Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,194 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Truman Show

The Dirty Dozen

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Singin' In The Rain (1952, Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen)

Getting to see this on the big screen tonight was one of those experiences that just goes to reinforce to me just how much I actually love movies.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 11, 2022, 02:57:03 AM
Singin' In The Rain (1952, Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen)

Getting to see this on the big screen tonight was one of those experiences that just goes to reinforce to me just how much I actually love movies.
That was one of my favourite films as a kid.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Prez on Apr 10, 2022, 01:03:25 PM
Star Trek TPM in glorious restored 4K on Paramount+

My goodness that intro with the Klingons approaching V'Ger has never looked better. What really impressed me though was the sound - WOW - I heard things I've never heard before in the score and even background noises (and I don't even have any fancy sound setup).

The Enterprise (still the most beautiful ship ever and this refit in particular too which is my all time fave) leaving the star dock is just stunning.

Star Trek The Motion Picture - Directors Cut (1979)
Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan - Directors Cut (1982)
Star Trek III - The Search for Spock (1984)
Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home (1986)
Star Trek V - The Final Frontier (1989)
Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country (1991)

After reading Perez's post I decided to have a Star Trek marathon as it has been a while since I've watched any of the Star Trek movies.  Really enjoyed revisiting these movies after so long.  About to start the Picard movies.  I used to watch Star Trek movies a lot when I was a kid.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Den of Thieves

An even more brazen Heat knock-off than The Town (it begins with an armoured car heist and its centrepiece action sequence is a hyper-realistic shootout on city streets). The major twist is that that the cop hunting the bad guys is even more of a dick than they are.

As blatant as it is, I feel like this was far more enjoyable than it has any right to be. Gerard Butler was on top form, and despite chewing the scenery like a starving man who's been handed a plate of bacon, he somehow managed to stay just about on the right side of ludicrous throughout. Pablo Schreiber was also solid as the leader of the crew Butler's trying to take down. And to be fair, I didn't see the plot twist at the end coming.

21 Bridges

Another modern cops n' robbers thriller that takes more than a little influence from Heat. Notable for being one of Chadwick Bozeman's last movies. Again, it wasn't especially original or nuanced, but I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it. The cast were all on point, it again featured a bunch of great shootouts and there was just enough intrigue to keep me engaged until the end.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Apr 14, 2022, 10:48:51 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 10, 2022, 01:03:25 PM
Star Trek TPM in glorious restored 4K on Paramount+

My goodness that intro with the Klingons approaching V'Ger has never looked better. What really impressed me though was the sound - WOW - I heard things I've never heard before in the score and even background noises (and I don't even have any fancy sound setup).

The Enterprise (still the most beautiful ship ever and this refit in particular too which is my all time fave) leaving the star dock is just stunning.

Star Trek The Motion Picture - Directors Cut (1979)
Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan - Directors Cut (1982)
Star Trek III - The Search for Spock (1984)
Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home (1986)
Star Trek V - The Final Frontier (1989)
Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country (1991)

After reading Perez's post I decided to have a Star Trek marathon as it has been a while since I've watched any of the Star Trek movies.  Really enjoyed revisiting these movies after so long.  About to start the Picard movies.  I used to watch Star Trek movies a lot when I was a kid.

How good do they look and sound!!! I miss this kind of Star Trek.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ghostbusters

Semi-Pro

Val

Stitch

Stitch

Psycho II

Never seen it before. Surprisingly good. Story  managed to throw me off and I didn't see the ending coming. Well, not all of it, anyway.

Kradan

Kradan

Prometheus

SiL

SiL

The Cell

How did this get made? Imagine pitching that today. Beautiful film and JLo honestly isn't bad in it.

Stitch

Stitch

Just came back from the cinema after watching X.

Wow. What a great film. It's a brilliant highbrow lowbrow horror, in that it's smart enough to know when to be dumb.

Both I and my girlfriend found it hilarious, but I'm not sure that everyone else in the screening was on the sake wavelength. There's already a prequel on the way, and I'll be there to see it!

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 15, 2022, 06:17:52 PM
Psycho II

Never seen it before. Surprisingly good. Story  managed to throw me off and I didn't see the ending coming. Well, not all of it, anyway.

I've still not watched this one, always meant to. Never saw any of the other Exorcists movies either...they've always been on my "I'll get around to it" list...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Polka King

"You're no beauty queen, you look like your father!"

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

The Bubble (2/5)

You'd think with the amount of decent actors and comedians for a movie that it'd be good...yeah, not this one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Killer Inside Me (1976)

Stacy Keach does a great job, but the movie itself isn't very good. Especially when the main character lets his dark side out and the corniest, shittiest sound effects and music play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed