Strause's Interview

Started by YutaniDitch, Jan 26, 2008, 05:28:04 PM

Author
Strause's Interview (Read 13,415 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Well, the latest interview from the Strause is out...

http://www.dwscifi.com/interviews/1451-colin-and-greg-strause-requiem-for-a-scream

Whatta ya think...?

I laughed a bit, especially the first answer there...' suspense and tension'...riiiight...!  :D

Darkness

Darkness

He was right. There was no suspense or tension in AvP.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 26, 2008, 05:29:59 PM
He was right. There was no suspense or tension in AvP.

Neither was there in AVPR...And whose fault was that...? :D ;)

I know there was no suspense and tension in AVP, but that coming from two directors who STILL didn't manage to make the sequel suspenseful and with tension, is a riot... ;)

WisePredator

WisePredator

QuoteHow would you describe the tone of the film?

Colin Strause: Intense.

:D

QuoteOne Predator against an army of Aliens seems like a more suspenseful battle than an army of Aliens against an army of Predators.

Colin Strause: Exactly, because the Predators would kill all of the Aliens. The Aliens would do some damage, of course, but the Predators would kill them all because they're such great warriors and their weapons are so good. That's why the Pred-Alien is such a great monster.

:-X

Only smilies can describe what they said.

brad873

brad873

you can realy see the bias in him

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: WisePredator on Jan 26, 2008, 05:45:44 PM
QuoteOne Predator against an army of Aliens seems like a more suspenseful battle than an army of Aliens against an army of Predators.

Colin Strause: Exactly, because the Predators would kill all of the Aliens. The Aliens would do some damage, of course, but the Predators would kill them all because they're such great warriors and their weapons are so good. That's why the Pred-Alien is such a great monster.

I ddint think their film was really intense but he was defently right on what he said about sending one predator, if only the alien fans would take it in because hes 100% correct.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: brad873 on Jan 26, 2008, 05:51:45 PM
you can realy see the bias in him

Him, who...? Colin...? OBVIOUSLY...

If there ever was any doubt Colin was a Predator fanboy, this shows it without any shred of a doubt...

And he STILL has no clue... about the obvious mistakes he made...

So one HERO Predator against hordes of Aliens is more suspenseful... yep, he has NO clue whatsoever... ::) :D

brad873

brad873

anyway, and army of aliens would probably beat the pred, high tech wepons or not, they adapt so fast i wouldnt be at all suprised if they became immune to plasma shots

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: brad873 on Jan 26, 2008, 05:59:07 PM
anyway, and army of aliens would probably beat the pred, high tech wepons or not, they adapt so fast i wouldnt be at all suprised if they became immune to plasma shots

And then be able to shoot them out of their ass, ok. I dont think he meant the amount in AVP when they got completley over run but packs of them.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: brad873 on Jan 26, 2008, 05:59:07 PM

I would not say immune, but they would clearly go in in force, and one or two or more would definitely slip through the net and get them... They are relentless fearless creatures... AVP's flashback shows it...the Predators on top of the pyramid were firing at them, and that didn't stop them at all from charging...

The Bros. failed and still fail to realise that with only one Predator, all battles up until the final one would inevitably gonna be biased and one-sided... But they 'didn't get the memo', it seems... ;D

PWA saw that problem in advance, hence why he wanted FIVE rather than the three he ended up having in the movie... Because that would give us many more fights, more unpredictable ones (even though nobody was expecting Grid to kill two Predators, that's for sure!  ;D)... :D ;)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: WisePredator on Jan 26, 2008, 05:45:44 PM

That's probably one of the dumbest things they've said.::)

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 26, 2008, 06:21:46 PM
Yeah, seriously, predators would get owned by the Giger Alien one on one.

Predators are supposed to get killed by the Aliens A LOT, you know why? Because they are the ultimate prey, and few have actually killed them.
Not according to this guy:
Tony | 26 Jan 2008 18:12

Let's hope they come back since they are true Predator fans. I hope they make the aliens look weak in AVP 3 like they really are. Nothing but mindless drooling freaks. Long live the Predators.

Forth comment on New Colin / Greg Interview. He speaks like a true Predaboy. :P :D

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteGreg Strause: Having one Predator in the film really increases the suspense because we establish a connection between him, Wolf, and the people in the town. They need each other. If he gets killed, they're all by themselves.

This made me LOL because as far as I'm concerned the humans (government) in this movie were the ones who ended up cleaning up the Predator's mess and they did it quickly and efficiently.  It also reminded me how a rag-tag bunch of survivors at the centre of town seemed to be holding off the "Alien menace" much more effectively than the National Guard did.  :D

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Jan 26, 2008, 06:43:04 PM
QuoteGreg Strause: Having one Predator in the film really increases the suspense because we establish a connection between him, Wolf, and the people in the town. They need each other. If he gets killed, they're all by themselves.

This made me LOL because as far as I'm concerned the humans (government) in this movie were the ones who ended up cleaning up the Predator's mess and they did it quickly and efficiently.  It also reminded me how a rag-tag bunch of survivors at the centre of town seemed to be holding off the "Alien menace" much more effectively than the National Guard did.  :D
Strause Bullshit No.1 article 1: Civilians from Gunnison, Colorado are more efficient than the National Guard, with weapons.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Jan 26, 2008, 06:43:04 PM

Yeah but how many did the predator kill without being cornered. If hed concentrated on the aliens rather than the pred alien Im sure he would have cleared the way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed