Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 851,841 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Wolverine

I've always said I'm not all that big on superheroes, especially the ones with fantastical powers or abilities, but Jackman is just so good as Wolverine he's an exception to that rule. I really like this one, partly because it feels kinda different, partly because it's a genuine sequel to X-Men: Last Stand, which - deep breath - is my favourite of the franchise by far :P

Mission: Impossible

Not seen the first of these for ages. It's amazing how much more low-key it is compared to the entries since. Great twisty-turny thriller with one hell of a final set piece.

Mission: Impossible 2

So yeah, this is a pretty rubbish M:I film, and really patchy in general, but there's no denying the final 20 minutes are gloriously insane. It's by no means John Woo's best work, even if you limit yourself to considering only his American productions, but I'll always take the time to see him going all-out with a Hollywood budget. Plus Hans Zimmer's score during the biolab shootout might be one of his best ever cues.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The Wolverine renders TLS worthwhile, an accomplishment itself.

First Blood

First Blood

The Expendables 3 (2014)

Some pretty awful CGI aside, I like this entry in the series. It maybe not be as down and dirty as the first film, nor as insanely fun as the second but it delivers. Particularly at the end when the film is throwing an entire army at our band of heroes.

What about the Hague?

I am the Hague.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Cherry Falls (2000)
Above average Scream clone with a young Brittany Murphy being hunted by a killer who only kills virgins. It's well acted and a fun watch, but it could've done with a bit more humor. 6.5/10

The Age Of Shadows (2016)
Jee-woon Kim is one my favorite directors and again he made a great movie. This time it's about the Korean resistance movement in the late 1920's, smuggling bombs to cause damage to the Japanese oppressors. In the beginning it was a bit confusing, but after that everything becomes clear and you're treated to a fantastic movie. The acting is great, it looks amazing and the soundtrack was excellent as well. Highly recommended, even if you don't like period pieces. 8.5/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Captain Marvel

I really enjoyed this. It was a lot fun and had some heart to it. Carol was great, honestly, and Fury was awesome and badass. Him and the cat were in serious danger of stealing the show. My only complaints are that a couple of action scenes are badly edited, one song choice is pretty iffy (but nothing compared to the iffy song choice in f**king Death Note), and Annette Benning really phoned it in.

#BetterThanBlackPanther #ComeAtMeBro

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 10, 2019, 06:54:58 PMAnnette Benning really phoned it in.

What? Seeing her in this film, I got the impression that she was really enjoying herself and got to ham it up a bit.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 10, 2019, 06:32:04 PM
The Expendables 3 (2014)

Some pretty awful CGI aside, I like this entry in the series. It maybe not be as down and dirty as the first film, nor as insanely fun as the second but it delivers. Particularly at the end when the film is throwing an entire army at our band of heroes.

What about the Hague?

I am the Hague.

Gibson rocks as a villain.  Antonio Banderas is the best part of the movie

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Guardians of the Galaxy - Great! ;D
Captain Marvel - Not so great. :-\

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Chronicle

Nice Nostromo shirt during the climax. And this is still really good.  I hope Trank's Al Capone movie works out.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Captain Marvel
A lot of fun and better than i was expecting. The Stan Lee tribute was brilliant, it got a round of applause in my IMAX 3D screening. Jackson, Mendelson and Goose very nearly steal the whole film. The editing in the fights could have been better as it got a bit confusing

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Dark Tower

Or as it should be called, How to take a runny dump all over one of the best book series ever created

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 13, 2019, 10:16:36 AM
The Dark Tower

Or as it should be called, How to take a runny dump all over one of the best book series ever created

They should have done a previous draft

Still have an idea for a sequel mind and how to sort it out lol

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 13, 2019, 01:55:21 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 13, 2019, 10:16:36 AM
The Dark Tower

They should have done a previous draft

Still have an idea for a sequel mind and how to sort it out lol

I really disagreed with the casting of Idris Elba as Roland, it didn't make sense given the events of Drawing of the Three, but because they ignored the books completely, it didn't matter, and he turned out to be the best part of the movie.

What's your idea?

Huggs

Huggs

Fellowship of the ring: extended edition Blu-ray

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've not watched those films for ages, but last time I did the CGI somehow looked better than the much more recent Hobbit movies. Anyway, love that trilogy. Pretty much flawless all-round. Don't think I've seen the theatrical cuts since the cinema.

Maybe Jenny and I can do a rewatch once we're done with the last season of Game of Thrones, to hold us over until the new one starts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed