Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,020 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Dead (2010)

A great change of pace for the Zombie sub genre. And the fact how much hell they went through making it, just pushes what it became over the others

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blazing Saddles

"Hey, where are the white women at?"

For a Few Dollars More

Excellent. 8)

Memento

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 01, 2016, 10:26:48 PM
Blazing Saddles

"Hey, where are the white women at?"
Easily my favorite Mel Brooks film. Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs are great, but Blazing Saddles literally has everything in it to make it one of the most hilarious movies in film history.

IT (1990)

Since this was technically a TV movie, it is broken into 2 parts. So...

Part I
Fantastic. Flashbacks of the now adults as children's experiences with Pennywise The Dancing Clown would make any kid hate clowns forever, with good reason. Tim Curry does not just make the role frightening, he really does stay in your dreams and haunts you. My favorite scene is probably when the gang is looking thru the book and it comes alive. 
10/10

Part II
A little slower, but still great. The adults have now come together, save one, back in Derry and one by one each have confrontations with Pennywise. Really wish the ending (final confrontation) was more dramatic and was merely ok. Favorite scene is when the girl goes back to her childhood home. That was really F'ed up. Bet you will never look at fortune cookies the same way again. :laugh:
7.5/10

Overall: 8/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Red Dawn (1984)
Hadnt watched this is ages and forgot how good it was.

Paranormal Activity 3.
Was okay, not as jumpy as i remember bar a couple of scenes

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

I really liked The First Avenger and I loved The Winter Soldier, but Civil War is still a big disappointment for me.  The only scenes I really enjoyed included Black Panther and Spider-Man which were about them.  As for the big Airport scene, it lost it's appeal for me after the first viewing.  I found it to be much less interesting this time around because of the battle itself and the aftermath.  Same thing with the ending as well.  Nothing clicked for me because it all feels temporary and pointless.

Here's to hoping Doctor Strange is a good one.  For me, the MCU really needs it (not taking into account the excellent Netflix shows).

5/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Man on Fire (2004)
A great performance by Denzel and his pairing with Dakota Fanning is brilliant. Surprised they havent worked together since tbf

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 06, 2016, 11:05:59 AM
Man on Fire (2004)
A great performance by Denzel and his pairing with Dakota Fanning is brilliant. Surprised they havent worked together since tbf

Excellent movie, seen it a few times!

KillCrites

KillCrites

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
A very good comedy/horror film: I recommend.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Jason Bourne (2016)

Several interesting moments but overall just your average action movie. Asset was probably my favorite character while Bourne was pretty bland. Remember that I haven't watched the other 4 movies.

6.7/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Morgan (2016)
An okay film. More thought provoking than the trailer and posters suggest. Luke Scott does have a bright future ahead of him. I also think he takes a bit more from his uncle in style than his dad

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 08, 2016, 10:59:06 AM
Morgan (2016)
An okay film. More thought provoking than the trailer and posters suggest. Luke Scott does have a bright future ahead of him. I also think he takes a bit more from his uncle in style than his dad

The trailer makes it look fast paced when it isn't right?  Kinda like Drive did.  I really want to see this.  Luke is Ridley's son isn't he?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

North by Northwest

"I have a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives, and several bartenders who all depend on me to survive!"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Sep 08, 2016, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 08, 2016, 10:59:06 AM
Morgan (2016)

The trailer makes it look fast paced when it isn't right?  Kinda like Drive did.  I really want to see this.  Luke is Ridley's son isn't he?

It isnt fast paced no. Its quite steady and just builds in mood and atmosphere really. Yes he is, thats how Ridley came on as producer

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Platoon.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Bladerunner - The Directors Cut

No description required.

classic/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed