Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,653 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Darkest Hour (2/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Black Widow

I was pretty skeptical of this, but I ended up really liking it.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Alien.

The film is a masterpiece of suspense and horror. I am really considering amending my favorite list to replace Aliens as my favorite Xeno film to Alien.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 15, 2021, 09:44:38 PM
Alien.

The film is a masterpiece of suspense and horror. I am really considering amending my favorite list to replace Aliens as my favorite Xeno film to Alien.

I've continually swapped between these two as my fav for the past 35 years  ;D

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Réalité (aka Reality) (2014)
Another weird one from Quentin Dupieux (Rubber, Wrong Cops, Deerskin).
Only not as funny, intriguing or entertaining. Still kudos for being strange and original as always.

Alien.

It's what happened to me over the years.
Over time the single xeno in Alien is more appealing than a nest of them, screeching and running on all fours.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ghost and the Darkness

I actually rather liked this, even if I chuckled at Stephen Hopkins giving the lions Predator vision. :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Watched Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi back to back

Is it me or does Han and Leia bitching at the beginning of Empire feels a bit forced ? I mean. where is that coming from, they seem almost antagonistic towards each other ?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 16, 2021, 07:22:50 AM
Watched Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi back to back

Is it me or does Han and Leia bitching at the beginning of Empire feels a bit forced ? I mean. where is that coming from, they almost antagonistic towards each other ?

Carrying that tension over from ANH. Not much to do in the snow ya know  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 16, 2021, 02:22:16 AM
It's what happened to me over the years.
Over time the single xeno in Alien is more appealing than a nest of them, screeching and running on all fours.

But they're not running on all fours - they climb and jump from wall to wall and you can see almost none of them clearly. And they screech when they get shot - Big Chap did the same when Ripley impaled him with harpoon gun.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Furious 7

So I hadn't seen this one before just now, and I'll say that for the most part, it's really damn good. I'm all about the action getting as big and crazy as it possibly can, even if I did call bullshit on Paul Walker putting up any kind of fight against Tony Jaa. :laugh: And storywise, this and the last movie both took what could have been a corny as hell soap opera with Letty's amnesia, but did a really damn good job with it. And they took what could have been a huge problem with Walker's death and really made it one of the best parts of the movie.

I will say though that they didn't make very good use of Jason Statham. It feels like they wrote thirty pages of a straightforward Vin vs Statham movie, ran out of ideas, and then threw in the whole Kurt Russell/satellite plot to pad the movie out to two hours. And yes, Statham should have just been The Transporter, would have made his subsequent face turn easier to swallow, at any rate.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Prez on Jul 16, 2021, 01:24:27 AM
Alien.

I've continually swapped between these two as my fav for the past 35 years  ;D

I an glad to know that's normal. That I am not alone in swapping them as a fav. :)

Prez

Prez

Revenge of the Sith
My little girls couldn't stop laughing at Windu's demise.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Prez on Jul 17, 2021, 12:46:29 AM
Revenge of the Sith
My little girls couldn't stop laughing at Windu's demise.

It was a pathetic end to one of the coolest Jedi of the Prequels.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Possessor Uncut

f**k.  :o

Huggs

Huggs

Inherit The Wind (2.5/5)

Braveheart (3.5/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed