Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,562 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As a scene it's interesting and really well shot.

What I can't abide is the fact it stops the movie in its tracks for what seems like an hour right when it's starting to ratchet up the tension for the finale.

Huggs

Huggs

The only scene I really like from the redux is the board stealing scene.

"Incoming"!  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 23, 2020, 12:03:47 AM
The only scene I really like from the redux is the board stealing scene.

"Incoming"!  :laugh:

Or the bit when they are hiding and you can hear Kilgore on the megaphone pleading for his board. Hahahaha.

Huggs

Huggs

"you know how hard it is to find a board that you like!"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I first heard about the plantation scene from Danny Boyle on his 28 Days Later commentary, years before I ever saw Apocalypse Now.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 23, 2020, 12:49:27 PM
"you know how hard it is to find a board that you like!"

;D

426Buddy

426Buddy

Starship Troopers

Watched this in theaters when I was 12 and a million times on vhs. Haven't seen it in a while but it's still f*cking awesome, this movie is another Verhoeven classic, would you like to know more?

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 23, 2020, 04:20:16 PM
Starship Troopers

Watched this in theaters when I was 12 and a million times on vhs. Haven't seen it in a while but it's still f*cking awesome, this movie is another Verhoeven classic, would you like to know more?

Love that movie

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Starship Troopers

So @$%:^#$%

$%^&*%% good!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 23, 2020, 06:18:19 PM
Starship Troopers

Love that movie

While the RTS game "Starcraft" may count as a Warhammer 40k ripoff, the Protoss from that game seems to be loosely based on the Skinnies from the Starship Trooper novel (oh yeah and the grey aliens pluss the Eldar from 40k).

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 23, 2020, 07:53:27 PM
So @$%:^#$%

https://i.imgur.com/Yv3ZcjT.gif?noredirect

$%^&*%% good!

That gif is awesome  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Castle Freak

Pretty solid horror film, better than the usual Full Moon tripe.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 23, 2020, 11:11:07 PM
I haven't seen Starship Troopers in a long ass time.

This long?

Spoiler
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

The Towering Inferno

And they've got OJ and Wagner running loose too.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

The Shape of Water
The cinematography, art design, music and atmosphere was beautiful for this movie. But I had a hard time with some of the story, or lack there off. The jump from her finding the creature to loving it, felt rushed and could've used more build up. The facility they were in was never expanded on and how the maids walked around willingly with no supervision was hard to comprehend. (Yes, I know it's a movie about a creature who falls in love.)

I've enjoyed all of Del Toros movies but felt this one missed the emotional part that it was trying to convey, which was disappointing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed