Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,436 times)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Watched Underwater and I was very surprised with how much I liked it. Of course I went in with low expectations, which might have helped.

Nothing terribly new but had several elements reminiscent of Aliens thrown in the mix.

The creatures were great looking and the end monster was a surprise, I'd definitely recommend it!

Huggs

Huggs

Apocalypse Now

Janek

Janek

Huggs you sure like to watch movies.

Dawn of the planet of the apes.

Looking forward to watch the last one.

Huggs

Huggs

I usually just watch chunks of them, and I forward through all the boring parts.

I can fit 3 movies in 1 films runtime.

Janek

Janek

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 21, 2020, 10:46:36 PM
I usually just watch chunks of them, and I forward through all the boring parts.

I can fit 3 movies in 1 films runtime.

At least it's a very efficient use of time.  ;)

Huggs

Huggs

The Alien movies though, I don't dare skip a single frame. That's sacrilege.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 21, 2020, 11:04:16 PM
The Alien movies though, I don't dare skip a single frame. That's sacrilege.

If I found out you were skipping Drake, we wouldn't be able to be friends anymore.

Huggs

Huggs

Theatrical

The extra footage just drags the film down big time, imo.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The horror....

Huggs

Huggs

It has a face

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I love some of the extensions in the Redux, but hate others. I feel like the perfect cut is somewhere between the two.

SiL

SiL

That's what the Final Cut is supposed to be. I got it for Christmas but still haven't watched. Things like the French plantation are in, but severely reduced from their bloated forms in the Redux.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Having had a look at a comparison of what's different in the new cut, it seems as though he's taken out all the additions I liked and left in the ones I didn't :laugh:

For me, the best version would essentially be the Redux sans the plantation scene, which absolutely kills the pacing in the final third. Maybe a few other trims here and there.

Prez

Prez

See I actually enjoy the plantation scene ... it's such a out of left field diversion though and I totally get the arguments against it too.

I remember when I first saw it thinking was this just an acid trip hallucination and Willard wakes up on the boat drifting down the track. One could argue the film feels like that at times as a whole as the boat trip slowly descends more and more deeper and darker into madness.

I think I'll give the Final Cut a watch this weekend.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed