Bosses

Started by Hybrid King, Jan 11, 2013, 08:05:26 PM

Author
Bosses (Read 8,580 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: RaisingCane on Jan 14, 2013, 12:13:17 AM
Oh schnapp!  Well, it's just more proof that video game developers are way ahead of their time and that we should expect nothing less than a wholly original work of genius from Gearbox.

Yup.  And that's exactly what the boiler and crusher are...works of genius.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2013, 12:08:57 AM
You rang?

LOL

"Unidentified Creature..."

literally just have to glance a bit below to see "SUPER FACE HUGGER" appear on the hud.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 13, 2013, 11:54:47 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Jan 13, 2013, 11:39:38 PM
Prometheus universe =/= Alien universe.
So, f**k everything seen in Prometheus?

Sure.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hope to see some deacons running around the derelict.

SM

SM

Just to make The Runner whine more.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 14, 2013, 03:08:23 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2013, 12:08:57 AM
You rang?

LOL

"Unidentified Creature..."

literally just have to glance a bit below to see "SUPER FACE HUGGER" appear on the hud.

CANON!!!11!

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

There will hopefully be a boss battle with a gyarados that would be awesome!
in all seriousness however, I think a boss fight with an engineer would be fantastic! can't see it happening however.

Speedy_J

Speedy_J

W-Y hunting you down in a heavily armed ship, APC, or Power loader is what I'm expecting. Boss or not.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Do you think there'd be some human bosses? Or groups of super elite soldiers acting like ones?

szkoki

szkoki

dont care about bosses

queen, crusher, praetorian...maybe jockey alien....shouldnt have to be more than 1 big enemy ...i just loved the way how Resident Evil pulled this of with Nemesis and Dino Crisis with the T-rex....appearing several times from nowhere, creating suspence...maybe there could be situations wich considered as a "boss fight"....locked up in a room without a knife only and with a bunch of eggs or going through the hive alone, just running from the queen on a level...u know if u are in a team of ultimate badasses the most terrifying thing is when u end up alone, maybe evil corp guys throw u in a dark labirinth with an alien without armor wich is held there as an experiment and u can lock up doors or use ventshaft to hide

....but i would love to see a normal action scene against humans as an introducing level to the games and to your fellas in a fleshback maybe, Apone, Drake and the others can be there aswell :) ...at least in a dream in cryosleep

PFC Hudson

PFC Hudson

I have a feeling all the boss fights will be like Call of Duty. Every boss will be a quick time event followed by a cinematic death that you have no control over. It definitely won't be like Alien Trilogy where you would just unload all your ammo into a Queen until she fell over.

Queeny Pants

Queeny Pants

I'd be willing to settle for practically anything, as-long as its not a goddamn quick time event thing.
That would kill the entire feel and point of any sort of meaningful fight completely.

On a more serious note though, I hope we get one or two bits of variety? Something unexpected, that you never really saw coming.
It'd be interesting to say the least to see what they'd come up with.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

At some point we will have to fight Hick's Android!!!  :laugh:

Falk

Falk

Quote from: Spaghetti on Jan 12, 2013, 01:04:29 AM
That or a Queen Mother from the comics. 100 feet tall.

The hell are you on about. The no armed cricket thing was no bigger than a regular queen.

Yeah, that was the WORST design they could think of for a Supreme Alien boss monster.

The cricket antennae thing with no arms looked stupid/weak.

Logical implausibility aside, for the sake of a cool boss monster in a video game; IF there were some planet ruling caste of Alien It'd better look like Super badass, like you would think it was an Alien than used Godzilla for a host.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Falk on Jan 15, 2013, 06:49:01 PM
Quote from: Spaghetti on Jan 12, 2013, 01:04:29 AM
That or a Queen Mother from the comics. 100 feet tall.

The hell are you on about. The no armed cricket thing was no bigger than a regular queen.

Yeah, that was the WORST design they could think of for a Supreme Alien boss monster.

The cricket antennae thing with no arms looked stupid/weak.

Logical implausibility aside, for the sake of a cool boss monster in a video game; IF there were some planet ruling caste of Alien It'd better look like Super badass, like you would think it was an Alien than used Godzilla for a host.

Stick four arms on her and she would be awesome.  8)

Falk

Falk

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Jan 15, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

Stick four arms on her and she would be awesome.  8)

That would help.  The new Queen Mothers in Genocide had four. I'd even be happy if it had two arms like a normal adult Alien.

Get rid of the antennae, it looks silly.

Then make her a LOT bigger, more powerful, and now she would be a decent boss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed