it does.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Why does ADI insist upon using the same, horrible stomach design over and over?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed