Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 851,866 times)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)
A movie that takes its sweet time to get to the point. It's about Leo and his stuntman Brad and the stuff they have to deal with in Hollywood in the 60's. Leo's career is going down the drain and Brad is forced to drive him around from job to job and do other meaningless chores. Then we have Sharon Tate who's enjoying her movie star life. There's also the Manson family cult who live on an old movie ranch. Leo gives us another phenomenal, Oscar worthy performance. Brad Pitt was great too. Margot Robbie was okay as Sharon Tate. Al Pacino's role basically is an extended cameo. The movie gets more tense when the Manson cult finally gets into the picture and the final 30 minutes is another hilarious piece of history rewriting like QT showed us before in Inglourious Basterds. But it really could've been trimmed down by a good thirty minutes. I love QT's slower paced movies like Jackie Brown and The Hateful Eight, but the problem I have with this movie is that the interesting parts are few and far between. Especially in the first hour I was dozing off a few times. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is not a bad movie at all, but it's certainly not his best either. 7.5/10

The Beach Bum (2019)
A stoner comedy where they forgot to put in the comedy. Matthew McConaughey plays washed up hippie writer Moondog who's wasting his days with drugs, booze and women. For some strange reason everyone loves this asshole so he gets away with almost everything he does. When his rich wife dies in a car accident his estranged daughter orders him to write a new book before he gets access to the money she left him. I'm not a fan of Korine's movies, although I liked Spring Breakers. His film does look great thanks to cinematographer Benoit Debie and the music is spot on too. McConaughey does the best with what he gets, but he's not a likable character. Zac Efron also does a good job portraying a violent pyromaniac. The less said about Snoop Dogg, Martin Lawrence and Jonah Hill the better. They are terrible. If you want a fun stoner comedy you're better off watching The Big Lebowski, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Pineapple Express. The Beach Bum is a movie about unlikable characters being the worst human beings they can be all day. 5/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mask of Zorro

A truly excellent adventure movie. And goddamn, that horseback chase scene. 8)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The first Banderas one? Love that movie.

Sequel's ass though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Fantastic sequel. Shame we never got the trilogy ender. We got the s**t reboot instead

Machete
Fantastic. What a cast. Machete dont Text

Dreamscape (1984)
An interesting film. You can tell Nolan had taken inspiration for this when making Inception. Just wish more was done with the central idea rather than the Black Ops stuff

Night of the Demons (1987)
I'd never seen this one before. I'd only even seen number 3 also known as Demon House, which it turns out was a remake of this one based on the plot. Stylistically close to Return of the Living Dead and features an end credits song that doesnt suit the tone of the movie at all

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 19, 2019, 07:45:14 AM
The first Banderas one? Love that movie.

Sequel's ass though.

Yep, that's the one. I never bothered with the sequel, truth be told.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Tough and Deadly (1995)
Fun action comedy starring Billy Blanks and Roddy Piper. The main plot gets forgotten about for a good 20 minutes stretch in the middle lol. And i'd forgotten how suddenly Action films at the time just end lol

Hamburger: The Motion Picture (1986)
So not what i expected and all the better for it. I was thinking it was gonna be like Porkies, but its more like Police Academy. Some great visual gags as well

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Shazam!

That was a blast.  The pacing was a bit off in places, but overall, really good, fun superhero movie

Huggs

Huggs

Django Unchained (4/5)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Prom Night (1980)
The pace was off, but it was a fun film. The ending was too sudden though and people just disappeared

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Expendables - A hell of a lotta fun

Expendables 2 - The most preposterous movie in existence, but also unrivaled in its awesomeness

Expendables 3 - Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas steal the show

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
I really enjoyed this. Its a great film, although my only gripes are that it has to jump to get to the end and how Bruce Lee is portrayed, although that could just be how Pitt's character remembers the situation

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Hostage to the Devil

Pretty onesided "documentary" about a charlatan exorcist, who made a killing writing books about his adventures and his "craft".

Would be more interessting if most of the people getting interviewed about him weren't also charlatans and fangirls and -boys of him.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ready or Not

Very, very good for the most part, with a great balance of comedy and thriller elements. I do think it slightly trips up at the end regarding the direction a certain character takes, though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Aug 21, 2019, 09:25:54 PMExpendables - A hell of a lotta fun

Expendables 2 - The most preposterous movie in existence, but also unrivaled in its awesomeness

First one's decent but nothing like as good as it really should've been.

Seconds one's much better but hurt by the fact the first ten minutes are by far the best bit of the entire movie.

Third one was pretty crap, although Banderas was ace.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 22, 2019, 07:50:31 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Aug 21, 2019, 09:25:54 PMExpendables - A hell of a lotta fun

First one's decent but nothing like as good as it really should've been.

Seconds one's much better but hurt by the fact the first ten minutes are by far the best bit of the entire movie.

Third one was pretty crap, although Banderas was ace.

Those movies were such a missed opportunity.
Wish they would've gone with a smaller crew, more violence, and that the violence was similar to the last Rambo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed