Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 19, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

There's a Engineer ship / Facility on Earth
17 (34.7%)
They found something somewhere close to Earth, like the moon, Mars, or the moons of Jupiter
12 (24.5%)
Space radio signal on alien DNA plus instructions (Species)
2 (4.1%)
They find AVP's Queen :laugh:
4 (8.2%)
It was a misunderstanding by the producer, and the series takes place after 1979's Alien
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series? (Read 19,596 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Aliens also follows the plot of Alien near bloody beat for beat.

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 11, 2023, 10:20:01 PMAliens also follows the plot of Alien near bloody beat for beat.
Gotta agree here. Seeing the double bill last month really shows it off. I hadn't watched them like that before, and the story beats are so similar.

David Weyland

Off topic but I find Cameron pulled off the same trick with T1 and T2; same beats just more bombastic

xenotaris

Quote from: Ingwar on May 11, 2023, 09:46:08 PMMoving from Lovecraftian-alike cosmic horror into action space thriller is radical but it was well executed.

But ALIENS didn't really change that much from ALIEN aside from horror to action-horror. The movie's core plot was still about humans struggling against the xenomorph. There was no radical plot change aside from style and pacing.

Hawley is shifting the focus away from the xenomorph (as well as rendering Ripley's quest moot before she was even born) and turn it into Blade Runner or something.

Ingwar

How do you know that? Have you read the script? We haven't even touched the surface of this series. We know nothing really.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 13, 2022, 03:54:38 PMIn the unlikely event that an alien actually makes a cameo between all the corporate intrigue and "exploration of what it means to be human" bullshit, I might glance at it.

Gimitko

I listened to a podcast interview with Hawley where he said he "wouldnt know what to do with just a bug hunt" and he aims to do a show that would still be compelling if all the genre stuff is removed from it. He has said similar stuff about Legion.

Local Trouble

SiL

I don't even watch shows I want to see.

xenotaris

Quote from: Ingwar on May 12, 2023, 06:37:05 PMHow do you know that? Have you read the script? We haven't even touched the surface of this series. We know nothing really.

No I haven't read the script, I am going off the scant leaked information we have as of now. I am not optimistic over the information that I have read. Maybe Hawley will pull a Ridley Scott and surprise us all, I doubt it though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: xenotaris on May 13, 2023, 07:29:04 AMMaybe Hawley will pull a Ridley Scott and surprise us all, I doubt it though.

Ridley Scott's surprises haven't gone down too well on here.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Don't be singling here out. Facebook is far more Neanderthal about it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2023, 06:32:41 PMDon't be singling here out. Facebook is far more Neanderthal about it.

Twitter is the worst. Can't do a Ridley Scott search without getting a bellyful of how he ruined the franchise.

Immortan Jonesy

He might be remembered among the filthy casuals as the ruthless executioner of Blomkalien5. But to many of us he is a hero 8)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 13, 2023, 08:16:16 PMHe might be remembered among the filthy casuals as the ruthless executioner of Blomkalien5. But to many of us he is a hero 8)

He is a hero, not the hero we deserved but the hero we needed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed