Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,472 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Terminator Dark Fate.

Probably the best of the sequels after T2. Great to see Sarah Connor again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A very well done, very tense war movie, and the one long take gimmick is pretty damn cool.

The Lighthouse

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Stars And Bars (1988)
Starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Harry Dean Stanton, Will Patton and other familiar faces.
Not sure what I watched. It involved a painting though.

The Host (2006)
Cool Korean horror-thriller. Too bad the sequel never happened.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 15, 2020, 11:39:54 PM
The Lighthouse

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy's Hand

It's got it's problems but is overall an enjoyable B movie. And the frame by frame blacking out of the mummy's eyes is super creepy. Also, I love how the evil high priest spends all this time sending out the mummy to kill everyone, and then right at the end he just pulls out a f**king gun to deal with the comedy relief sidekick. :laugh:

The Mummy's Tomb

Yeah, this one isn't nearly as good. Leaving aside the weird timeline (it takes place 30 years after the first, which was set in 1940, yet apparently WWII is still going on!), it's mainly just kind of dull. Also, it's only an hour long, yet opens with 12 minutes of recap, and the angry mob at the end is mostly stock footage from the original Frankenstein. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Dracula: Dead And Loving It (3/5)

"Out I said!"

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Chopper (2000)
Early Eric Bana movie. If it was Russell Crowe, this would be his Romper Stomper.
Cool Aussie flick. Watched this years ago but it's better than I remembered.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I remember that being really good.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 17, 2020, 02:22:26 AM
Dracula: Dead And Loving It (3/5)

"Out I said!"

My favorite comedy of all time. :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy's Ghost

It's not great, but it's better than the last one and there's little to no stock footage this time. And the ending is refreshingly bleak and nihilistic. Also, the main character's dog is ten times more competent and heroic than he is. :laugh:

The Mummy's Curse

And the series ends with a damp fart, which is set in Louisiana despite the last two being set in Massachusetts. Also, there's been a twenty-five year time jump, so this one has to take place in the mid-to-late 90s. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Tammy And The T-Rex (1994)
"A teen (Denise Richards) learns that an evil scientist implanted the brain of Michael (Paul Walker), her dead boyfriend , into an animatronic dinosaur."
Not great, but not bad for this type of movie  :D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Gladiator

Great movie, but parts of it have frame rate dips right out of a pre-patch Bethesda game.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Lighthouse (2019) 4/5

At first I thought this would be a fictional take on a historical tragedy, just like the Franklin's lost expedition (1845), which inspired a book (2007) and then a TV adaptation courtesy of Scott Free Productions, specifically first season of The Terror (2018). I tell you this because there was a mysterious disappearance of three keepers in 1900; Flannan Isles Lighthouse, Scotland. But no, and while the film may have been vaguely inspired by that real-life event; this is another story. In fact I think part of the movie is inspired by the work of Edgar Allan Poe instead.

I enjoyed it for the most part. I had some problems with the pacing. There was substance though. And it is thanks to that atmosphere, and tension. It mostly worked for me. I'd say that it is not a pretentious story, and is far from being a shallow tale. Both Pattinson and Dafoe were amazing in their acting. I liked when the characters were looking and posing for the camera. I felt it like when you're watching a theatrical work instead of a film. I was already waiting for a narrator. But the silence, the sound of the sea and the creepy music were more than enough. I absolutely loved.

Yes. Robert Pattinson's character was insane as f**k, but within his own madness, there was a maze of threads that could be interpreted in one or more ways: was the one-eyed gull the ghost of Thomas Wake's former companion? Ephraim Winslow himself ended up losing an eye. Or what about the visions? Maybe not only creatures are hallucinations, but also Thomas Wake chasing him with an ax; Is it all a nightmare? I think this is the way you should adapt something like "At the Mountains of Madness". Maybe not in a literal way, but it is certainly worth borrowing the positive aspects of this psychological thriller, especially when it comes to madness and atmosphere, and again, I really dig it and that's it. 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Gerard Butler did a movie about the Flannan Isles Lighthouse. I've not seen it but it might be worth checking out.

The inspirations for the Eggers film are an unfinished Poe story and the Smalls Lighthouse Incident, but is largely its own thing.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 19, 2020, 05:51:27 AM
Gerard Butler did a movie about the Flannan Isles Lighthouse. I've not seen it but it might be worth checking out.

The inspirations for the Eggers film are an unfinished Poe story and the Smalls Lighthouse Incident, but is largely its own thing.

Interesting! I'll give it a try when I get some time.

Edit: It's me, and my dirty imagination, or Willem Dafoe's character went up to the lantern room almost naked to masturbate? much like Pattinson's character doing the same thing while looking at the mermaid-shaped scrimshaw. :laugh: 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Underwater

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed