RumorControl

Better in terms of quality?

Acting: AvP

Directing: AvP

Story: AvP

Creatures: AvP

Setting: AvP

Visibility: AvP

Really, Requiem got nothing right.  Even the best part of Requiem, the musical score, was nothing but a rip off of Horner's and Silvestri's work.

predator elite

predator elite

avp got it right for the alien side of things and avp=r got it right for the predator side of things thats
all I got

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteBetter in terms of quality?

Acting: AvP

Directing: AvP

Story: AvP

Creatures: AvP

Setting: AvP

Visibility: AvP

It's a sad, sad day when Paul Anderson is the lesser of two evils.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Many people would say that Requiem has the R rating over AVP. But to be brutally honest, the violence & gore in Requiem felt so damn forced and goofy that I'd take the PG-13 rating anyday.

To me the violence in AVP felt natural and was handled with style & craftsmanship. Sure it really sucked that it was watered down, but at least it didn't feel forced.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm pretty sure that if someone shot at your head with a plasma gun, it would explode too.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 10, 2008, 07:31:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that if someone shot at your head with a plasma gun, it would explode too.

but not goofy cgi blood.  and the originals never needed to be 'over the top' gorey, but avp-r was...

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 11, 2008, 09:05:42 AM

but not goofy cgi blood.  and the originals never needed to be 'over the top' gorey, but avp-r was...

i guess the strauses went over the top with gore, but it odes make up for the ridiculously small amount of it in avp
I mean come on! people hanging upside down? why not skin them?
Was Paul W anderson aiming for a 3 year old audience?
my friends 3 year old son laughed in avp.
and cried in avp-r - just what toddlers should be doing in a film featuring the scareist creatures of all time.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Apr 11, 2008, 09:11:52 AM

i guess the strauses went over the top with gore, but it odes make up for the ridiculously small amount of it in avp
and cried in avp-r - just what toddlers should be doing in a film featuring the scareist creatures of all time.

it takes good camera angles and suspence to hold on the gore, avp-r didnt and look what hapened...goofy guts flying everywhere...

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 11, 2008, 09:14:44 AM

it takes good camera angles and suspence to hold on the gore, avp-r didnt and look what hapened...goofy guts flying everywhere...

im just glad they took out those skinned predators. Because man, avp-r would have been a laughing stock if they left it in.
They looked like men hanging upside down with green jump suits on.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Apr 11, 2008, 09:19:04 AM

im just glad they took out those skinned predators. Because man, avp-r would have been a laughing stock if they left it in.

it still is a laughing stock...even the general public didnt like it...

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

they also expected to see a laughing stock after their reaction to the first avp,
if a third one came out, they will also come in to expect another mindless laughing stock,
thats why we need a good writer and director to prove them wrong.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Apr 11, 2008, 09:27:57 AM
they also expected to see a laughing stock after their reaction to the first avp,
if a third one came out, they will also come in to expect another mindless laughing stock,
thats why we need a good writer and director to prove them wrong.

thats what ive been trying to say!....good to hear you agree...

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Apr 11, 2008, 09:19:04 AM

I heard the unrated cut include's the skinned predator bodies hanging upside down behind Wolf in the crashed predator ship.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, I just saw the 'Unrated Edition' of AVP:R, and I can honestly say it's a much better film than the theatrical version we initially got. Very well done. Now, having said that, I must also say I still prefer AVP over it. I guess when all is said and done, it all boils down to the portrayal of the two species. I still have several gripes about it (as I still have gripes about the 1st film), but I enjoyed the unrated cut much better than the theatrical one. *thumbs up*

Also, I'm REALLY disappointed that quite a few of the ommited scenes I thought were being re-inserted in the unrated cut, were not. >:( Here I was thinking Fox was giving AVP:R's unrated cut the treatment the first AVP's unrated cut didn't get, when it got the exact same level of attention. lol So bummed. :( I guess that was rather foolish on my part. :-\

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Talking to all of my customers today, and seeing my stock of AvP-R sell out.
The general public loved AvP-R.
I even heard from a few people, that it totally reminded them of Aliens, and Predator 1.
I looked at most of them with a dumbfounded face most of the time, but I guess if they liked it, and we sold out... Then it must mean something...

But... We also sold out of In The Name of the King also...
But not Juno...

So maybe my community is full of idiots...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed