Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,598 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Atomic Blonde
Fantastic. Charlize Theron owns this films and the fight scenes were perfectly filmed. Twisty turny

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Guardians of the galaxy 2. I guess it was okay, but i prefered the first one.

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 09, 2017, 12:49:07 PM
Guys, he is entitled to his opinion as regardless what critics think, we all have our tastes.

Thank you. I even said it's not a bad film, it seems on here you have to love it or just keep quiet. :laugh: Also it's not like I didn't give valid reasons...

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 09, 2017, 08:38:39 AM

Since when do critics have much to do with what is popular?

What you banging on about, Vertigo seemed shocked at my comments on the film, so I was just pointing out to him/her that there are others that feel the same as me...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Secret Life of Pets
Fantastic fun for everyone. So much more than the trailers showed which was perfect

Would You Rather?
A fantastic Horror featuring Jeffrey Coombs and the late John Heard. It just cranks up the tension

Alien vs Predator: Requiem
As my friend said It was grim with no reason and even she agreed the lighting was s**t. She did enjoy it, but only in a switch your brain off and try and watch what's going on lol

Russ

Russ

I finally got around to watching "Some Kind of Monster" which I'm afraid to say was more like Spinal Tap than anything else. I think it was really brave of the band to release this movie as it shows them to be complete bell-ends who've entirely lost touch with anything that resembles reality (well except for Hammett who seems grounded).

Its an interesting study of what life-long fame can do to people - Hetfield and Ulrich come across as so utterly self-absorbed that if you weren't aware it was a real thing you'd think it was a mockumentary.... except that you couldn't make it up... that they hire a 40k a week shrink to follow them around and help them "express their truth"... Ulrich sells his paintings for millions of dollars... Hetfield disappears to Russia to shoot bears... they dismiss Newstead (probably because he came across as the most honest person there) after 14 odd years of service when they get their icon award ("he stopped being an icon when he left Metallica") - despite the fact that Hetfield admits that "he doesn't want anyone to have any other projects apart from Metallica" - which is why Newstead felt he had to leave to do his rock/metal/jazz fusion band or whatever it was. (then they all start arguing over who's the most controlling.)

Amazing movie to watch. I still can't believe its real.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've been meaning to watch this for some time now but just never got around to buying it. I saw this in HMV a weeks back and had to pick it up. Watched the first hour and a bit of it last time, still got half hour left to watch but I really enjoyed what I saw. I can see what people mean when they say it can be set in the Alien-verse.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, yeah.  This movie almost belongs in the 'ALIEN' Universe.  The design philosophy and grounded sensibilities really make it a candidate for inclusion.  ConAm and Weyland Yutani could be perceived as rivals in unofficial canon. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2017, 07:36:04 AMWatched the first hour and a bit of it last time, still got half hour left to watch but I really enjoyed what I saw.

I never get it when people watch films in bits and pieces, I've always had to see the whole thing through in one sitting :laugh:

Good film though. Really does look like it could be a side-quel to Alien. Only bit I don't like is (Spoiler for Hicks, this is near the end :P)
Spoiler
when Connery uses a really dumb trick to make one of the hitmen shoot out a window and kill himself like an absolute moron. You'd think ConAm would've hired guys who understand the dangers of space to try and kill someone in space. It really sticks out like an idiotic thumb in the film because the rest of it is so grounded and real.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 23, 2017, 07:48:37 AM
The design philosophy and grounded sensibilities really make it a candidate for inclusion.  ConAm and Weyland Yutani could be perceived as rivals in unofficial canon. 

That's what I'd picked up on. I really get why people think they could be in the same universe. It's another one I'll add on my list of non-Alien but kinda related films for future podcast episodes.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 23, 2017, 08:57:18 AM
I never get it when people watch films in bits and pieces, I've always had to see the whole thing through in one sitting :laugh:

It was turn it off or sleep through the end of the film. Same result either way.  :P

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Dark Tower
Now I know this film has had mixed reviews but I did actually enjoy it. Although I do agree with some of the criticism, that its muddled, moves a bit too quick and mixes in too much from the various books (Although to me, it took stuff more from 1, 2, 5 and 7). The film needed to be al least 30 minutes longer and should have been at least a 15/R
I doubt it will get a sequel (well depending on how the Prequel TV series does anyway), but I do have ideas on how to and what to use for a sequel

Russ

Russ

Ant-Man. Shamelessly loved every second of it. And I'm a DC fan...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2017, 09:51:16 AM
That's what I'd picked up on. I really get why people think they could be in the same universe. It's another one I'll add on my list of non-Alien but kinda related films for future podcast episodes.

Take a close look at the spacesuits and see if they ring a bell.

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 23, 2017, 07:48:37 AM
Oh, yeah.  This movie almost belongs in the 'ALIEN' Universe.  The design philosophy and grounded sensibilities really make it a candidate for inclusion.  ConAm and Weyland Yutani could be perceived as rivals in unofficial canon. 

Valaquen wrote a great article on all the parallels:

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/tag/outland/

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 23, 2017, 03:48:37 PMValaquen wrote a great article on all the parallels:

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/tag/outland/

I've been meaning to track down the Heavy Metal comic adaptation ever since I read his article.

Something I think he missed though - Outland also had a novelisation by none other than ADF.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Metropolis - Giorgio Moroder Version

Interesting watch, and some of the music is great. It's no patch on the complete version of the film, though, and some of the songs, particularly the Joan Jett one that plays about 4 times, feel out of place.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 23, 2017, 03:48:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2017, 09:51:16 AM

Take a close look at the spacesuits and see if they ring a bell.

They're the salvager suits from Aliens iirc. I finished watching it last night and I really enjoyed it. I could also see a lot of Sevastopol in there. Especially around the police areas. I have to wonder if they took some inspiration from there too.

The Mrs and I went to see Your Name last night too. It's had a limited release over here and it's the kind of thing the lady really likes. I gotta say, I really enjoyed it too. Nearly broke my heart.

Was subtitled, not dubbed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed