Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,604 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hacksaw Ridge

Whatever he may have said or done in real life, I really rate Mel Gibson. I think he's a brilliant actor and director and I'll always to thee opportunity to check out something he's in or at the helm of.

Second time watching this. The battle scenes are a little over-the-top at times, but there's no denying how visceral they are. Plenty of emotional scenes away from battle too. Overall, a fantastic film about a really incredible true story.

Ransom

I don't think I'd actually seen this all the way through before. It felt maybe a little rushed in places, and the pseudo-action movie finale felt a little out of place, but overall it was thoroughly engaging. The scene where
Spoiler
Gibson's character goes on live TV to announce the ransom payment is now a bounty on the kidnappers' heads was absolutely superb, and worth the price of admission alone.
[close]

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I don't agree with Gibson's antics but he is only human, the problem with celebrities is that in the eye of the public, they are not allowed to make mistakes. When an everyman makes a mistake, it is a slap on a wrist, when a celebrity does, they are considered major a**holes and "fallen" 
Of course it does depend on the mistake in question in too.

The exception when it comes to speeding or other misdemeanors, then some of them get away with a slap on the wrist instead of jail time.

Insidious chapter 2

Not too bad, it seems Patric Wilson is the go to guy for horror franchises involving spirits these days, well only two I know of so far but stlll..  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 30, 2018, 09:59:59 AMI don't agree with Gibson's antics but he is only human, the problem with celebrities is that in the eye of the public, they are not allowed to make mistakes. When an everyman makes a mistake, it is a slap on a wrist, when a celebrity does, they are considered major a**holes and "fallen" 
Of course it does depend on the mistake in question in too.

Someone once said to me, "It's the art, not the artist."

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Indeed, there is a few movies I like that has been made by people who have done despicable things. Jeepers Creepers for example. You can't hate the movie/show for something a producer, director or actor has done. That said, I definitely can't stand those who commit crimes like that. Funny thing is now with the weinstein thing, a lot of movies we all probably liked has been produced by someone indecent. Hollywood is a sick place.

Then there is smallville, a tv show I used to love to watch years back. One of the main actresses in it was arrested for being involved in a cult and was on charges of sex trafficking, conspiracy to do so and forced labor conspiracy as well. I would still watch the show because the show itself is good but it would be hard to see chloe as just an innocent character again.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hunter Killer
Its an okay action flick, but it does feel like two films mashed together. Even though its based on a book. Great cast though, but they cant do enough to save it

Huggs

Huggs

Pandorum - On Bluray

Started off great, then fell right off a cliff.

Foster was doing great on his own. But when they started with the typical young apocalyptic survivors fighting with knives and doing tiger poses and such, they lost me. If they had stayed with just Foster running around "dead space" style, with Quaid being his info man, it would've been a better film. Shame, a real lost opportunity with this one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Halloween II (2009) - Director's Cut

I... liked it. There are a few poorly judged moments (fewer than the remake had, IMO), but the overall story is actually pretty well done.

Prez

Prez

Halloween (2018)

As someone who has loved the original (and most of the series) since the early 80s I was really pumped for this one.

It didn't disappoint. Curtis owns this film and they've made Michael viciously brutal and terrifying again.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Bohemian Rhapsody

As a Queen nut I've been looking forward to this for a long time. In the end it felt a little disjointed as a story, but the cast were uniformly excellent and the music was, obviously, awesome. I think most of my issues stemmed from the fact Universal did an incredible feature-length documentary on the band a few years back, which I found to be both more interesting and more moving. But it was still a really enjoyable movie. My girlfriend loved it despite not even being a particularly huge Queen fan.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2018, 09:27:50 AM
Bohemian Rhapsody

As a Queen nut I've been looking forward to this for a long time. In the end it felt a little disjointed as a story, but the cast were uniformly excellent and the music was, obviously, awesome. I think most of my issues stemmed from the fact Universal did an incredible feature-length documentary on the band a few years back, which I found to be both more interesting and more moving. But it was still a really enjoyable movie. My girlfriend loved it despite not even being a particularly huge Queen fan.

I'm keen to see it given I'm a big fan too however I can't help but think what would've Sacha Baron Cohen in that role been like. That's no slight on Rami Malek's portrayal either.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Meg (2018)
I'd call it The Meh.

Huggs

Huggs

Darkness Falls - On DVD

Moved quick, alittle better than I remember. 2/5

Slither - On DVD

Watched it with the volume off and subtitles on. Had Deftones playing on the headphones the whole time. A wild experience.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Equalizer 2 (2018)
Took itself a little too serious imo. Should've been Denzel going Death Wish on a gangbangers.

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 28, 2018, 04:55:18 PMLaw Abiding Citizen - On Bluray

Loved it. Been wanting to pick this one up for a long time. Didn't disappoint.

Great movie. One of those where you're supporting for the "bad" guy.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Watched The Invitation (2015) on Halloween. It's a creepy drama/mystery. Logan Marshall-Green who plays Holloway in Prometheus does a decent job in it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 01, 2018, 02:42:18 AM
The Equalizer 2 (2018)
Took itself a little too serious imo. Should've been Denzel going Death Wish on a gangbangers.

I thought that too, then have the main plot here be the Trilogy ender

The Fog (1980)
This was a One Off Halloween Cinema screening that was also part of the Carpenter Classics in 4K re-releases. It was great seeing it finally on the big screen. Its still very tense. The only thing that annoyed me was a small group of people that were laughing at some of the effects. I wanted to throw things at them

The Witch (2015)
A very slowburning tale. Worth the wait but just a little slower than I expected. Anya-Taylor Joy was fantastic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed