Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,666 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Rock

It's been an age since I last watched this. Whatever crap he may have turned out in recent years, there's really no denying Michael Bay hit this one out of the park. Definitely vies with Air Force One for the title of best Die Hard rip-off ever made. The entire cast is good, but special props go to Michael Biehn, for managing to make an impression with only a few minutes' screentime, Ed Harris, for playing the thing so damn straight no matter how OTT everything around him gets, and Sean Connery, for f*cking the prom queen. Hats off to Hans Zimmer and Nick Glennie-Smith too, for turning in a score far better than even this movie deserves.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Devil's Rejects
The Lords of Salem

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

How good is The Witch? God damn.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Get Carter

I really like how this film doesn't even try to make Michael Caine seem like a nice guy. He's just an arsehole in a sea of scumbags.

Play Misty for Me

Great directorial debut from Clint Eastwood. I love these psychological thriller films.

Huggs

Huggs

Max Payne.

Not as bad as I remembered. Olga Kurylenko was beyond stunning in this.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've always thought that was a decent film, just a bad Max Payne film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Nov 02, 2018, 01:30:03 AM
How good is The Witch? God damn.

I know right. Worth the wait

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 02, 2018, 09:27:29 AM
... Olga Kurylenko was beyond stunning in this.

;D ;D ;D ;D

MudButt

MudButt

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night and couldn't understand why so many critics hated it.

I'll say this, you can definitely tell the surviving members of Queen who were involved with this movie definitely didn't want to portray themselves in a negative light. They come out as pretty squeaky clean compared to how they portray Freddie Mercury. You know a band this popular in the 60s, 70s, and 80s were out being rock stars. Another negative is the streamline of all the events in the history of Queen. I know it's a movie and it's hard to get decades of history in a 2 hour movie so I won't knock it too much for that.

To the positives, Rami Malek is great as Mercury. The rest of the casting for the band is great also. The musical scenes are riveting and the final scene at Live Aid gave me chills. You forget how many hits Queen made and what a legacy they left behind. It's not an original biopic of course, they hit the beats of the usual musical biopics but it's the acting that really elevates this movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Phantasm - Remastered

"Warning shots are bullshit!" 8)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MudButt on Nov 02, 2018, 06:10:32 PMSaw Bohemian Rhapsody last night and couldn't understand why so many critics hated it.

Critics have always hated Queen for some reason.

They savaged the We Will Rock You show when it came out but that was a smash hit and ended up running for 12 years, the longest-running musical they've ever had at the Dominion Theatre.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 02, 2018, 08:09:13 PM
Phantasm - Remastered

"Warning shots are bullshit!" 8)

Lol

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Finally got to the theater for Halloween H40.
Absolutely loved it.

Huggs

Huggs

Lost In Space - on DVD

More special effects heavy than I remember. A much better film than I remember too. I enjoyed it. Definitely going to be picking this up on Bluray.

3/5

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Phantasm II

"That story about me blowing up my own house because it was infested with midgets. Mike, that wasn't real." :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed