Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,593 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 14, 2019, 06:29:06 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 14, 2019, 05:54:31 PM'Oh I'm sorry Jonny I forgot you were there... You may go now.'

Took me so long to realise that was Billy Bob Thornton.

He was a heavier guy back then

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Triple Frontier

Really enjoyed this for the most part. Book ending with two Metallica songs was certainly a high point. This apparently went through quite a lot of development hell, and I'm curious as to what Chandor changed in the script, since supposedly at least one actor walked from the movie over that. And who was Tom Hanks attached to play, Affleck's character? That would have been interesting territory for him to explore.

And now I'm wondering what Mark Boal's Uncharted script was like. Maybe a bit too dark, heh.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 15, 2019, 02:38:50 AM
Triple Frontier

Really enjoyed this for the most part. Book ending with two Metallica songs was certainly a high point. This apparently went through quite a lot of development hell, and I'm curious as to what Chandor changed in the script, since supposedly at least one actor walked from the movie over that. And who was Tom Hanks attached to play, Affleck's character? That would have been interesting territory for him to explore.

And now I'm wondering what Mark Boal's Uncharted script was like. Maybe a bit too dark, heh.

He actually changed quite a bit in the script. There's a bit more in the opening scene, the planning process for the heist is longer, and the third act is a bit different. Plus a major death in the film is changed completely. I think Chandor ultimately made the better changes though. This movie had Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp, Casey Affleck, Tom Hardy, Channing Tatum, and Mahershala Ali at one point of another. Katheryn Bigelow was the original director as well.

Huggs

Huggs

The Abyss

Thor: Ragnarock

Gonna watch Tombstone tonight.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 15, 2019, 10:47:44 PM
The Abyss

Michael Biehn, Thor, and Michael Biehn again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Biehn should be in Thor 4.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hey, you're finally giving the whole movie a go!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 15, 2019, 11:02:37 PM
The Abyss

Technically. But it's primarily fueled by Ed Harris power.

Ed Harris power is absolute.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 15, 2019, 11:16:18 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 15, 2019, 11:02:37 PM
The Abyss

Technically. But it's primarily fueled by Ed Harris power.

Ed Harris power is absolute.

Not as absolute as Biehn Power.

Huggs

Huggs

Biehn did the "young tough guy" thing good. The young grunt. The scrawny dude that could still hold his own. He had a special presence. He will always be Sarge.

Ed Harris has always been Ed Harris.

Ed Harris is America.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2019, 12:00:08 AM
Biehn did the "young tough guy" thing good. The young grunt. The scrawny dude that could still hold his own. He had a special presence. He will always be Sarge.

He makes scrawny look good.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Core

Stupid as hell and scientifically all wrong, but pretty entertaining all the same. Stanley Tucci playing a douchey Carl Sagan wannabe helps. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Got a wild hair and watched Krampus.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 16, 2019, 05:03:27 AM
The Core

Stupid as hell and scientifically all wrong, but pretty entertaining all the same. Stanley Tucci playing a douchey Carl Sagan wannabe helps. :laugh:

It's a fun movie in its own way. And yeah, Tucci was a full blown jerk in that one.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2019, 05:09:15 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 16, 2019, 05:03:27 AM
The Core

It's a fun movie in its own way. And yeah, Tucci was a full blown jerk in that one.  :laugh:

"And what if the core is made of cheese?" That and his math always being wrong were hilarious. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
One of the better high school movies.
Starring Jennifer Jason Leigh, Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker, Phoebe Cates,...

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2019, 05:09:15 AM
Got a wild hair and watched Krampus.

Do you like it?
I find it overrated. Best Krampus movie (that's not really a Krampus movie) is Rare Exports.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed