Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,465 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 19, 2018, 09:37:58 AM
Mad Max (1979) - most people say Mad Max 2 (aka The Road Warrior) is their favourite, but mine is the original.  MM2/RW is very close, though.

I concur. Brilliant film ... had a very different tone to the other sequels which pushed the boundaries of realism in my opinion (still loved them). The first one reminded me of the bikie movies of the late 70s that seemed to be super popular here in Australia.

So many great quotable lines in that film. My elder brother had the same Ford Falcon model that Max's V8 Interceptor was too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Shape of Water

I loved this. Michael Shannon is a beast as usual, and the love story was genuinely sweet and touching. And now I'll spend most of King of the Monsters wondering if Sally Hawkins will f**k Godzilla. :laugh:

Son of Batman

This was pretty forgettable and middle of the road. Shame, since that initial Batman and Son arc wasn't perfect and could have done with some expanding and fleshing out. But no, we get a weak sauce Talia, a neutered Damian, and Deathstroke is the bad guy because... because Arrow was popular right then? Meh.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Tomb Raider (2018)
Quite enjoyable really. for the Most part it adapts the game from a few years back, but Alicia Vikander is suited to the role. Some great cameos in this

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 20, 2018, 01:58:21 PM
Tomb Raider (2018)
Quite enjoyable really. for the Most part it adapts the game from a few years back, but Alicia Vikander is suited to the role. Some great cameos in this

Really?  I found it extremely dull.  Half hour of exposition and pointless character development, script is generic and full of cliches, action is all green screen, all the moments from the game were toned down for PG-13, not sure what movie you were watching, but each to their own.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadpool

"Ripley! From Alien 3!" :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 20, 2018, 07:59:06 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 20, 2018, 01:58:21 PM
Tomb Raider (2018)

Really?  I found it extremely dull.  Half hour of exposition and pointless character development, script is generic and full of cliches, action is all green screen, all the moments from the game were toned down for PG-13, not sure what movie you were watching, but each to their own.

I did spend a lot of the movie going. She's so much better than Angelina Jolie, so I was probably comparing more, which made me enjoy it a lot more

Scorpio

Scorpio

I actually thought Angelina Jolie was better, and I'm not even a fan of hers.  She had a bit more charisma.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wonder Woman (2017)

Even better on the second viewing, IMO. In before "lawl it's light hearted therefore bad!" :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 22, 2018, 12:23:43 AM
I actually thought Angelina Jolie was better, and I'm not even a fan of hers.  She had a bit more charisma.

au contraire

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2018, 10:33:05 PM
Wonder Woman (2017)

Even better on the second viewing, IMO. In before "lawl it's light hearted therefore bad!" :laugh:

My only beef with WW was the third act or rather the main villain. I found him a little undercooked to be honest. David Thewlis is a wonderful actor (he was utterly brilliant in season 3 of Fargo) but I found him to be nothing like how I imagined Ares. Just seemed odd.

That said it's a common problem with most modern superhero films - the third acts rarely live up to the previous 2 acts of the film (Marvel films in particular have all been guilty of this in my book). Hell even my all time favourite Superhero movie, The Dark Knight had similar problems (though it was almost a 4th act in that film).

BUT I must stress that I found WW wonderful (pun intended) for the most part. The trench scene was rather powerful and emotional to watch. Gal Gadot is pretty easy on the eye too :-p

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Judge Dredd
I always enjoyed this version, sure Stallone wasn't a true Dredd, but he played it well for this version. Armand Assante was perfectly over the top as Rico. For once Rob Schnieder wasn't that bad. The design and costume work was brilliant. Loved the soundtrack and that ABC Warrior was spot on

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 23, 2018, 12:07:22 PM
Judge Dredd
I always enjoyed this version, sure Stallone wasn't a true Dredd, but he played it well for this version. Armand Assante was perfectly over the top as Rico. For once Rob Schnieder wasn't that bad. The design and costume work was brilliant. Loved the soundtrack and that ABC Warrior was spot on

I'm down with this too. Whilst Garland's Dredd is the superior and more true to the source movie, I think Stallone's was silly fun - the set design and realisation of Mega City One was perfect.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Mar 23, 2018, 07:04:46 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2018, 10:33:05 PM
Wonder Woman (2017)

My only beef with WW was the third act or rather the main villain. I found him a little undercooked to be honest. David Thewlis is a wonderful actor (he was utterly brilliant in season 3 of Fargo) but I found him to be nothing like how I imagined Ares. Just seemed odd.

That said it's a common problem with most modern superhero films - the third acts rarely live up to the previous 2 acts of the film (Marvel films in particular have all been guilty of this in my book). Hell even my all time favourite Superhero movie, The Dark Knight had similar problems (though it was almost a 4th act in that film).

BUT I must stress that I found WW wonderful (pun intended) for the most part. The trench scene was rather powerful and emotional to watch. Gal Gadot is pretty easy on the eye too :-p

Yeah the third act was a little odd, and the early bits on the island had too much slow motion for me.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Game Over, Man (2018)
A Workaholics version of Die Hard.
Not great but better than average comedy if you like the Workaholics humour.
Besides the title I didn't notice any other Aliens references.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Watched The Hateful Eight , not my favorite Tarantino flick but very entertaining as usual and love all the actors involved. 
I always enjoy the dialogue in his movies (as well as Coen brothers' movies). I also got a kick out of Michael Madsen in this movie- just something about his look and when he gets his gun taken away.

Also watched Wind River and it was a decent movie. I really like Jon Bernthal after watching this and Elizabeth Olsen is good as always. She's  one of my favorite actresses.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed