What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 45,891 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 04, 2024, 02:50:34 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2024, 07:39:15 PMI remember Ridley Scott referenced a Henry Fuseli painting in Covenant when the neomorph is eating the girl's body before Oram kills it.

The way Rosenthal's detached head spins in a fountain of blood is in itself very Gothic and poetic.

The only problem I had with that shot is that it's used numerous times and become a bit comical because of the repetition.

Immortan Jonesy

I wonder if there is this kind of symbolism & mythology in ℜ𝔬𝔪𝔲𝔩𝔲𝔰?

👁🍁👁👉👈

BigDaddyJohn

Possible but maybe with another form.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 04, 2024, 05:43:06 PMI wonder if there is this kind of symbolism & mythology in ℜ𝔬𝔪𝔲𝔩𝔲𝔰?

👁🍁👁👉👈

The Romulus/Remus interplay already seems to be planting some seeds there. I definitely don't expect Fede to approach it quite the same way Ridley does, and I think it'll be more on the peripheral/subtext rather than part of the forefront text like in the prequels, but I do fully expect to see a few embodiments of that particular myth take form in Romulus.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 04, 2024, 06:41:40 PMThe Romulus/Remus interplay already seems to be planting some seeds there. I definitely don't expect Fede to approach it quite the same way Ridley does, and I think it'll be more on the peripheral/subtext rather than part of the forefront text like in the prequels, but I do fully expect to see a few embodiments of that particular myth take form in Romulus.

When you look at that shot of the lab hatch, what's interesting is that the twins are placed in such a way, that when the hatch opens, they are "torn apart" which mirrors the schism that develops between them in the myth.

This shot is also reminiscent of Brett entering the landing gear bay.

Here we have Tuthankamen's temple/treasure chamber with bas relief Egyptian "hieroglyphics" set into the doors made from pipes and other technological bits and pieces.

As someone on here speculated, perhaps some kind of schism develops between the Remus and Romulus modules of the station. Perhaps the scientists from Romulus decides to kill those in Remus? Like Romulus did to his brother in the myth.

BigDaddyJohn

Is it me or does the wolf not look that much like a wolf ?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 04, 2024, 07:12:39 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 04, 2024, 06:41:40 PMThe Romulus/Remus interplay already seems to be planting some seeds there. I definitely don't expect Fede to approach it quite the same way Ridley does, and I think it'll be more on the peripheral/subtext rather than part of the forefront text like in the prequels, but I do fully expect to see a few embodiments of that particular myth take form in Romulus.

When you look at that shot of the lab hatch, what's interesting is that the twins are placed in such a way, that when the hatch opens, they are "torn apart" which mirrors the schism that develops between them in the myth.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKJEkz8XQAAaelW?format=jpg&name=900x900
This shot is also reminiscent of Brett entering the landing gear bay.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjVsSz_qEYBeSHgub4D3P_NMbrAYM9uW6EllJKMjNm6G58LeyfBa7FHQOykDmRvVRBzcI77DEz5sD5iBqN-KAO7CP2BFBCHLbAKRt_Pnd0XzsURvArNLcf4KNcXaec0va8Rg-QlTKJcLEc/s1600/garage1.jpg
Here we have Tuthankamen's temple/treasure chamber with bas relief Egyptian "hieroglyphics" set into the doors made from pipes and other technological bits and pieces.

As someone on here speculated, perhaps some kind of schism develops between the Remus and Romulus modules of the station. Perhaps the scientists from Romulus decides to kill those in Remus? Like Romulus did to his brother in the myth.

Maybe  ℜ𝔬𝔪𝔲𝔩𝔲𝔰 establishes the Alien at the level of Lucifer.

The Engineers are some bastard freak weirdos who found the pilots' technology.

And in that biomechanical world was the Shoggoth of the pilots; the truly ancient Xenomorph.

The Mala'kaks are three-dimensional medium angels and silico-based life forms.

They don't have legs and their technology can manipulate objects at a quantum level, generating exotic biochemical symbioses with non-living matter, such as metal structures.

The black pathogen is the weaponization of the Alien by the Engineers...In this civilization there was a subspecies / culture... who liked to modify their biology through genetic experimentation with black goo.

But how does the Alien really fit into the Romulus & Reno🏹🏛? 

🤔???

Slutty Badger

Believe it or not, there is in-universe conjecture that the Engineers possibly based their technology on a higher race, a species that actually has the biology reflected in the Engineers' helmets and architecture.

Komenja

If Romulus has a Queen, I will shit bricks of solid unobtanium.

BigDaddyJohn

I think it's pretty unlikely.

Komenja

Probably, but one can dream!

Nightmare Asylum

Hawley will put a Queen in the basement of Prodigy's headquarters, right across the hall from the Cross that the Jesus Enginner was nailed to.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 04, 2024, 08:19:16 PMBelieve it or not, there is in-universe conjecture that the Engineers possibly based their technology on a higher race, a species that actually has the biology reflected in the Engineers' helmets and architecture.

In-universe conjecture in the movies?

E. Shaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2024, 08:27:05 PMMaybe other paintings will be referenced in Romulus, although I suspect it's less Alvarez's thing.

He may include it since its a tradition in the mythos.

SiL

SiL

It's less tradition and more what particular directors like doing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed